Post on 16-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPersonal Branding: How To Brand Your Talents To Further Your Career - from Jason Falls for the American Marketing Association Louisville, May 28, 2009
- 1. Personal Branding How do you brand your talentsto further your career? Jason FallsDoe-Anderson American Marketing Association Louisville, Ky. May 28, 2009
2. What well learn
- What is personal branding?
- Why is it important?
- How do you establish a personal brand?
- Whats the negative?
3. What is personal branding? 4. Why is it important?
- Helps You Get Jobs
- Helps You Get Clients/Customers
- Leads To Personal & Professional Opportunity
- Protects Your Reputation
5. How Do You Establish Yours?
- Discover Your Brand
- What sets you apart?
- What do you want to set you apart?
- What will make you happy
6. Activate Your Brand
- Social Profiles
- It All Leads To SERPs
7. How To Grow Your Brand
- Be Bold
- Be Nice
- Be Real
- Be Involved
- Be Available
- First 5 Pages of Google
- All but 5 entries on first 5pages of Yahoo
- Jason Falls Politician inNorth Carolina
- Jason Falls Movieblogger
- Damn Metallica bassplayer is clumsy
9. Network On- and Off-Line
- Fish Where The Fish Are
- Blogs of others in your field
- Local voices in your space
- Clients, Customers, Potential Employers
- Never Underestimate The Value Of Face-To-Face
- Professional Organizations
- Youre Always On
10. Whats The Negative?
- Keep Your Ego In Check
- Company vs. Personal Time
- Company vs. Personal Benefit
- Theres A Difference Between Empowerment And Power
- Your Brand Isnt The Only One
11. Consider The Company
- 2009 Deloitte Survey
- 60% of executives say they have right to know
- 53% of employees say social networking not an employers concern.
- 30% never consider what their boss or customers think before posting
- 74% believe activity make it easier to damage a companys reputation
- Only 17% of executives have a monitoring and mitigating program
- Only 24% have formal guidelines for the use of social media
12. Lets Connect Jason Falls VP, Director of Interactive & On-Line Communications Doe-Anderson Louisville, Ky. [email_address] Twitter: @JasonFalls O: 502.815.3257 www.socialmediaexplorer.com Theme images from SXCH.HU