poetry styles non-fiction dewey 800 eq: what’s shape poetry?
out of 12
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Poetry Styles Non-Fiction Dewey 800 EQ: Whats shape poetry?
- Slide 2
- What is Poetry? Provides feelings and ideas Might show emotion using pictures Does not need to rhyme. Uses repetition and may use rhythm.
- Slide 3
- Couplets The last word of the first line and last line rhyme. Sweet apple, red and round So nice to get you Off the ground!
- Slide 4
- Apology Poem Dear Apple, I'm sorry that I picked you off the tree before you were ready to fall Please forgive me
- Slide 5
- Sensory Poem I was standing in the orchard When I saw a lovely tree (sight) I heard an apple fall, (sound) It smelled so very sweet (smell) I took a bite...yum! (taste)
- Slide 6
- Phrase Poem This form of poetry states an idea with a list of phrases. Eating Apples yum, yum, yum, crunching, munching healthy, juicy apples
- Slide 7
- Cinquain Apples (one word) Juicy, sweet (two words) Red, yellow, green (three words) Yummy, delicious, fantastic, healthy (four words) Apples (one word)
- Slide 8
- Five W'S Poetry Each line in this type of poem answers one of the 5 W's (who? what? when? where? why?) I Love eating apples In the morning In my kitchen Cause they are so good for me
- Slide 9
- Diamond Poetry When centered this poem will take the form of a diamond. Apples (one word) Sweet, ripe (two words) Delicious, Empire, Cortland (three words) Pies, sauce (two words) Apples (one word)
- Slide 10
- Shape Poetry 10
- Slide 11
- Acrostic Poetry An acrostic poem is one in which certain letters, often the first letter of every line, form a name or a theme. Apples are yummy. Pretty and juicy. Please pick only when ripe. Licking jelly apples are fun. Eat them day and night.
- Slide 12
- Now its your turn to write poetry! Choose an idea that you would enjoy writing a poem about Choose a style of poetry to use Write your poem as a rough draft Revise, changing or adding interesting words Edit your poem for spelling and punctuation Write your final copy after conferencing with your teacher. Poetry Slam! See Rubric http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/inter actives/theme_poems/ http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/inter actives/theme_poems/
View more >