Polc framework of coca cola presentaion-final
out of 45
Post on 18-Aug-2015
- 1. CONTENT: PLANNING ORGANIZING LEADING CONTROLLING THE POLC FRAME WORK
- 2. PRESENTED BY GROUP # 7 Students of Master in Administrative Sciences (MAS-Final), Department of Public Administration, University Of Karachi. GOUP MEMEBRS: QUDSIA BIBI NASIR KHAN UMER QURESHI AAMIR SHAHZAD MUHAMMAD ASIF KHAN PRESENTED TO: MR. ZIA KHURSHEED SUBJECT: PRINCIPLES OF MANAMEMENT (612)
- 3. THE COCA COLA COMPANY AN INTRODUCTION Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company,The largest manufacturer, distributor and marketer of non-alcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups in the world and is one of the largest corporations in the United States. The company is best known for its flagship product Coca Cola invented by pharmacist John Stith Pemberton in 1886. The Coca-Cola formula and brand was bought in 1889 by Asa Candler who incorporated The Coca-Cola Company in 1892. Besides its namesake Coca-Cola beverage, Coca-Cola currently offers nearly 400 brands in over 200 countries or territories and serves 1.5 billion servings each day.
- 4. COCA COLA IN PAKISTAN The Coca-Cola Company entered the Pakistani market in 1953, and since then it has expanded rapidly to become one of the leading beverage companies in Pakistan. Its operations support the bottler, distributors, retailers, and in addition 10 vendor industries.
- 5. OUR BUSINESS MODEL IN PAKISTAN Our business model, termed as the The Coca-Cola System encompasses the production, marketing, sales and distribution of our beverages. The Coca-Cola System in Pakistan comprises of: The Coca-Cola Export Corporation, Pakistan & Afghanistan Region (TCCEC) Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan Limited (CCBPL) established in 1996 by The Coca-Cola Company. Currently almost 50% shares, along with management rights of CCBPL lie with Coca-Cola ecek (CCI), the sixth largest Coca-Cola bottler in the world. CCI has a presence in 10 countries including Azerbaijan, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkey and Turkmenistan. Extensive network of distributors, retailers and customers.
- 6. OUR BUSINESS MODEL TCCEC is responsible for the manufacturing and selling of the concentrates, beverage bases and syrups to CCBPL. It also owns the brands and heavily partakes in consumer brand marketing initiatives, besides having a comprehensive public affairs and communications responsibility. CCBPL manufactures, packages, merchandises and distributes the produced branded beverages. As the bottling company, CCBPL is also responsible for developing local networks, so that the end product reaches the consumer in its best quality. This includes customer development, market investment, order collection, delivery and lastly cash collection. We, at Coca-Cola strongly believe in delivering sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for the people and our planet. We are a company committed to making a positive difference.
- 7. COCA COLA PRODUCT LINE Coca Cola Pakistan has a very narrow product range. It has the following brands in Pakistan. Coca Cola Sprite Fanta Diet Coke Minute Maid now Rani Pulpi Kinley These products are sold in the market in different sizes of bottles. These sizes are available for all its products.
- 8. CONTENT: PLANNING ORGANIZING LEADING CONTROLLING PLANNING
- 9. CEO TURNAROUND PLANING Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent has a vision for the future. A renewed focus on soda. 2020 vision. Boost performance by new innovation and always remain discontent. Coca-Cola wants to become even more global icon, expanding its business. Smart investments. The Secret Formula
- 10. MISSION STATMENT To refresh the world and inspire... Moments of happiness and optimism.. To create values and make a difference...
- 11. VISION Our vision serves as the framework for our Roadmap and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth. People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be. Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality beverage brands that anticipate and satisfy people's desires and needs. Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers, together we create mutual, enduring value. Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build and support sustainable communities. Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareowners while being mindful of our overall responsibilities. Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization.
- 12. VALUES Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in the world. LEADERSHIP: The courage to shape a better future. COLLABORATION: Leverage collective genius. INTEGRITY: Be real. ACCOUNTABILITY: If it is to be it's up to me. PASSION: Committed in heart and mind. DIVERSITY: As inclusive as our brands. QUALITY: What we do, we do well.
- 13. STRATEGIZING
- 14. Focus on Market Focus on needs of consumers, customers and franchise partners Get out into the market and listen, observe and learn Possess a world view Focus on execution in the marketplace every day Be insatiably curious
- 15. Work Smart Act with urgency Remain responsive to change Work efficiently Have the courage to change course when needed Remain constructively discontent
- 16. Act Like Owners Be accountable for our actions and inactions Steward system assets and focus on building value Reward our people for taking risks and finding better ways to solve problems Learn from our outcomes -- what worked and what didnt
- 17. Be the Brand Inspire creativity, passion, optimism and fun
- 18. GOALS Are to be globally known as a business. Can strive towards innovation and create new drinks. Can continue to plan for the next five to ten years. Helping local communities and supporting them financially, so they can create more Businesses and Maximize Our Profit.
- 19. STRATEGIC GOALS To continue to be an organization providing the quality products to the valuable customers. To select and retain the professional people for the organization. To project an outstanding corporate image. To satisfy the customer through extra ordinary service and an excellent service along with the complete tactical and operational support.
- 20. OBJECTIVES Fostering an open and inclusive environment based on recognized workplace human rights, where a highly motivated, productive and committed workforce drives business success through superior execution. Conducting the business in ways that protect and preserve the environment and integrating principles of environmental stewardship and sustainable development into the business decisions and processes.
- 21. OBJECTIVES Investing time, expertise and resources to provide economic opportunity, improving the quality of life, and fostering goodwill in communities where the business operates, through locally relevant initiatives. Providing products and services that meet the beverage needs of the consumers, while providing sound and rewarding business opportunities and benefits for customers, suppliers, distributors and local communities.
- 22. TACTICAL PLANS To increase the revenues by 20% as compared to last year. To increase the total retail customers by around 10%. To increase the market share by 5%.
- 23. OPERATIONALS PLANS To find new customers, To retain existing ones, To bring back the discontinued accounts.
- 24. CONTENT: PLANNING ORGANIZING LEADING CONTROLLING ORGANIZING
- 25. ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN Organizing is the second management function. The following steps are taken by the Coca Cola Company in organizing their goals and objectives: Departmentalization Work Specialization Delegation and Accountability Resource Allocation Organizing the Human Resources
- 26. ORGANIZING HUMAN RESOURCE The company does the recruitment process when there is a position empty and the recruitment is always done on permanent basis in Coca Cola Company. Our vision serves as the framework for our Road map and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth . There is a high percentage of work specialization in the Coca Cola Company because every manager is appointed in the function in which he is expert so there is no boredom or monotony.
- 27. ORGANIZING HUMAN RESOURCE There is a high percentage of delegation in the company. The work is done with proper authority and responsibility. When the issue of resource allocation comes into action the Coca Cola Company has given the authority to managers to use the resources of the company where ever and whenever they are needed.
- 28. ORGANIZATION CULTURE Mission driven focused on refreshing mind, inspiring, optimism. Role culture is the culture that Coca-Cola adopts. Role culture is normally split up into a number of functions include like accounts, marketing and production. Culture works by logic and rationality rules and procedures are the main source of influence.
- 29. CORPORATE CULTURE The Top management at coca cola also try to emphasize to follow the prescribed culture of the organization. Coca Cola has formal and documented values that are communicated to all the employees. To ensure proper application of the rules and behavior of the values, the top management act as role models, and closely administer and review their employees behavior
- 30. SOCIAL NETWORK Coca Cola on e-social networks. Facebook Twitter Linked In You Tube Flickers Instagram Google Plus
- 31. OTHER SOCIAL ACTIVITIES COCA COLA FOUNDATION: Priority Areas Women: Economic empowerment and entrepreneurship Water: Access to clean water, water conservation and recycling Well-Being: Active healthy living, education and youth development
- 32. CONTENT: PLANNING ORGANIZING LEADING CONTROLLING LEADING
- 33. LEADERSHIP CEO and Chairman: MUHTAR KENT Leadership of TCCEC for Pakistan & Afghanistan Region: RAZA AHMED, Director, Franchise & Commercial & Corporate Leadership FAHAD QADIR, Director, Public Affairs & Communications RIZWAN ULLAH KHAN, General Manager SARAH FAROOQ, Legal Counsel KALEEM FAZAL, Region Finance Manager QASIM MAHMOOD, Technical Services Manager FAISAL HASHMI, HR-Strategic Business Partner ALI AKBAR, Director Marketing ATIQUE KHAWAJA, Senior Quality Environment Occupational Safety & Health (QEOSH) Manager.
- 34. LEADERSHIP STYLE The managers are responsible for taking major administrative decisions. Departmental managers are responsible for leading and directing their subordinates.
- 35. COCA COLA ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE: DECISION MAKING Decision making process is centralized the top management takes decisions. The following are the areas where the important decisions has been taken place: The Package Positioning Trade Discounts Advertisements Price Reductions Distribution
- 36. COCA COLA ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE: COMUNICATION There is open environment in Coca Cola, which discourages barriers among the members sharing information All Employees easily approach the Managers in any problems. Allows the employees to communicate with each other. Before making decisions the top level managers discuss it with the middle level managers shared till the end. Interdepartmental communication is done in the form of formal and informal manners, to get the feedback of the employees.
- 37. GROUPS/TEAMS Grouping of employees is done on the basis of their common skills and work activities. Group members by promoting the interests of the group members and by practicing social equality. Group of employees are from all the levels, functions and business units of the organization
- 38. EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION Employee motivation is given a very high consideration at Coca Cola. Following tools has been applied for that High Attention Competitive Compensation Packages Promotions Bonus Performance Based Compensation Help them To Attain Individual Goals Safe & Healthy Working Environment Challenging Milestone
- 39. CONTENT: PLANNING ORGANIZING LEADING CONTROLLING CONTROLLING
- 40. PROCESS / SYSTEM Steward system assets and focus on building value. Centralize system of control. System requirements that enable them to quickly achieve scale and efficiencies bottling system across the globe provide vital information that is incorporated in the strategies.
- 41. CONTROL PROCESS Control is done through the evaluation, which is based on the objectives. Developed different criteria and different reporting and controlling systems. Sales Persons Reporting system: Every sales person directly reports to market developer of his area Sales Persons Evaluation System: Every salespersons evaluation is done on quarterly basis. This evaluation also motivates salespeople to work hard and get the promotion
- 42. STRATEGIC HRM Provide vital information to the employees that Is incorporated in company's strategies. The strategic workplace programs that help assure the success of company's strategic goals. Strategic goals are made for long term. Change strategies after every three years set by the CEO & Chairman of the company
- 43. QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
View more >