Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation file BSc Finance Presentaion
Post on 18-Jan-2015
- 1. B.Sc. Finance CAO Code :CK204 CAO Points 200 6 :465
2. BSc FINANCE[CK204] Departments of Accounting/Finance and Economics International Recognition Exciting Career Options Placement 4-year Programme 3. Money Makes theWorld Go Round . . . 4. Programme of Study
- 4-year Programme
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computing and Info Systems
- Corporate Finance: Investment Appraisal and Financing
- Financial Markets: stocks, FX, money, risk
- Blend of Academic and Practical
- NOPre-requisite subjects
- Investment ,Corporate Banking
- Accountancy : (Exemptions)
- Fund Accounting
- Securities Trading , Treasury
- Financial Consultancy
- Insurance & FundManagement
- Postgraduate Study
- 6 months duration,Year3
- Dedicated Placement Officer
- Paid, relevant work experience
- Learning opportunities
- Substantialcareer enhancement
- Financial Services &Industry
7. Dont Just Believe Us.
- We have had an unambiguously positive experience with the programme. The students who have joined Goodbody have been enthusiastic, talented and have added real value to us. While they have gained valuable experience of commercial life, we too have benefited significantly from their contribution. They are a credit to the university and to themselves and have proved to be very popular with our team members. The recruitment campaign was organised very professionally and the process was seamless in its execution. We have no hesitation in recommending the programme and are proud to be participating in it.
- Colin Hunt
- Research Director and Chief Economist,
- Goodbody Stockbrokers.
8. Dont Just Believe Us
- We have found the students who join us on work placement from UCC to be professional, hardworking and focussed. They quickly integrate into our organisation and add real value to the teams they join. Taking UCC students on work placement has been a worthwhile investment for our organisation a relationship we would hope to continue into the future.
- Janette Pegley- Reed
- Human Resources Department,
- Bank of Ireland Global Markets.
9. International Recognition
- Graduates employed in financial centresglobally
- Ireland (Dublin, nationally)
- UK (London, Edinburgh)
- Germany (Frankfurt)
- France (Paris)
- US (Boston, New York)
- Canada (Toronto)
- Australia (Sydney)
10. Postgraduate Options
- MBS Corporate Finance and Accounting
- MBS Business Economics
- M . Econ . Sc .
- MBS Management Information and Managerial Accounting Systems
- MBS Electronic Business and Commerce
- MBS Health Services Management
- M . Comm .
11. All Work and No Play
- 12 Hours Lectures Per Week
- Mentoring, Office Hours, Tutorial Support
- Small Group~ 60 Students
- Friendshipsand Identity
- LeavesSocialisingTime !!
- Accounting & Finance Society
- Class parties, excursions
- Annual Ball
12. Contact Details
- Programme Directors :
- Dr Niall OSullivan (Economics)
- Telephone (021) 4902765
- Mr Mark Mulcahy (Accounting and Finance)
- Telephone (021) 4903212
- Email [email_address]