paul's privilege ephesians 3
out of 26
Post on 12-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. The Apostle Pauls Privilege Ephesians Chapter 3:1-13 Island Glades Gospel Centre 31st May 2015 1
- 2. 2 INTRODUCTION When man sinned, God was not Taken by surprise. Christianity is not merely about The salvation of sinners & the forgiveness of sin. It is much more than a rescue or recovery mission.
- 3. 3 REVIEW of Chapter 1 - 2 Gods People, the Church has a Heavenly Calling 1)Our salvation is founded upon God Himself Predestination - by the Father Redemption - by the Son Sealing - by the Spirit
- 4. 4 2) GODS POWER 2.1) Manifested in Christ (1:19-23) Resurrection Ascension Exaltation
- 5. 5 2.2) Manifested in the Believers Spiritual resurrection 2:1-5 Spiritual ascension v.6 Power to do good works & Show forth Gods grace throughout eternity v.7-10
- 6. 6 2.3) Manifested to all Believers (2:11-22) The Gentiles (v. 11-13) The Church of God (v. 19-22)
- 7. SUMMARY Our Blessings & Position before God in Christ 7 CHAPTER 1 Chosen (v.4) Sanctified (v.4) Adopted (v.5) Accepted (v.6) Redeemed (v.7) Forgiven (v.7) Enriched (v.8) Enlightened (v.9) Sealed (v.13) CHAPTER 2 Made Alive (v.1) Exalted (v.6) Consecrated (v.10) Reconciled (v.16) United (v.21)
- 8. 8 Eph.3:1-7 (RSV) For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles2 assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of Gods grace that was given to me for you, 3 how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. 4 When you read this you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ,
- 9. 9 5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 that is, how the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. 7 Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of Gods grace which was given me by the working of his power.
- 10. 10 3) Pauls Privilege V.1 - I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles. V.23 .mystery was made known by revelation. V. 78 I was made a minister Mystery Revealed Ministry Entrusted
- 11. 11 3.1) The Mystery made Known to Paul (v.16) The mystery is about how the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, & partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel
- 12. . 12 3.2) The Ministry entrusted to Paul (v.713) Mystery Ministry Low position of a sinner, But high calling of God in Christ
- 13. 13
- 14. 14 Paul elaborated his ministry : a) Making known Christs riches to the Gentiles v.8 All revealed truth is held in stewardship. It is given to be shared, not to be kept to ourselves.
- 15. 15 b) Making known the mystery to all men (v.9) the prince of darkness holds men & women in darkness, and only by divine enlightenment will their eyes be opened to see God.
- 16. 16 c. Making known Gods wisdom to the Cosmic Powers (v.10) 10 that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the principalities & powers in the heavenly places.
- 17. 17 What does that mean? The creation of the church is like a great drama, presented by God who is the author & director. Christians are the actors & actresses. Who are the audience? They are the cosmic beings, the principalities & powers in the heavenly places.
- 18. Method of Gods Communication 18 Gods Revelation Paul & Believers Proclamation Church Visual Model Angelic Beings
- 19. 19 Major Lesson The Church has a central place In His plan Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. (Eph.5:25)
- 20. a) The Church is central to history God is the Lord of all the nations of the world, yet there is a covenant people, His new creation. His Everlasting Promise: I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 20
- 21. b) The Church is Central to the Gospel 21
- 22. 22 c) The Church is Central to Christian Living Serving & strengthening one another so that the church may grow & reach out to others. Live our lives pleasing to God to reflect His light & purpose in this darkened world. Gods church is His family & His dwelling place seeking to worship Him building a caring fellowship reaching out faithfully to unbelievers
- 23. 23 Conclusion 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lords holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledgethat you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
- 24. 24
- 25. 25
- 26. 26 Gods Blessings Be With You
View more >