must read books for mountain bikers
out of 13
Post on 08-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThese are the top 10 books you need to read if you are interested in mountain biking. These books contain information on how to work on your mountain bike, riding techniques, and how to train for mountain bike riding. Read the original article on OldGloryMTB.com with links to buy the books in this presentation.
- 10 MUST READBOOKS FORMOUNTAINBIKERSPresented by:OldGloryMTB.com
- IVE READ QUITE A FEWMOUNTAIN BIKE BOOKSOVER THE YEARS.THERE IS A LOT OF GREAT KNOWLEDGE OUT THERE TOBETTER PREPARE YOU FOR RACING, REPAIR AND MAINTAINYOUR BIKE, AS WELL AS SHOW YOU NEW SKILLS TO WORKON.IM GOING TO SHARE WITH YOU A SELECTION OF MYFAVORITE MOUNTAIN BIKE BOOKS. SOME OF THESEBOOKS ARE NEWER AND SOME ARE CLASSICS.
- Mountain Bike Master:Essential Skills and AdvancedTechniques Made Easy"Do you dream of whoosingdown tight, technical single-track with ease or expertlybunny hopping over deadfall?Well, stop dreaming,Mountain Bike Technique willhelp you master basic off-road moves, so you canperfect your riding technique.Veteran mountain bike authorSteve Jones explains why andhow his technique works andoffers a wealth of importantinformation, including: Howto perfect the art of braking;how to navigate differentterrain such as sand, rock, andmud; and the secret"
- Mountain Bike MagazinesComplete Guide To MountainBiking SkillsFrom breaking to bunny hopping,speed jumping to switchbacks-- hereare the skills you need to catch big airand experience the best of off-roadriding.* Selecting the right rig for you andyour budget.* Step-by-step drills for clearingobstacles, popping wheelies and more.* How to hammer it and ride fasterthan you ever thought possible.* Seven ways to stay alive by avoidingface plants, biffs and other crashlandings.* All-weather strategies for plowingthrough mud, rain and snow.* Pro advice on entering your first off-road race.* Riding responsibly to save the trails.* Planning the perfect tour andenjoying a fat-tire vacation.* Tons more practical info for aspiringand die-hard dirtheads.
- Mastering Mountain BikeSkillsMastering Mountain Bike Skills isyour guide for riding better, fasterand more confidently on allterrain. World champion racerBrian Lopes and renowned coachLee McCormack provide you withall of the key techniques and skillsyoull need to take your ride tothe next level.This new and improved edition ofMastering Mountain Bike Skillsprovides detailed, technicalinstruction for every mountainbiking discipline: Trail Gravity Aggro Racing and more
- The Mountain BikersTraining BibleJoe Friel has a masters degree inexercise science and has trainedendurance athletes since 1980.His clients include elite amateurand professional road cyclists,mountain bikers, and triathletesand duathletes. His clients haveincluded national champions,world championship competitors,and an Olympian.Mountain biking presents uniquechallenges, and noted expert JoeFriel addresses them all in hislatest book. Covering every aspectof training, he helps ridersmaximize their experience andminimize problems.
- Bicycling MagazinesComplete Guide to BicycleMaintenance and Repair forRoad and Mountain BikesInside are thousands of tips to repair andmaintain any road or mountain bike.Whether its the latest model or a classicthat has thousands of miles on it,beginners or experienced riders can keeptheir bikes on the road longer and spendless time in the repair shop. With thisultimate repair manual:* Build a dream bike workshop withcomplete plans and comprehensive toollists* Wow ride partners with tricks for fixingbreakdowns with a minimum of tools* Roll wheel hoops and save time andmoney* Dial in suspension shocks forcomfortable rides* Discover top tricks from professionalmechanics* Expertly work on any style of brakes,including the V-Brake* Overhaul freewheels and cassettes forpeak performance* Service clipless pedals for maximumsafety
- Just Ride: A RadicallyPractical Guide to RidingYour BikeIn 87 short, two-to-three pagechapters, it covers: Riding: Count Days, Not Miles;Corner Like Jackie Robinson; Steer withYour Hips, Shift with Your Legs Suiting Up: The Shoes Ruse;Ponchosthe Ultimate UnracersGarment Safety: #1 RuleBe Seen; HelmetsArent All Theyre Cracked Up to Be Health and Fitness: Why Riding IsLousy All-Around Exercise; SaddlesDont Cause Impotence; Drink WhenYoure ThirstyNot BeforeAlso includes chapters on Accessories,Upkeep, and Technicalities as well as afinal chapter titled Velosophy thatincludes the essential, memorablethought: Your Bike Is a ToyHave Funwith It.
- Essential BicycleMaintenance & RepairEssential Bicycle Maintenance & Repairprovides simple step-by-step instructions,accompanied by up-close photos,illustrations, and advice, for more than100 repairs. Youll learn these skills andmore: Adjust derailleurs and troubleshootshifting problems. True your wheels and tweak your hubsfor a silky-smooth ride. Install caliper, cantilever, or V-brakes. Repair a broken chain on the roadside. Fix flats in no time flat. Maintain pedals and cleats forefficiency and comfort. Install or adjust a headset. Install handlebars, including aero barsand flat bars. Adjust your saddle for a perfect fit. Determine if a triple crankset is right foryou.
- The Mountain Bike SkillsManual: Fitness and Skills forEvery RiderEngagingly written by a trueveteran, The Mountain Bike SkillsManual also features numerousstunning full-color photos of step-by-step biking trick shots. It is amust for beginner to intermediatemountain bikers.The Mountain Bike Skills Manualis the ideal all-aroundintroduction to the sport,covering the history of mountainbiking from the 1970s to thepresent day; cross-country riding,including where to ride andfacilities; competitions, core skillsand techniques; the lowdown onall the available equipment; andhow mountain biking will developin the future.
- Zinn & the Art of MountainBike MaintenanceZinn & the Art of Mountain BikeMaintenance is the worlds best-selling book on mountain bikemaintenance and repair. Thissmartly organized and clearlyillustrated guidenow in twocolors for easier referencecanmake a bike mechanic out ofanyone.Lennard Zinns expert advicemakes quick work of mountainbike repair. Newcomers andexperienced mechanics alike willbenefit from the hundreds ofillustrations, the exploded viewsof how components go together,and Zinns practical, time-savingtips. Zinns friendly advice andyears of experience make tacklingeven the most daunting task funand easy.
- Bike Repair & MaintenanceFor DummiesBy coupling step-by-step instructions anddetailed photos and illustrations, BikeRepair & Maintenance For Dummies givesreaders the information they need tokeep their bikes in working order, oftenwithout taking it to the shop.Get to know your bike understand itsparts and how they work togetherSet up your repair area assess yourspace and stock up on the tools of thetradeHandle common bike repairs from tiresto wheels, from brakes to the chain, getyour hands dirty with routine repairproceduresGo beyond the basics tackle advancedrepairs involving the frame andsuspension, pedals, and shifting andsteering systemsKeep your bike wheeling along perform preventive maintenance andannual tune-ups to keep your bike ingood working orderGuarantee a great ride from adjustingthe handlebars to checking tire pressure,know the steps to take before you ride
- HOPEFULLY YOU FOUNDSOME BOOKS DURINGTHIS PRESENTATION THATYOU FEEL WILL HELP YOUWITH YOUR RIDING ANDBIKE REPAIRS.THE FULL ARTICLE CAN BE FOUND AT:OLDGLORYMTB.COM/SUGGESTED-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-BOOKS
View more >
‘Do The Ride Thing’ guide - Mountain Biking in is important that mountain bikers act responsibly. By respecting ... DO THE RIDE THING A Guide to Responsible Mountain Biking in Scotland
In Defense of Mountain Biking Ontario Trails like Kolapore A Guide to the Mountain Bikers Code of Accountability for Your Own Actions and Riding Within
MOUNTAIN BIKE COMMUNITY PROFILE for the Central BIKE COMMUNITY PROFILE for the Central Okanagan . ... Mountain Bike Community Profile ... local mountain bikers,
Riverside County R.O.V.E. – OHV Map - Riverside County ... and dunebuggy riders, hunters, fisherman, backpackers, hikers, campers, mountain bikers, and equestrians