PRBS - Where YOU can make a difference
out of 12
Post on 28-Nov-2014
DESCRIPTIONPilkington Ratiu Business School: MBA Program, Fellowship Program, Short Executive Programs
- 1. PILKINGTON RATIU BUSINESS SCHOOLWhere YOU make the dierence!
- 2. Contentwhy PRBS 5our programs 6international faculty 8business speakers 9become a PRBS partner 10 Money is really only interesting for what you can do with it. In my case it gives me the freedom to do what I really want to do. Ion Ratiu
- 3. Pilkington Ratiu Business School seeks to bring together a broad spectrum of ideas, cultures and people to develop thoughtful, respectful, articulate and eective leaders equipped for positions of responsibility in business and society in South East Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East.
- 4. why PRBSAdding value to educationPilkington Ratiu Business School is about international managementeducation of the highest quality: the knowledge, attitudes, values and skillsthat foster professionalism, social engagement, prosperity and excellence inleadership.Pilkington Ratiu Business School is a tribute to the lives of Ion and ElisabethRatiu (ne Pilkington), successful international, for-prot and socialentrepreneurs. Looking at the bigger picture A rich and rewarding life usually combines varied platforms and interests. Our model of management education applies to all management arenas - public, private and social. When our lives are richly involved in many dierent aspects of society, our commitments feed o and complement each other, creating valuable synergy.A unique learning experiencePRBS puts a strong emphasis on demonstrated excellence, academic abilityand leadership potential. Our international faculty, representing topbusiness schools such as Harvard, INSEAD, IMD, Craneld and Ashridge,is committed to delivering a unique teaching/learning experience. Shaping the future We aim to provide rst-rate international management education for future business, NGO and public sector leaders wishing to work in the region. PRBS will contribute signicantly to the areas economic development, prosperity and civic engagement, as well as the consolidation of democracy. Business activity has proven to be more eective than donor-aid programs alone in stimulating development and enriching the quality of life. Pilkington Ratiu Business School 5
- 5. Keen to play your own special role in the world?Pilkington Ratiu Business School is the place to acquire the higher education youneed to become a part of the future. Through our programs and unique teaching/learning environment, students absorb a real understanding of the key functionalareas of management activity, while developing the attitudes, values, skills andbroader vision needed in todays real world.All courses require a high level of both individual and group-based preparationfor every session (readings, internet research, case studies and project preparation).PRBS uses a variety of teaching methods, including the case method of teachingpioneered by Harvard Business School, project work, simulations, eld trips, andthe completion of a thesis.MBA Program 10 months, 18 modules, 12 professors ... a lifetime experienceThe PRBS MBA program is the opportunity toexperience a world of dierent background, cultures,beliefs and talents. Sharing, learning, achieving andapplying ... all in just ten months of intensive work,while forging friends for a lifetime.The MBA curriculum is designed for rapid learningand preparing students for international businesscareers. This aim is reected in the ten-month, com-pressed time-frame, by focusing on study ve days aweek and avoiding down-time.PRBS also oers a range of subjects that have onlyrecently entered MBA curricula: corporate gover-nance, corporate social responsibility, cross-culturalunderstanding, ethics and, above all, sustainability -subjects of vital importance for future leaders.
- 6. our programsFellowship Program exible-duration, international environment ... boosting your futureThe Pilkington Ratiu Fellowship Program addresses experienced managers embarkingon the next phase of their career. Current practices will be challenged, boundaries willbe crossed, beliefs will be shaken as, together, we develop a more integrated view ofmanagement. Expect to share ideas, best practices and viewpoints with your fellows.Diversity and networking is encouraged for personal and career development. Treat theprogram as the launching pad to your future.The Fellowship Program curriculum consists of eighteen two-day weekend modules. Acandidate who opts to take every module will be able to complete the program in lessthan one year. Others may decide to spread their course of study over a longer period,up to a maximum of three full years. Short Executive Programs knowledge, attitude, professionalism, social engagementPRBS Short Executive Programs (SEPs) for top-management are designed to inform,provoke and inspire business leaders and their partners. These exclusive weekendsoer plentiful opportunities to compare notes with fellow guests and faculty memberson how best to navigate present-day challenges in the company of leading managementpractitioners.The format of each weekend combines business with pleasure in a timetable thatallows freedom and exibilty for individual preferences as well as informal privatediscussions with fellow guests and faculty. Sessions are participative, combining work-shops, lectures, round-tables, case-studies and debates. Guests are encouraged to submitquestions and their own case studies beforehand, to bring even greater immediacy andrelevance to the weekends discussions. Pilkington Ratiu Business School 7
- 7. international faculty Dr. John Heptonstall Dean, PRBS Dr. John Heptonstall is one of Europes most distinguished management educa- tors and practitioners. He has designed, conducted and/or lectured on tailored executive programmes in nance and in corporate strategy for numerous inter- national organisations, including: American Management Association; The Bank of Montreal; ANZ Bank; Alcan Aluminium; SKF Bearings; Coutts Private Bank- ing; Raja Garuda; Commonwealth Bank of Australia; Kone; Electricit de France; Swiss Central Bank; UBS - Union de Banques Suisses; Coopers & Lybrand; Price- WaterhouseCoopers; Ernst & Young; Sinopec.Dr. Sham L. BathijaSenior Economic Advisor to the President, AfghanistanDr. Bathijas academic credentials link him to New York University, HarvardUniversity, Stanford University and Columbia University. Formerly he was theoutset, he was UNCTAD/United Nations Special Representative to OperationSalaam for Afghanistan, working closely with HRH Prince Sadruddin AghaKhan, the UN Secretary-Generals Special Representative for Afghanistan. Mr.Bathija is an experienced, development economist with recognized leadershipand management qualities and decades of knowledge and expertise in nationaleconomic development with multilateral institutions including the UN. Dr. Farid Muna Chairman of Meirc Training & Consulting. Dr. Farid Muna holds an MBA in Finance from the University of California at Berkeley and a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from London Business School. He was the Managing Director of Meirc, where he participated in consulting, research, and management training assignments in North Africa, Japan, USA, the Middle East, and the Gulf. Dr. Munas training and consulting interests concentrate on leadership, negotiation skills, creativity, strategic thinking, planning, and human resources management.Dr. Bob BolandDr. Boland was responsible for the establishment of the rst EngineeringManagement Programme at Craneld. At the University of Cape Town, hewas instrumental in the founding of the Graduate School of Business, anddevelopment of the MBA and Executive Programs. Subsequently, heconsulted, taught and researched accelerated learning systems and educationaltechnology at INSEAD. From 1983, Dr. Boland worked in Africa and LatinAmerica as a consultant to the International Labour Oce in Geneva. Dr. Bo-land is currently with the French Geneva Campus of Thunderbird - The Ameri-can Graduate School of International Management - and the European Institute,Geneva.
- 8. business speakersFlorin IlieDirector, Head of Equity Markets for ING RomaniaFlorin Ilie is Director, Head of Equity Markets for ING Romania, coordinatingresearch, sales and trading activities. Florin is an expert in nancial analysis andEU aairs. He started his career in 1998, working in commercial and investmentbanking, consulting and diplomacy. He started out as an equity analyst andsubsequently worked in banking and consulting. Florin also joined the diplomaticservice during the EU accession negotiations and was Romanias Eurodiplomatprior to 2002 Spanish Presidency of the EU Council. In parallel, Florin has beeninvolved in teaching and research at ASE Bucharest, Harvard University andUniversidad de Alcala. He has published numerous articles, textbooks and studieson international economics and nance. Dana Denis-Smith Managing Director of Marker Global Dana Denis-Smith is the Managing Director of Marker Global, a London-based business consultancy. She has ten years of experience as an analyst of the economic transition of Eastern Europe. Previous to her current role, she worked as a lawyer for Linklaters and as an analyst for a number of London-based economic forecasters and business intelligence providers, including The Economist Intelligence Unit. She worked as a business journalist for the BBC World Service inLondon, Reuters in Romania and the Russia Journal in Moscow.Titus BocseriManaging Director, Umbrella Solutions, New YorkTitus Bocseri is the Managing Director of Umbrella Solutions, a consulting,executive development and information services rm based in NY. Their clients in-clude companies such as: Alico, New York Life, Wachovia Securities, SEI Investments,Pzer, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, ConocoPhillips, DuPont, Microsoft,and many others. Titus worked previously in New York for HSBC as Senior VicePresident where he headed the strategic initiatives unit in Global Insurance. Prior tothat, Titus worked on Wall Street as Vice President in charge of Strategic Develop-ment in the Global M&A Department for Willis Group Holdings Limited and wasCorporate Vice President of New York Life Insurance. In addition, Titus holds anadjunct faculty position at Columbia Business School where he teaches courses incorporate strategy and business development. Bogdan Ciobotaru Vice President, Morgan Stanleys Central & Eastern European Group Bogdan Ciobotaru has over 10 years of investment banking experience, primarily in the Balkan region, specialized in mergers and acquisitions. His notable transactions include Vimetco $525 MM IPO, Rosneft $10.7 Bn IPO, $381 MM NASDAQ IPO CTC Media, Trader Media East $566 IPO, Integra $700 MM IPO, RCS/RDS IPO (ongoing), Integra IPO . Pilkington Ratiu Business School 9
- 9. become a PRBS partnerAs a PRBS partner you will benet from exceptional visibility on campus: space and service during PRBS Job Fairs promoting your business through business competitions, teaching awards or namedfacilities space on the www.prbs.eu Career page to present your business opportunities your company name listed in all PRBS publications, printed and on-line custom-designed Short Executive Programs (SEPs) and consulting at discounted rates space in PRBS campus media ( journals and publications) VIP invitations to all PRBS events By becoming a corporate partner:Corporations are invitated to become corporate partners of Pilkington Ratiu BusinessSchool, by investing in the schools mission, sustaining talent, encouraging great ideas,including: internship programs scholarships company presentations on campus study visits to company recruitment events and interviewsAll the above can be named after your company. By becoming a strategic partner:Becoming a strategic partner of the Pilkington Ratiu Business School is a high-levelcommitment to excellence in education: playing a key role in PRBS board-level decision-making: founding a PRBS Chair related to your business activities; a chair is a long term com-mitment to excellence in both teaching and research around a specic topic. naming scholarships to PRBS after your company accompany students from their admission to PRBS to the start of their careers with:- representation on PRBS Board of Admission- internship programs- company presentations on campus- study visits to your company- recruitment events and interviews involvement of your company in the development of signicant academic content:courses, seminars and case studies
- 10. Entrepreneurship and development coupled with the preservation andreinforcement of core social, moral and democratic values are the keys to sustainable economic development for all.
- 11. Pilkington Ratiu Business Schoolwww.firstname.lastname@example.orgTel. +40 372 775 931Fax +40 364 813 791Piata Unirii no.11Cluj-Napoca, 40015
View more >