peace corps training at job fair on how to use linkedin
out of 28
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONOverview on how to strengthen your profile, grow your network and find a job on LinkedIn.
- Top 3 Tips For Job Seekers
- What is LinkedIn? 300M+Members across the globe LinkedIn is the worlds largest professional network 86% of Fortune 100 companies use LinkedIn Talent Solutions to hire
- Strengthen Your Professional Brand Build & Leverage Your Network Find & Apply for Your Dream Job Top 3 Tips for Job Seekers 3
- Strengthen Your Professional Brand
- 5 1 Optimize Your Profile 2 Highlight Your Experience and Expertise 3 Get Recommended Three easy steps to build your brand
- 6 Your Profile: The best profiles are complete & dynamic
- 7 Profile: Aphoto and headline help make a great first impression Develop a headline as your professional tagline Adding a photo makes your profile 7x more likely to be viewed Customize your URL for easy access
- 8 Profile:Aplace to showcase your goals & accomplishments The summary is your elevator pitch: Describe your skills, what youre passionate about, and what youre looking for *Hint: Keywords matter! Tell people where youre coming from & what youve accomplished
- 41% of Hiring Managers consider volunteer experience equally as valuable as professional experience 9 Profile: Dont forget to include your volunteer experience!
- Profile: Get endorsed for your skills & expertise 10 Adding skills and expertise also helps you show up in relevant searches!
- Profile: Ask for recommendations that add credibility and flavor Tips for getting strong recommendations: Make a soft ask of former professors, colleagues, clients Remind them of your past projects and accomplishments Recommendations should showcase a diverse set of skills & strengths 11
- Build and Leverage Your Network
- 13 1 Add Your Current Contacts (>50!) 2 Make New Connections 3 Get Into the Conversation Build your network strategically
- 14 Network:Add your current contacts as your foundational network
- 15 Network: Check out the people you may know who are already on LinkedIn
- 16 Network: Request introductions to second degree connections
- 17 Engage: Follow companies to get real-time updates -- and on their radar
- 18 Engage: Get access to new communities by joining groups & following influencers If youre not sure which Influencers to follow click on All Channels. You can choose who you want to follow based on categories like Social Impact or Big Ideas & Innovation.
- Engage: Get into the conversation by sharing and commenting on interesting content 19
- Find & Apply for Your Dream Job
- 21 1 Find Open Opportunities 3 Apply for a Job Use your network to be an informed, connected candidate 2 Learn More
- 22 Jobs: Find the right opportunities for you with advanced search
- 23 Jobs: Get an inside edge by leveraging your connections 70% of jobs come through networking
- 24 Jobs:Apply easily online
- Create a complete profile Connect with at least 50 contacts Are you ready? Heres your checklist! Follow at least 3 Company Pages, 3 Groups and 3 Influencers Allocate 5-10 minutes a day to scroll through, share and comment on content on your Homepage Search for and save interesting job postings Apply for a job online! 25
- ? 26
- Peace Corps and LinkedIn # of LinkedIn Members who have Peace Corps on their profile: # who live in bay Area: # who have signaled they want to join a nonprofit board or do skilled volunteer:
View more >