"northumbria university: research and the city" by d.greenwood, northumbria university
out of 7
Post on 07-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONFor more information about the Informed Cities initiative visit http://informed-cities.iclei-europe.org or join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InformedCities
- 1. Northumbria University:Research and the City Dave GreenwoodSchool of the Built Environment
- 2. Northumbria University School of Applied Sciences School of Arts and Social Sciences School of Built Environment School of Computing, Engineering & Information Sciences School of Design School of Health, Community & Education Studies School of Psychology & Sport Sciences Newcastle Business School Northumbria Law School
- 3. A selection of collaborative projectsSchool of Applied Sciences Workplace Health Promotion (Nutrition), PEANuT (Participatory Evaluation and Appraisal in Newcastle upon Tyne) and Centre for Environmental and Spatial Analysis (CESA) with Newcastle City CouncilSchool of Arts & Tackling Social Inclusion (CONNECTIONS) withSocial Sciences Newcastle City CouncilSchool Eco-Neighbourhood Project with Newcastle City Councilof the Built Environment and Newcastle University; Projects with the Institute for Local Governance (ILG) and the Regional Improvement and Efficiency Partnership (RIEP); Virtual Newcastle-Gateshead with Newcastle & Gateshead City Councils; GeothermalPlus Ltd with Newcastle UniversityNewcastle Business School Corporate Development with Northumberland Strategic Partnership, Northumberland County Council , Gateshead Council, Durham City Council, North East Consortium of District Councils.
- 4. School of the Built Environment Construction & Property Management Regeneration & Conservation Sustainable Development Visualisation, Simulation and Modelling SCRI
- 5. Eco-Neighbourhoods projectWho? Collaboration between Newcastle & Northumbria Universitiesand Newcastle CityWhere? Arthurs Hill, Cruddas Park, Rye Hill and ElswickWhat? opportunities/barriers to developing low-carbon neighbourhoodsHow? 12 months (initially) : - working group; exemplars; reviews; mapping and surveying; meetings; continuation .Who with? Key Stakeholders
- 6. Virtual NewcastleGateshead (VNG) is an accurate 3-d computer model of the two townscapes, managed by a 3-way partnership and hosted by the University with remote, secure access by the Councils it offers: planning and development, GIS integration, tourism and heritage applications. synergies with: energy simulation, BIM interoperability, pedestrian and traffic simulation, city and subway climatology, cognitive psychology and human response. a pioneering initiative that will raise the profile of the North East at an international level, creating interest on a global scale.
View more >