nirmaan bits pilani
Post on 18-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- HR - PR, Techno and Finance
2. www.nirmaan.org Education Employment Education Employment Empowerment Started in 2005 as My India, Registered in 2007 as an NPO, NIRMAAN 3.
- Vision : To impart value based education to the under privileged.
- Evening School for kids in the vicinity of the campus
- Village Libraries in two villages Raila & Dhandar
- Pilani Resource Centre for Community Development NIRMAAN, READ INDIA and PRATHAM
- Child Labour Eradication On Campus
- Vision : To form a self sustained cluster of schools and exposing the students to new opportunities through various events.
- A Cluster of 5 Government Aided Schools has been formed
- Events :
- Inter School Quiz(5 schools)
- Inter School Sports Competition(257 students, 6 schools)
- Teachers Workshop(60 teachers, 5 schools)
- Utkarsh Scholarship Programme
- Vision : To Transform Rural Government Schools into Model Schools in 3yrs through emphasis on Performance and Infrastructure.
- Weekly Activities to Enhance Performance
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Teacher Training Programs and Collaborations Aid India, Azim Premji Foundation
- Student Development Committee
- Parent Teacher Meetings
8. Name: Primary Government School Address: Bhaas, Jhunjhunu District, Rajasthan Classes Range: 1-5 Number of Students: 114 Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1Adopted Since: February, 2008 Name: Upper Primary Government School Address: Near Hanuman Mandir, Khedla, Jhunjhunu District, Rajasthan Classes Range: 1-8 Number of Students: 93 Student:Teacher Ratio: 9:1Adopted Since: September, 2009 9. BHAAS GovernmentPrimary School Hard Infrastructure Current Status Action Taken Classrooms 3 classrooms for 5 classesInadequate Renovation estimated Chairs and Tables Sufficient in number --------Water Supply No provision for Drinking Water Pipeline Connection facilitated to supply clean drinking water Fans No Power Supply Facilitated Electricity Connection and Fans installedGames equipment Sufficient -------- Notebooks & Stationery Not available with certain students All studentshave been provided notebooks and stationery Uniforms No proper uniformsDistributed Sweaters 10. KHEDLA Government Upper Primary School Hard Infrastructure Previous Status Action Taken Classrooms Adequate, One for each class ------- Chairs and Tables No Writing Benches Writing Benches for all classes To be made available in April Fans Not available(no power supply) Electricity Supply and Fans connections facilitated Games equipments LackingFootball, Volleyball, Skipping Ropes, Cricket Kits etc. have been provided Library 100 books in the staffroom cupboard A library room with issuing facility(500 books) is in place Notebooks Not available with certain students All studentshave been provided sufficient notebooks Uniforms Available with all students---- Computer Lab Facility Lacking To be made available 11. 12.
- Rural Employment Incubator
- Vision : To formulate and
- implement sustainable
- business plans which
- create employment
- opportunities to the rural
- Pilot Projects
- Bio Gas Plant
- Village Employment Cell
- Vision :To create a platform for the rural women to earn a livelihood by forming a self sustainable group which through self help and mutual help prepare products and market them.
- Basic Approach
- Sustenance of the Project
- Problems Faced
- Social Problems
14. InvestmentMachines Seed Capital Year Product Quantity Product Cost price Revenue generated Profits /loss generated ExpenditureLabourCharges2007 53 3018 2940 -78 1500 2080 2008 76 11574 8755 -2819 6504 3080 2009 107 15141 16599 1458 3936 4095 15. 16.
- India Quiz : India Quiz is a quiz designed and conceptualized to test participants' India quotient.
- It is one of the foremost quizzing competitions of BITS, Pilani.
- DHITI :TECHNOLOGY REACHING ITS DESTINY
- DHITI is an attempt to use our knowledge and innovation for the needy and poor.
- Implementation Phase
- INTEGRATED SOLAR HEATER AND REFRIGERATOR
- SOLAR REFRIGERATING DEVICE
- Organizational Requirements
- Media for Professors and Students
- Work Culture, Ethics and Bonding
- On Campus and Off Campus Promotion
- Website Maintenance (Intra and Internet)
- Financial Discipline
- Fund Raising
- Budget Allocation
- Transparency and Accountability
- Village Libraries
- Adopted 2 Govt Schools
- Created a Cluster of Govt Aided Schools
- Pilani Resource Centre
- Established 2 self-sustained SHGs
- Sustaining the Organization -110 members
- 1200 student donors in Bits-Pilani
- Awareness on Campus Community
- 8 chapters, 500 members
- Operation Sahaaya
- Social Leaders and Entrepreneurs
- National Social Entrepreneurship Forum
- Scholarship Programme
- CSR wings collaborations
- Education Infoline
- Any Questions?
- Thank You