pneumatic sprue picker presentation
out of 40
Post on 19-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Pneumobot Sprue Picker Robot Rohit Wavle(68) Abhijeet Pawar(48) Prem Bawa(04) Swapnil Ahire(01) Guided by Prof. V.V Shinde
- 2. Vote of Thanks Special thanks to Janatics Pneumatics ,Swargate , Pune. Mr.Kunal Sahare and Vishal for help Poona gear mfg, Milind Bayasker ,Allwin Fedrick at Talwade and Malik khan sir at Lonavla for mfg help Mr. Vijay Samangadkar at Nigdi for micro controller help and Mr.Ramesh Wavle for all technical help.
- 3. Contents Problem Statement Plastic Injection moulding Robotics Automation 2012 visit & IATF 2013 Design and analysis Pneumatics and electricals Fabrication
- 4. Problem Statement There are 14 Plastic small-scale industries in Industrial Estate at Nangergoan. Plastic Injection moulding machines are used for manufacture of domestic ,automobile and daily use plastic parts. Company description 1. To Enhance the productivity in IMM industry using automation and resolve issues regarding workers. 2. To perform pick and place operation within 8 seconds from IMM to Granulator.
- 5. Purpose of Project 1. Consistency 2. Fast Cycle time 3. Less Labor Cost 4. Product Hygiene 5. Safety Issue 6. 2nd level Automation 7. Continuous Operation 8. Productivity
- 6. Abstract Electro-pneumatic robot for automation in plastic IMM having mechanical gripper to remove sprue (waste component) from the mold and placing it into Granulator. A linear and rotary pneumatic actuator will be used to give required motions. Mitre Bevel gear to transmit power and torque. Linear nylon made slider for easy sliding motion .
- 7. Methodology 1. Robot models and IMM study 2. Exhibitions 3. Industry survey 4. Brain storming 5. Pneumatics and Electricals. 6. Design and material selection 7. Analysis 8. Design review and synthesis 9. Fabrication 10. Testing and results
- 8. Process flow in IMM :
- 9. Parts of Horizontal Injection moulding machine * Schematic of thermoplastic Injection molding machine
- 10. Arburg machine specifications : Clamp Tonnage / Machine Tie Bars Clearance HxV (mm) Injection Weight PS. g (oz) Min - Max Mould Height. (mm) Opening Stroke Max (mm) 25 Arburg 221 32 (1.13) 150 - 300 200 40 Kawaguchi 275 x 245 73 (2.57) 150 - 250 230 *55 Arburg 320 x 320 78 (2.5) min 225 350 *88 Arburg 370 x 370 89 (3.4) min 200 450 *110 Arburg 420 x 420 153 (5.9) min 250 575 125 Kawaguchi 435 x 375 226 (7.97) 180 - 400 355 140 Kawaguchi 435 x 375 260 (9.17) 180 - 400 355 175 Kawaguchi 445 x 445 372 (13.1) 250 - 450 400 *220 Sumitomo 610 x 560 532 (18.8) 250 - 580 510 265 Kawaguchi 550 x 550 649 (22.9) 200 - 550 500 *280 Sumitomo 685 x 635 733 (25.9) 300 - 620 580 300 Dongshin 685 x 580 970 (34.1) 300 - 680 600
- 11. Component with sprue Component without sprue
- 12. Proposed designs 1. Guide way cartesian model 2. Articulated type (scara,revolute) 3. Cartesian type 4. Swing arm type (vertical) 5. Swing arm type (horizontal)
- 13. Company survey : Sr. No. Company name Owner Design selection 01 Inplast moulding Vikas shah Swing vertical 02 Polycom Engg. Mr.Guggle Swing horizontal 03 Corvi polymers Usha Guggle Cartesian 04 Kiran vijay mangtani Kiran vijay mangtani Swing horizontal 05 Vinij productions Sanjay shah Swing horizontal 06 Deepak plastic Deepak Dsouza Cartesian 07 Macklon moulders 1 Nitin Shah Swing horizontal 08 Macklon moulders 2 Nitin Shah Swing horizontal 09 S. S Engineers S.P. Suryavani Articulated(scara) 10 Santapeth polymers V.D Magtani Cartesian 11 Nila ratnaparkhi Nila ratnaparkhi Swing vertical 12 Pooja plastic D.M Suryavani Articulated (scara) 13 Thermoplas Industry Ramesh bartake Swing horizontal 14 RLK shreeram plastic R.G Padtare Swing vertical
- 14. Types of products :
- 15. Robot Applications inside & outside the Mold Two Plate Mold Sprue Picking Only Sprue and Parts Removal Part Removal Sprue Picking with Part Dropping Sprue Picking with products connected Part removal with the sprue or without the sprue Simple Operation Taking out the Sprue from the mold and dropping it. ( Inside of the mold, Conveyor , Box ) Remove Parts, 90deg Rotation and Placing the parts ( Conveyor, Box)
- 16. Mounting Position of Robot Pick Operation Arm : Double arm or Single Arm Descent Position : Nozzle or Clamp Motion Style : U or L Operation : Vacuum, Chuck, Gripper
- 17. Robot case-study models : 1. Artic RSL 2. Yushin Hop 5 3. Sailor RX-8 4. Wittmann Battlefeld w702 5. Sepro S3 picker 6. Arburg integral picker 7. Phoenix
- 18. Exhibitions 1. Automation 2012 ,NSE Bombay 2. India Automation Technology Fair. We visited automation 2012 held at NSE Goregoan(east) on 7th & 8th September 2012 We visited IATF 2013 held at NSE Goregoan(east) on 2nd February 2013
- 19. Complete Process Chart Yes No Raw material (RM) for coloring and mixing Arrival of Raw materials & mould Mould on moulding machine using hoist RM feed to the Hopper Moulded components for finishing Sprue & defectives to granulator Component package and storage Dispatch of Component Start End Is product defective?
- 20. Catia model of Picker machine on fixed platten Drafted image
- 21. Cylinder selection Cylinder selection : Cylinder selection from Janatics Pneumatics catalogue through requirement of std stroke, bore and force. 3 A52 magentic cylinders and 1 A03 series male threaded cylinder for gripper. Dimensions and mechanisms of robot were finalized from cylinder selected. Swing Cylinder Stroke 50mm ,Diameter 25mm Kick Cylinder stroke 80mm ,Diameter 20mm Vertical cylinder stroke 160mm ,diameter 16mm Gripper cylinder stroke 20mm, diameter 16 mm.
- 22. Mechanisms 1. Quarter turn pulley 2. Power screw 3. Electric motor 4. Rack and pinion 5. Pneumatic 4 piston actuator 6. Spiral Bevel gear pair
- 23. Design considerations : We have used factor of safety of above 3 everywhere except in case of gear we have fos = 2.4 Our design is safe at 8 bar pressure. and gear pair fos is 1.2 at 8 bars. Solenoid valves can operate at max of 8 bar pressure All other pneumatic component can sustain 10 bar pressure.
- 24. Design innovations Mitre bevel gear eliminated the need for wrist rotation of gripper plus reduced 1 movement of vertical cylinder. Arc bracket provides rotation on either side. Self made slider from nylon on Aluminium was made. Gripper was developed from compact cylinder.
- 25. Analytical design and analysis Our calculations predict that each cylinder can retract or extend in 0.2 seconds so we retrict ourself to max. of 4 to 6 bar pressure operation. As cycle is to be completed in 8 seconds, 4 bar pressure is sufficient. We designed Mitre bevel gear from Design data book taking cylinder specs into account. From gear pair , Shaft was designed. Bearing selection was done then Column was checked for buckling analysis. Swivel motion arc bracket was made. Cantilever beam analysis for carriage ,then Mountings plus sliding chuck was designed. Strong foundation design and guideways for vertical cylinder were provided at last.
- 26. Design of assembly in CATIA Part drawing was done in CATIA V5 and then assembly was done. Material was applied appropriately and CG ,weight ,MI were calculated then. Drafting was done for mfg drawings to workshops.
- 27. Material selection : 1. Cast Iron It has good damping property and less density than steel but costly and not readily available. Density= 7250 kg/m^3. 2. Mild Steel It has compartively less damping but good welding characteristics and cheap plus readily available. Density= 7850 kg/m^3 3. Aluminium Light weight with hardness and stiffness. Easy riveting possible. Density = 2710 kg/m^3 4. Nylon For easy sliding of carriage , nylon or teflon was considered.
- 28. Ansys analysis Critical components like horizontal shaft, arc bracket , base plate were examined for static and dynamic failure. Fos was safe for design made.
- 29. Pneumatic circuit concept 1. Push button operated 2. Interlocking circuit using limit switch operation 3. Electro-pneumatic circuit using relays,reeds and solenoids. 4. Micro- controller based. 5. PLC based.
- 30. Pneumatic circuit working
- 31. Automation Studio 5.0 Pure pneumatic circuit was made in this software but electro pneumatic circuit was just developed but not simulated. Fluidsim and autosim (SMC) softwares were tried out.
- 32. Electro-pneumatic circuit : The sensing time of reed switch is 1 millisecond. Reeds operate at 24 V DC Solenoid valves operate at 24 V DC with 104 mA current. As relay logic and logic gates could not be built , we choose controller. So A micro controller 8052 was used taking sensors as inputs (8) and solenoids as output (8) . Reset function was provided in case of sudden stops. C programming successfully implemented the required logic on controller.
- 33. Gripper 1. Mechanical 2 finger gripper 2. Vaccum gripper 2 finger gripper had to be imported hence made a compact gripper from small double acting cylinder having one fixed jaw and other movable.
- 34. Habonim 4 piston actuator :
- 35. Robot Specifications 1.Payload : kg 2. Weight : 22.4 kg 3. Cost : 51,200 uptil now 4. Control method : Micro controller 5. Material : Mild steel for foundation, Aluminium for manipulator 6. Configuration : Semi- cylindrical (swing arm) 7. DOFs : 4 (3 cylinder + 1 gripper) 8. Actuator : Mitre bevel gear rotation using swing cylinder 9. Kick stroke : Linear nylon guide rail. 10. Vertical stroke : Gripper with guide way 11.M/c tonnage : 30 to 55 tons 12. Power supply : 24 V DC ,1 A 13. Air consumption : 14. Swing angle : 50 to 90 deg both sides. 15 .Max pressure: 6 bar 16. Working pressure: 2 to 4 bar 17. Overall cycle time : within 8 secs.
- 36. BOM 1 out of 4 bills Sr.
View more >