myth mash up the avengers compared to mythological gods and heroes
out of 45
Post on 28-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWorld mythology. Comparison of heroes and gods of world mythology to Avengers characters.
- 1. AVENGERS MYTHOLOGY MASH-UP
- 2. Nick Fury
- 3. ARCHETYPE: MENTOR & HERALD
- 4. Horus, Odin,
- 5. Quote 'These people may be isolated, unbalanced, but I believe they could be exactly what we need.' Nick Fury
- 6. The Threat
- 7. Leviathan
- 8. Jormundgandr
- 9. Yamato no Orochi Defeated by the storm god Susanoo
- 10. Hulk
- 11. ARCHETYPE: THE SHAPESHIFTER
- 12. Enkidu Wild man from Gilgamesh Strong and violent. Like the Hulk Enkidu needs other people to calm him down. Enkidu
- 13. Hercules Driven mad by Hera, Hercules killed his wife and children when he wasnt in his right mind. His 12 labors were a penance.
- 14. Iron Man
- 15. ARCHETYPE: THE VISIONARY THE INVENTOR
- 16. Lugh Celtic god of sun and light. Multi-skilled as a smith, craftsman, poet, musician, swordsman, champion, historian.
- 17. Daedalus Greek inventor. Creative, smart, prideful.
- 18. Hephaestus Greek god of craftsmen. Made all the weapons for the Olympians.
- 19. Captain America
- 20. Archetype: The Hero
- 21. Perseus Greek hero. Courageous, humble, responsible. Killed Medusa, rescued Andromeda.
- 22. Rama Indian hero of Ramayana. Considered idea man. Banished from his life for fourteen years. Becomes archetypical hero as he journeys into unknown. Morally upright.
- 23. Thor
- 24. Archetype: god, Dragon slayer
- 25. Jupiter/Zeus Roman/Greek gods of thunder and lightning. Zeus opposes Typhon who has serpent-like qualities.
- 26. Marduk Babylonian God who rides a storm-drawn chariot and defeats Tiamet and her offspring, dragons and snakes.
- 27. Indra Hindu God of storms. Wields a lightning bolt. Fights a giant snake. Like Thor, Indra has more human characteristics than most gods in his pantheon.
- 28. Hawkeye
- 29. ARCHETYPE: SOLDIER
- 30. Hou Yi Chinese Archer so skilled he could shoot down the extra suns from the sky. Skilled mortal, warrior without superpowers.
- 31. Apollo God of archery. Also known as a protector from evil.
- 32. Black Widow
- 33. ARCHETYPE: FEMALE WARRIOR
- 34. Mulan Legendary Chinese female warrior. Smart. Battle savvy.
- 35. Artemis Greek goddess of the hunt. Independent, fierce, athletic, introverted. Plagued with regret because she was responsible for the death of Orion, the only one she ever loved.
- 36. Lagertha Danish Viking shield maiden with a reputation for being a fierce warrior. Sometimes credited with the ability to fly like a Valkyrie
- 37. Loki
- 38. ARCHETYPE: THE TRICKSTER
- 39. Heyoka Native American trickster challenges taboos, rules, regulations, social norms, and boundaries.
- 40. Eshu West African trickster god known for the ability to time travel, shapeshift. Had power over fortune and misfortune. Personification of death.
- 41. Apep Egyptian god, depicted as a snake, known as The Destroyer and Eater of Souls. Brought chaos.
- 42. Lucifer/Satan Hebrew fallen angel. Rebellious, resentful, desires power. The Accuser: Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC!
- 43. Freedom I am Loki, of Asgard. And I am burdened with glorious purpose. Kneel! Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel. - Not to men like you There are no men like me - - There are always men like you Is it significant that these words were spoken in Germany? What do you think about this idea that we were made to be ruled? Is there a way to be ruled yet be
View more >