post production diary

of 4 /4
Editing Day 1 – Aim: To upload good footage onto the timeline (Adobe Premiere Pro CS6) for editing, crop clips when necessary Time: Period 5 & 6 (2 hours) Our project had previously been set up and had a number of clips already on it (Grace’s contribution) and so to further our Review My role: I located and then uploaded the clips off of the SD cards and into our area (media file) so that we are able to access them easily. I worked with Abi who notified me of the clips needed in order to put together all of our shots in the order desired, which I then found and told Abi which number to upload. In some cases where we had several takes of a scene, I watched each one identified the most satisfactory shots so that our production is the best quality possible. What went well: By the end of the lesson we had uploaded onto the timeline around half of our shots. We also arranged crops for Myself working

Upload: danielle

Post on 15-Apr-2017

148 views

Category:

Career


2 download

TRANSCRIPT

Page 1: Post production diary

Editing Day 1 – 07.12.15

Aim: To upload good footage onto the timeline (Adobe Premiere Pro CS6) for editing, crop clips when necessary

Time: Period 5 & 6 (2 hours)

Our project had previously been set up and had a number of clips already on it (Grace’s contribution) and so to further our project myself and Abi collaborated to get more of our footage on the timeline.

Review

My role: I located and then uploaded the clips off of the SD cards and into our area (media file) so that we are able to access them easily. I worked with Abi who notified me of the clips needed in order to put together all of our shots in the order desired, which I then found and told Abi which number to upload. In some cases where we had several takes of a scene, I watched each one identified the most satisfactory shots so that our production is the best quality possible.

What went well: By the end of the lesson we had uploaded onto the timeline around half of our shots. We also arranged crops for clips that needed to be cut so only necessary parts are used. The rest will be uploaded by our main editor Grace on Tuesday.

Me and Abi worked well together and the lesson was productive resulting in us having moved a step forward in the process of editing our production.

Myself working

Page 2: Post production diary

Reviewing each of our shots is an essential part to making our production as it is important we select the most successful shot in order to increase the quality and ultimately professionalism of our work. Optimal quality would include a steady shot that takes into consideration the composition (e.g. no unwanted items in the background) and good focus etc. Having done this now ensures our piece is made up of our best shots.

Editing Day 2 – 10.12.15

Aim: To create the titles for our piece on Adobe After Effects CS6

Time: Period 3 (1 hour)

During the planning stages I completed the plan for the titles we would be including in our production as so I took on this task, with the assistance of Abi and together we chose the most suitable effects and fonts.

Our uploaded footage in our area Watching the clips and assessing desirability

The clips together on Premiere

Page 3: Post production diary

Screenshot of our project in After Effects

Review

My role: I set up the project on After Effects and added each composition in, writing up each title as planned in order to inform the viewer of the producers of the film, and positioning them in appropriate places. I then applied each of the effects and rendered each one so that it saves in our area and can be accessed.

What went well: Despite this being our first time using this program, I feel we created titles that are professional and reflective of our genre of thriller. Having been influenced by professional thriller films I discovered in my research tasks, our production company logo is simple but rather sleek as the white text against a black background draws the viewer’s attention to the information displayed. Overall I am pleased with the titles we have designed and think they will be effective in our opening sequence.

Viewing all of the different animation effects for text and selecting the ones we liked and felt were appropriate for our genre of thriller

Creating compositions with a transparent background so that we can apply them on top of footage in Premiere, and with white font as this is easier to see against the videos

Page 4: Post production diary