pleasanton ca homes for sale | pleasanton market update may 2015
out of 15
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Pleasanton CA Homes for Sale | Pleasanton Market Update May 2015
- 2. Pleasanton has been recognized as one of the wealthiest middle-sized cities in the nation. It is a community of highly educated individuals and boasts of an active workforce. It supports a growing business community of more than 4,000 companies.
- 3. The city of Pleasanton is also home to some of the outstanding public schools in the Bay area. Foothill High and Amador Valley High, both highly regarded high schools, are also located in Pleasanton.
- 4. This May, the real estate market in Pleasanton slowed down. The number of available homes for sale increased only by 12% as compared to 40% for the past two months. Pending and closed sales went up by half that rate, resulting to slightly more inventory relative to sales. The median sales dropped a little from the previous month. However, the prices remained strong and on average, homes still sold for more than their asking price.
- 5. By the end of May, the inventory of homes for sale in Pleasanton rose by 10 units. From last months 82 to 92 this time, showing a 12% gain. As compared to last year when 87 homes were actively listed, this months ending inventory was higher. The sales increased again this May but the rate of increase from April slowed again to 6%. This month, 93 sales went to contract. This is higher by 5 compared to April. At the same time last year, 82 sales went pending. This months closed sales stayed on the market for an average of 13 days, showing very little change from that of 14 days in April.
- 6. From $950,000 in April to $935,000 in May, the median sales price decline by 2% . This months median price was still higher as compared to May 2014s $926,000. The average price per square meter showed a 3% increase, from $461 in April to $477 in May. On the average, Pleasanton homes were sold for 102 of their list price in May, same as that of April.
- 7. The tables below give more details on the present market compared to prior periods, as well as a look at different market segments.
- 8. Sellers: This is the perfect time to be selling a home in Pleasanton. Sellers have the advantage now because there isnt enough inventory to meet the demand. The keys to getting your home sold are proper marketing and staging. Be ready to evaluate multiple offers and choose wisely among the many offers. To get the most value for your home, it is essential to be extremely familiar with the Pleasanton market.
- 9. Buyers: To get the home that you are looking for, you need to act as quickly as possible. Properties do not linger on the market for too long and the current norm are multiple offers. Aside from your own strength as a buyer, you also need to understand the current market so you will be in a strong position to act on new listings. In-depth knowledge of the Pleasanton market will also be helpful.
- 10. For more information on the Pleasanton real estate market, visit www.680Homes.com.
- 11. Are you looking for Pleasanton homes for sale or need help in selling your Pleasanton home? Call me, Doug Buenz, at (925) 621-0680. I specialize in real estate for sale in Pleasanton CA and the Tri-Valley. With my excellent track record of success, experience, marketing power, and expertise as a real estate agent in Pleasanton, I can provide you with unparalleled service in the real estate market. Contact me today! Id love to hear from you and see how I can help you buy or sell your Pleasanton CA home.
View more >