prayers for tutors
Click here to load reader
Post on 09-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is a sample of the prayers tutor teachers use each day at John Paul Academy.
- 1.A collection of prayers andshort spiritual reflections fortutor classesin John Paul Academy
2. Seek to seethe face of Godin everyone. St.Catherine Laboure 3. Today we pray for each other.Help us to learn in class. Help us also to learn a little more of Your love for us. 4. Next to the Blessed Sacrament itself, your neighbour is the holiest object presented to your senses. C.S. Lewis 5. We pray this morning for all those people we know who are ill, and for those who look after them.Lord, give them your strength. 6. Hail Mary
- Hail Mary, full of grace,
- the Lord is with thee.
- Blessed art thou among women
- and blessed is
- the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
- Holy Mary, Mother of God,
- pray for us sinners
- now and at the hour of our death,
7. Be still and know that I am God Psalm 46 8. Prayer is nothing else than being on terms of friendship with God.Teresa of Avila There is nothing on earth more to be prized than true friendship St Thomas Aquinas 9. In order to find oneself,you must first lose yourselfin the service of others.Ghandi Father, please help me today to go out of my way for at least one other person. 10. There is not one blade of grass, there is no colour in this world, that is not intended to make us rejoice. John Calvin We thank you, Lord,for the gift of our amazing world. 11. Mount Calvary is the academy of love. St. Francis de Sales 12. God loves you 13. Our Father
- Our Father,
- who art in Heaven,
- hallowed be Thy Name.
- Thy Kingdom come;
- Thy Will be done on earth
- as it is in Heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread
- and forgive us our trespasses as we
- forgive those who trespass against us;
- and lead us not into temptation,
- but deliver us from evil. Amen.
14. To err is human, to forgive divineAlexander Pope 15. Lord, I pray for my dead relatives and friends. 16. God is love.Whoever lives in lovelives in God,and God in them. 1John 4:16 17. The fruit of silence is prayer the fruit of prayer is faith the fruit of faith is love the fruit of love is service the fruit of service is peace. Mother Teresa 18. If we pray, we will believe;If we believe, we will loveIf we love, we will serve. Mother Teresa 19. Lord, this world needsthis marvellous wealth that is youth. Help young people! They possess the inexhaustible wealth of the future. Do not allow an easy life to corrupt them, Nor difficulties to quench their spirit. Amen. Don Helder Camara 20. 21. Father,We thank You for ourpatron, Pope John Paul II. Inspired by Your love and with the help of Our Lady,he taught us to love one anotherand to love You.We pray that he will help our school, and that he will soon be namedamong Your Saints.Amen 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. The worst prison would be a closed heart. Pope John Paul II 27.
- Lord, help me
- to remember
- that nothing
- is going to happen
- to me today
- that You and I
- can't handle.
A SHORT PRAYER 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. Be humbleand you will never be disturbed. It is very difficult in practice because we all want to see the result of our work.Leave it to Jesus. Mother Teresa 33. Preach the Gospel always, and when necessary, use words. St. Francis of Assisi 34. Prayer of St Francis
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
- where there is hatred, let me sow love,
- where there is injury, pardon,
- where there is doubt, faith,
- where there is despair, hope,
- where there is darkness, light,
- and where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
- to be consoled as to console,
- to be understood as to understand, to be loved as to love,
- for it is in giving that we receive,
- it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
35. Our lives begin to endthe day we become silentabout things that matter. Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. 36. Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be and becoming that person.Saint Therese of Lisieux 37.
- God, grant me the serenity
- to accept the things
- I cannot change;
- The courage to change
- the things I can;
- And the wisdom
- to know the difference.
The Serenity Prayer 38. Jesus said:do not worry about tomorrow: tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough troubleof its own.' 39. There never has been nor will be another you There never has been Live today to the full nor will be another today 40. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.St Paul 41. Jesus said: You are light for the world. A city built on a hill-top cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp to put it under a tub; they put it on the lamp-stand where it shines for everyone in the house.In the same way your light must shine in people's sight, so that, seeing your good works, they may give praise to your Father in heaven. 42.
- God our Father,
- I know that I have much to learn
- from other people
- who reflect your image and likeness
- in different ways.
- Inspire me to respect others fully
- as my equals,
- seeing and loving in them
- what you see and love in them.
THE RESPECT PRAYER 43. When you look at the crucifix, you understand how much Jesus loved you then.When you look at the Sacred Host, you understand how much Jesus loves you now. Mother Teresa 44. 45. Jesus said: If anyone requires you to go one mile, go two mileswith him. Give to anyone who asks you, and if anyone wants to borrow, do not turn away.You have heard how it was said,You will love your neighbour and hate your enemy. But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. 46. Jesus said: You must therefore be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect. 47. What we talked about will have to remain a secret between him and me. I spoke to him as a brother whom I have pardoned and who has my complete trust.Pope John Paul II about his chatwith the man who shot him 48. Do not be afraid forI have redeemed you.I have called you by your name;you are mine. Isaiah 43 49. 50. So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12 51. Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen.Keep in the sunlight.Benjamin Franklin Lord Jesus, save mefrom becoming anxious about the future. 52. To me you are a work of artMorrissey We are Gods masterpiece Ephesians 2:10 53. Jesus said: 'Do not store up treasures for yourselves on earth, where moth and woodworm destroy them and thieves can break in and steal. But store up treasures for yourselves in heaven, where neither moth nor woodworm destroys them and thieves cannot break in and steal. For wherever your treasure is, there will your heart be too.. 54. Morning Offering
- O Jesus
- through the most pure Heart of Mary
- I offer You
- all my prayers, works,
- joys and sufferings
- of this day
- for your intentions
- and the intentions
- of our Holy Father the Pope.
55. Jesus said:do not worry about tomorrow: tomorrow will take care of itself.Each day has enough trouble of its own.' 56. Jesus said:Do not judge,and you will not be judged 57. Jesus said:'In truth I tell you once again,if two of you on earth agree to ask anything at all, it will be granted to you by my Father in heaven.For where two or three meet in my name, I am there among them.' 58. Prayer Of St Patrick
- Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
- Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
- Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
- Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
- Christ in the heart of every man
- who thinks of me,
- Christ in the mouth of every man
- who speaks of me,
- Christ in the eye that sees me,
- Christ in the ear that hears me.
59. Jesus said: forgive each otherif one of you has a complaintagainst another.The Lord has forgiven you;now you must do the same. 60. 61. Prayhopeand don't worry Padre Pio 62. Have no fearof moving into the unknown.Simply step out fearlessly knowing that God is with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well.Do this in completefaith and confidence.Pope John Paul II 63. Social justicecannot be attained by violence.Violence killswhat it intends to create.Pope John Paul II 64. Do not abandon yourselvesto despair.We are the Easter peop