out of 27
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Higher Education in Engineering : R oadmap for the Future
- Technicians and Technologists who work in the engineering field have many different activities that they perform.
- Technician level education and training is usually a four year fulltime program, or slightly longer .
- A student who likes Engineering should have-
- Likes observing, learning and analyzing, and might appear quiet and pensive in class.
- Likes strategy games: chess, checkers, computer games
- Is good at and likes math - enjoys math problems
- Is a problem solver - enjoys the challenge
- Is good at fixing things - enjoys pulling things apart and seeing how they work
- Likes working on cars, motor cycles, bikes, vacuum cleaners, sewing machines, etc.
- Likes being out-of-doors, hiking or backpacking or doing athletic things
- Likes working with tools and building things
- Applying the theories and principles of science and mathematics to the solution of problems...
- Designing everything from computers and industrial machinery to cars and security systems, in addition to bridges, buildings and ships...
- Often their work is the link between a scientific discovery and its application.
- 7. What is the study route for Engineering?
- 8. Branches of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Electrical Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Textile Chemistry
- Textile Technology
- 9. Education in India Some Prominent Entrance Examinations for Under-graduate courses
- IIT-JEE: Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination
- AIEEE: All India Engineering Entrance Examination
- MH-CET: Maharashtra Common Entrance Test - Engineering
- UPSEAT: Uttar Pradesh State Engineering Admission Test
- CEE: Combined Entrance Examination [Delhi University]
- TNPCEE: Tamil Nadu Professional Course Entrance Exam
- RPET : Rajasthan Pre Engineering Entrance Test
- 10. Top 10 Colleges for Engineering Education in India
- IIT, Delhi
- IIT, Kanpur
- IIT, Mumbai
- IIT, Chennai
- IIT, Roorkee
- IIT, Guwahati
- Delhi College of Engineering
- NIT Karnataka, Surathkal
- Institute of Technology, BHU
- NIT, Warangal
- 11. Top Engineering Colleges in North Source: India Today-AC Nielson-ORG Marg Survey, June, 2006
- 12. Top Engineering Colleges in South Source: India Today-AC Nielson-ORG Marg Survey, June, 2006
- 13. Top Engineering Colleges in East Top Engineering Colleges in West Source: India Today-AC Nielson-ORG Marg Survey, June, 2006 Name of the Institute IIT Kharagpur IIT Guwahati IIT Roorkee NIT Rourkela Jadavpur University, Kolkatta Name of the Institute IIT Mumbai Government College of Engineering, Pune Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Bombay Bharatiya Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering, Bombay
- 14. Some other prominent colleges IIT-Delhi, VJTI- Mumbai, Anna University-Chennai are some other prominent colleges one can pursue engineering education from. The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) have been ranked the third best technology universities in the world for 2005 in a survey report put forth by Times Higher education Supplement. Source: Times Higher Education Supplement (THES) Education in India
- 15. Some Prominent Entrance Examinations for Post Graduation courses
- GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering
- 16. What is the criterion for selecting a good educational institute?
- While selecting an educational institute, one must carefully consider the following factors:
- The quality of training imparted.
- The reputation of the institution.
- The type of companies that come for on-campus recruitment.
- Also, collect the relevant information regarding the criteria for admission in the selected institute and start preparing accordingly.
- Whos hiring?
- Construction Firms
- Consulting Firms
- Engineering Services
- Semiconductor/Electronics firms
- Software Company
- At the same time...
- The demand will increase
- The supply of engineering graduates is declining, and will continue to decline
- 19. Why study IT? Expected Growth The revenue across India's booming offshore IT software and services industry grew by 33 per cent over the last year, hitting a new high of US$13.3 billion According to Kiran Karnik, president, NASSCOM, this continued level of growth would put India's offshore outsourcing industry on target to hit revenues of US$ 60 billion by 2010. A separate report by Everest (Research firm) claimed that India would maintain its low-cost IT skills advantage in the offshore outsourcing market for at least another 30 years .
- 20. Source: The Times Higher Education Supplement [UK] The World's Top 10 Technology Universities
- 21. Tracing the Career path of a IT Professional. This career path has been designed from the inputs received from professionals in the industry. Software Networking ERP Database
- 22. Salaries offered to IT Graduates and Post Graduates - India A survey conducted on companies like Infosys, TCS, Satyam, Wipro Technologies, HCL, Accenture and IBM Daksh, shows the average earnings in IT and ITES/BPO industry at different levels. (Figures are gross monthly salaries in Rs.) (Source- BW Gallup Survey, 2006)
- 23. Who are the potential employers?
View more >