october 2018 - brigham young university¢â‚¬â€œidaho financial...
Post on 22-Aug-2020
Embed Size (px)
© 2018 Brigham Young University-Idaho 0
Workday Financial Management October 2018
© 2018 Brigham Young University-Idaho 1
What are the benefits?
• Increase visibility for leadership, employees, and departments
• Manage processes and workflows more efficiently
• Unify (”Power of One”) through an integrated system
• Enhance internal controls to ensure compliance, security, and efficiency
• Provide mobility (mobile friendly) and flexibility for all users
• Transform most paper processes to online processes
Workday Financial Management will be implemented and available to BYU-Idaho employees on January 1, 2019.
© 2018 Brigham Young University-Idaho 2
What is the project timeline?
Go Live: January 1, 2019
© 2018 Brigham Young University-Idaho 3
Will there be communication and training resources available?
General Communication & Marketing Campaign - Currently underway • Communication Toolbox • Targeted messaging • Visually branded promotional pieces • Workday website
BYU-Idaho Workday website (www.byui.edu/workday) Currently available (key materials coming in Nov) • Newsroom • Training Resources (video tutorials, self-help guides, FAQs, terminology guide) • Timeline, project update, and other resources
Training Resources - Available mid-November • Virtual Training Sessions – Available for all employees (attend live or watch recorded) • Departmental Training Sessions – A Workday team will join Departments for general training (if desired) • Group Trainings – Employees will have an opportunity to participate in large group training • One-on-one Training Sessions – Employees who desire personal training sessions to get up-to-speed
© 2018 Brigham Young University-Idaho 4
What will the changes be to systems or processes?
• Nov 01 – Purchase Requisitions unavailable until January 1, 2019
• Dec 21 – Purchasing and travel cards (new purchasing cards will be distributed and old cards will be unusable)
• Dec 21 – Travel application/request/authorizations will be on hold for a time
• Dec (mid-late) – Workday HR/Payroll (time tracking, student job portal, etc.) will be inaccessible
• Dec (late) – All financial-related systems will be unavailable for a time
• TBD – Cashnet temporarily unavailable
• TBD – Funds request application
• TBD – Fixed assets application
• TBD – I-Series G.U.I. journal entry program
• Account numbers will be changing
Over the next few months, there will be downtime to key systems and pauses in key processes that may impact your day-to-day operations. The downtime and pauses are necessary to prepare for the implementation.
© 2018 Brigham Young University-Idaho 5
Contact the Workday Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit www.byui.edu/workday
© 2018 Brigham Young University-Idaho 6