penny stocks to buy in a volatile market
Click here to load reader
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Penny Stock Research Penny Stocks To Buy In A Volatile Market
- 2. Welcome to Penny Stock Research. Every day we bring you the unbiased truth about Penny Stocks. For more information on penny stocks please visit our website PennyStockResearch.com
- 3. Get Your Free Report On Penny Stocks! Well tell you about this Special Offer at the end of the video!
- 4. Hi, My name is Aaron and Im with Penny Stock Research, today were reviewing our recently published article
- 5. Penny Stocks To Buy In A Volatile Market
- 6. Penny Stocks To Buy In A Volatile Market For the first time in 2015, were dealing with some real, sustained market volatility. This isnt your garden variety volatility either. There has been real fear among investors.
- 7. And its very obviously taken a toll on US stocks. For instance, the S&P 500 has dropped 7.5% over the last month, and is 10% below the 52-week high. The benchmark stock index is also down 5.5% for the year.
- 8. So how about penny stocks? How have they handled the selloff? Well, the closest thing we have to a penny stock indicator is the Russell 2000. Its a popular index made up of small cap stocks.
- 9. As you may have guessed, the Russell 2000 has also sold off lately. Heres a link to the Russell 2000 fact sheet for those interest in learning more.
- 10. However something has happened during this selloff which is out of the ordinary. In a surprising twist, the Russell has actually outperformed the S&P 500 this year! Heres the chart:
- 11. The chart above is a direct comparison between the S&P 500 (SPX) and the Russell 2000 (RUT) overlaid on top of each other. The SPX is in red and RUT is in blue.
- 12. As you can see SPX clearly sold off more sharply than RUT during the steep drop. Moreover, the Russell 2000 has recovered more than the S&P 500 so far.
- 13. The small cap index is down 4.9%, a full half percent less than the SPX has dropped.
- 14. So what does this tell us about penny stocks?
- 15. Basically, this shows us that investors were worried about the market in general and not about individual stocks. More likely, the selling was position/portfolio based, and not based on industries or sectors.
- 16. Moreover, it shows that value investors are still seeking value stocks. Keep in mind, penny stocks (due to how cheap they are) are often targets for value investors. Clearly, this is good news for penny stock buyers like us.
- 17. So then, what are the best penny stocks to buy in this kind of market?
- 18. Well, to understand what the best stocks are to buy, we need to first understand the problem. In other words, why did we sell off to begin with? In a nutshell, the reason is China.
- 19. Or more specifically, its due to the implosion of the Chinese economy. You see, China is the second largest economy in the world. Its been a massive consumer of global goods, especially raw materials.
- 20. Theres a reason why commodity prices have collapsed lately Chinas demand for them has slowed considerably. So the first obvious point is to avoid raw materials or commodity stocks.
- 21. Among penny stocks that includes gold and precious metal miners and oil/gas drillers. On the other hand, the US economy is doing quite well.
- 22. US consumers are still spending money. And the unemployment rate has dropped substantially. Whats that mean?
- 23. It means that US-based stocks, with mostly US based customers, should be fine moving forward. Among typical penny stock companies, it would include retail and tech companies.
- 24. There should be a fair amount of choices out there if you do your research. Remember, big selloffs can be excellent opportunities to find good companies on the cheap (particularly penny stocks).
- 25. Just make sure you do your research, and dont jump blindly into penny stock investing without a plan. As always, if you have a question about a stock or investment idea, shoot us an email or leave us a comment on the website.
- 26. Want More from Penny Stock Research? Follow us on Social Media
- 27. Want more FREE information on Penny Stocks? PennyStockResearch.com Get Your FREE Report Now
- 28. Penny Stocks Exposed Click Here READ THIS FREE REPORT! Three Huge Mistakes That Can Cost You All Your Money!