micro- and nano manufacturing technologies workshop micro- and nano manufacturing technologies...
Post on 28-May-2020
Embed Size (px)
Micro- and Nano Manufacturing Technologies Workshop Supported by the European Innovative Training Network MICROMAN
EUSPEN Conference in Bilbao, Spain
June 3, 2019
• Welcome Address by Prof. Guido Tosello
• Keynote One: Prof. Dirk Oberschmidt (TU Berlin)
• Session 1: Replication processes
• Session 2: Electro-physical processes
• Exhibition, Poster & Coffee Break
• Keynote Two: Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Goebner (3D MicroPrint GmbH)
• Session 3: Subtractive manufacturing
• Session 4: Metrology tools
• Closing remarks by Dr. Oltmann Riemer
Prof. Guido Tosello
Welcome Address by Prof. Guido Tosello
• Guido Tosello, PhD, is Associate Professor
at the Technical University of Denmark,
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Section of Manufacturing Engineering.
• Project Coordinator of the Horizon2020
European Marie Skłodowska-Curie
Innovative Training Network MICROMAN
“Process Fingerprint for Zero-defect Net-
TIME 13:00 - 13:10
Prof. Dirk Oberschmidt
Keynote One Prof. Dirk Oberschmidt
• Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dirk Oberschmidt has taken over the
management of the "Micro- and Precision
Devices" department at the Faculty of Machine
Tools and Factory Management (IWF).
• The qualified work processes of Prof. Oberschmidt
substantiate his in-depth experience in the
strategic planning, acquisition and management
of basic and application-oriented research and
development projects. TIME 13:10 - 13:40
Topic: "Miniaturized Spectrometers: Manufacturing and Applications"
Prof. Ben Whiteside Session chair
Session 1 Replication processes
• ESR#1 - Federico Baruffi, DTU "Integrated micro product/process quality assurance in micro
injection moulding production"
• ESR#8 - Antonio Luca, Uni Bremen "Optimizing the quality of an injection moulded medical micro
component via in-line and off-line process monitoring"
• ESR#13 - Mert Gulcur, U Bradford "New technologies and process fingerprinting for optimised
production of thermoplastic microneedle arrays"
• ESR#12 - Emanuele Cannella, IPU "High precision tooling for electrical sintering of titanium and
TIME 13:40 - 14:20
Session 2 Electro physical processes
• ESR#3 - Mattia Bellotti, KU Leuven "Process monitoring for efficient micro electrical discharge
• ESR#4 - Krishna Saxena, KU Leuven "Precision hybrid micro-ECM technology"
• ESR#5 - Igor Danilov, TU Chemnitz "Process Understanding of Plasma Electrolytic Polishing through
• ESR#6 - Matin Yahyavi, TU Chemnitz "Process Control in Jet Electrochemical Machining of Stainless
Steel through Inline Metrology of Current Density"
TIME 14:20 - 15:00
Dr. Jun Qian Session chair
Exhibition, Poster & Coffee Break
TIME 15:00 - 15:30
Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Goebner
Keynote Two Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Goebner
• In 2013 Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Goebner became CEO of 3D
MicroPrint GmbH and he has more than twenty years
of experience in the field of Additive Manufacturing.
• 3D MicroPrint GmbH is specialized in the production of
micro metal parts by Micro Laser Sintering and sales of
the associated machines. Thanks to the additive
production technology, quality and costs can be
optimized while simultaneously expanding the
functionality of the specific products of 3D MicroPrint
GmbH customers in the areas of medical industry,
aerospace, semiconductor industry, etc. TIME
15:30 - 16:00
Topic: "Micro Metal Additive Considerations"
Session 3 Subtractive manufacturing
• ESR#2 - Soufian Benachour, DTU "Development and validation of an intelligent monitoring for micro
• ESR#7 - Pablo Fook, Uni Bremen "Micro grinding of Dental Ceramic Implants"
• ESR#9 - Yukui Cai, U Strath "Nanosecond pulsed laser ablation process for functional surface"
• ESR#10 - Sandeep Kuriakose, PoliMI "Fingerprint in extrusion of bi-lumen tubes made of 17-4 PH feedstock"
TIME 16:00 - 16:40
Prof. Xichun Luo Session chair
Prof. Richard Leach Session chair
Session 4 Metrology tools
• ESR#11 - Teguh Santoso, U Nottingham "On-machine focus variation measurement for micro-scale
TIME 16:40 - 16:50
Dr. Oltmann Riemer
Closing remarks by Dr. Oltmann Riemer
• Head of the Laboratory for Precision
Machining (LFM) at Leibniz-IWT
• European Society for Precision Engineering
and Nanotechnology (EUSPEN): Member
since 2004, Council member since 2011
• International Academy for Production
Engineering (CIRP): Corporate Member
TIME 16:50 - 17:00