power point final
Post on 16-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Community Helpers PROJECT By: Maria Dolores Clavijo Manzano Pilar Fraile Llorente Silvia Hernando Gonzalez
2. firefighter waiter teacher police officer postal worker doctor FLASHCARDS 3. hospital fire station post office school police station restaurant FLASHCARDS 4. POEM: WHAT DO YOU DO? Police officer, police officer, what do you do? I direct traffic. Why dont you?(Make gestures as apolice officer) Where do you work? I work in a police station. Doctor, doctor, what do you do? I take care of people. Why dont you?(Pretend touse a stethoscope) Where do you work? I work in a hospital. 5. Waiter, waiter, what do you do? I bring you drinks and food. Why dont you? (Make gestures as a waiter carrying a tray) Where do you work? I work in a restaurant. Fire fighter, fire fighter, what do you do? I put out fire. Why dont you?(Mime using a hose) Where do you work? I work in a fire station. POEM: WHAT DO YOU DO? 6. Postal worker, postal worker, what do you do? I bring you the letters. Why dont you?(Mime puttingletters into a mailbox) Where do you work? I work in a post office. Teacher, teacher, what do you do? I teach English. Why dont you?(Make gestures as ifwe were teaching English) Where do you work? I work in a school. POEM: WHAT DO YOU DO? 7. DO A MAZE: Read, number and colour: 1.postal worker2.doctor3.school4.police station5.teacher6.hospital7.waiter8.firefighter9.post office10.restaurant11.fire station12.police officer 8.
- A doctor takes care of people.
- A fire fighter puts out fires.
THREE BY THREE GAME CARDS 9.
- A police officer directs traffic.
- An English teacher teaches English.
THREE BY THREE GAME CARDS 10.
- A postal worker brings letters.
- A waiter brings drinks and food.
THREE BY THREE GAME CARDS 11. THREE BY THREE
- MATERIALS: Eighteen cards of three different shapes (six triangles, six circles
- six rectangles). On each triangle there is a drawing of a job,
- on each circle the drawing of a place and on each rectangle a
- sentence describing what people do.
- HOW TO PLAY:
- 1 stThe teacher gives out one card to each student.
- 2 ndThe students look at their cards without showing them the
- picture to the rest of the class. They will only see the shape of
- the cards
- 3 rdWalking around the classroom the students try to find the rest
- of components of his/her group asking the right questions:
- - To someone with a triangle: Are you a ?
- - To someone with a circle: Where do you work?
- - To someone with a rectangle: What do you do?
- 4 thHaving formed all the groups,the students show the rest of the
- classroom their cards and say:
- I am a ________________.
- I work in ________________.
- I ______________________.
12. FOLLOW UP ACTIVITY In groups of three, students have to put in order the sentences of one verse of the poem and stick them on to cardboard. Under the verse draw a picture representing the job and its value for the community.
- I work in a police station.
- Where do you work?
- I direct traffic. Why dont you?
- Police officer, police officer, what do you do?
13. THANK VERY MUCH!