maruti suzuki overview
out of 24
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. MARUTHI SUZUKI INDIA LTD.
NAGA MALLESWARA RAO
- 2. OPEN SYSTEM
R & D
- 3. VISION:
To be the leader in the Indian Automobile Industry, creating customer delight and increasing shareholders wealth;A pride of India.
- 4. INPUTS
Raw materials primarily comprises steel coils , aluminum and paints.
Imported components are mainly purchased from Suzuki
Buy more parts locally to offset any adverse impact of foreign currency fluctuations
vendors work in close coordination with MSIL
MSIL has a delivery instruction system
- 5. INPUTS
- It contains 7525 employees
- 6. 4,000 service technicians
- 7. 730 engineers in R & D
- As of May 10 2007, Govt. of India sold its complete share to Indian financial institutions.
- 8. MSIL has a good network of internal resources to finance the companys operations, expansion plans as well as capital investments.
- 9. INPUTS
The IT applications ofMSIL runs are mostly enterprise wide.
Systems at the shop floor is connected to the central database .
To ensure reliability, MSIL chose a meshed network.
MSIL has also implemented an enterprise management system, called Unicenter TNG.
CRM provides centralized access to the dealers and provides the best service network.
- 10. INPUTS
Research and development
- The basic objective of the R&D facility is to provide for full vehicle development and designing of vehicles to suit the specific needs of the Indian customer and component durability testing and performance evaluation.
- 11. R & D centre is getting ready to develop the first dual fuel engine.
- 12. The test course would provide for high-speed evaluation and will also be used for conducting acceleration tests.
- Dimensions of organizational design
Maruti has half of the market share in passenger car market
It has600 outlets spread over 393 towns and cities.
It has 500 dealers with strong network.
2,744 workshops across 1,139 cities.
Japaneseculture imbibed in the employees like same uniform, common canteen etc.,
Unique identity to its employees, equal rights for decision making.
- 13. Dimensions of organization design
- Threats from the new players
- 14. Threat from substitutes: Low to medium
- 15. Government policies
- Recently, the company has introduced a peppy k series engine for its new car, Maruti Suzuki A-star.
- 16. It is planning to develop hybrid, electrical, and multi-fuel engines.
- 17. Manufacturing Global cars that is fuel-efficient and lower on CO2 emissions.
- TRANSFORMATION PROCESS
SRATEGIES FOLLOWED BY MSIL
Pricing strategy - catering to all segments
Offering one stop shop to customers or creating different revenue streams
Repositioning of maruti products
Customer centric approach
Committed to motorizingIndia
- 18. Organization structure
- 19. STRUCTURE
- 20. Management
- The Company has a multi-tier management structure, comprising the Board of Directors at the top and followed by Managing Executive Officers, Executive Officers and Divisional Heads.
- Japanese management techniques and cooperation with Suzuki motor corporation provides a different platform and exposure altogether.
- 21. Fun element in MSIL
- Transformation process
Marutis marketing objective is
To continually offer the customer new products and services that Reduce the customers cost of ownership of our cars; and
Anticipate and address the customers needs and preferences in all aspects and stages of car ownership, to provide what MSIL refer to as the 360 degree customer experience.
- 22. Transformation process
Dealer distribution network
MSIL has the largest network of dealers amongst car manufacturers in India more than 3,500 sales executives .
Sales network is linked through the secure extranet-based information network.
After sales service network
- 23. Transformation process
- 24. PRODUCTS
- Maruti 800: Launched - 1983
- 25. Maruti Omni: Launched - 1984
- 26. Maruti Gypsy: Launched - 1985
- 27. Maruti Alto: Launched - 2000
- 28. Maruti Wagon-R: Launched - 2002
- 29. Maruti Versa: Launched - 2003
- 30. Maruti Grand Vitara Launched - 2004
- 31. Maruti Suzuki Swift: Launched - 2005
- 32. Maruti Suzuki SX4: Launched - 2007
- 33. Maruti Swift Dzire: Launched - 2008
- 34. Maruti Suzuki A-STAR: Launched - 2008
- 35. Maruti Suzuki Ritz: Launched - 2009
- 36. Maruti Suzuki Estilo: Launched - 2009
- Creating value to each of the customers
- Authorized Service StationsService is a major revenue generator of the company. Most of the service stations are managed on franchise basis, where Maruti trains the local staff.
- 37. Maruti Insurance
- 38. Creating value to each of the customers
- Maruti Finance
- Maruti True Value
- 39. Maruti Driving School
- social responsibility
National Road Safety Mission launched - a nation-wide Social responsibility (CSR) initiative to train 500,000 people in safe driving in three years.
Targets reducing fresh water consumption and implement rain water harvesting.
The company is moving towards making its entire fleet of cars green with advanced and efficient technologies.
- 41. Accolades :
A-star as the "Car of the year"
A-star as the "Best small car of the year"
K10B Engine as the "Automotive technology of the year"
Maruti Suzuki as the "Manufacturer of the year"
- 42. THANK YOU
View more >