manager / coach application · pdf file manager / coach application – continued the...
Click here to load reader
Post on 22-May-2020
Embed Size (px)
Pacwest Little League
14649 16th AVE S.
Seatac, WA. 98168
MANAGER / COACH APPLICATION
Name: ___________________________ _______ _________________________ _______________ Last Middle Initial First Date of Birth
SSN: _____________________________________ Driver’s License # and State: __________________________________________
Home Number: __________________________________________ Cell Number: _______________________________________
Email Address: _________________________________________________ Work Number: ________________________________
Children in League: _______________________ Relationship: _________________ League Age: _________
_______________________ Relationship: _________________ League Age: _________
_______________________ Relationship: _________________ League Age: _________
Previous Coaching Experience (including League(s) and Divisions): ______________________________________________
List any certificates and formal training seminars:__________________________________________________________________
Position(s) you are interested in: Manager Bench Coach Practice Coach
Baseball Division(s) you are interested in: T-Ball A AA AAA Majors Intermediate 50/70
Juniors Seniors Big League
Softball Division(s) you are interested in: Coach Pitch (78’s) Minors Majors Juniors Seniors
All Applicants will be subjected to a LL MANDATED background checks.
Do not write in this box – for PWLL Use Only
Approved for a (Managing/Coaching) position in: ________________________________________________________
Team: _______________________________ Approved by: ___________________ Date: ______________
Please read and sign the Coaching Contract on the next page
MANAGER / COACH APPLICATION – Continued
The mission of the Pacwest Little League is to provide a safe, supportive environment for the children of our community in
which to learn sportsmanship, teamwork, skills and a respect for the game of baseball and softball.
The Managers and Coaches of Pacwest Little League are the most important part of our organization. They are in a
position to greatly determine the quality of each player’s experience. Pacwest Little League strives to select those
individuals for managing and coaching positions who will best exemplify the values of the Little League Baseball and
Softball. The League will support the managers and coaches through coaching clinics, safety clinics and other activities
designed to enhance their teaching and leadership skills and knowledge.
There are no vested managers or coaches in Little League Baseball or Softball. Each manager and coach must apply each
season. Prospective candidates will be evaluated on the following: leadership, teaching ability, commitment, enjoyment,
organizational skills, sportsmanship, past experience and their ability to be a role model for their team.
If appointed to a Coaching position within the Pacwest Little League, I will:
• Fully participate in all League activities including coaching clinics, safety meetings, fundraisers and special programs. • Treat players, players’ parents, fellow coaches, umpires, scorekeepers, and league officials with respect at all times. • Set an example, both on and off the playing field, of good sportsmanship for players. • Build confidence in my players. • Demonstrate positive methods for resolving conflicts. • Provide team with a reasonable number of practices. • Not use nor allow others to use:
o Tobacco products of any kind (adult use in designated areas only).
o Alcohol, during or preceding involvement with players in practices and games.
o Profanity, abusive, highly critical, or demeaning language.
• Take responsibility for all League equipment and fields entrusted to my team and ensure that all equipment is returned at the end of season.
• Be a “team” player by acting in the best interests of the League. • Be knowledgeable about and follow all Little League rules, including Local Rules. • Promptly advise my division representative and Player Agent of significant player related issues • Must perform field preparation, maintenance and cleanup, as needed. • Prohibit parents and other persons from assuming a coaching role during Little League events without prior League approval. • Ensure my team fulfills all fund-raising events, umpiring, concession stand and other assigned team obligations.
I understand that Pacwest Little League is committed to providing a safe, healthy and positive experience for children
while teaching them baseball and softball skills. I understand that failure to live up to any one of these promises may
result in dismissal from coaching.
Print Name: _____________________________________________________
Signed: __________________________________________________________________ Date: __________________
This volunteer application should only be used if a league is manually entering information into JDP or an outside background check provider that meet the standards of Little League Regulations 1(c)9. THIS FORM SHOULD NOT BE COMPLETED IF A LEAGUE IS UTILIZING THE JDP QUICKAPP. Visit LittleLeague.org/localBGcheck for more information.
A COPY OF VALID GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION MUST BE ATTACHED TO COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION.
Name ______________________________________________________________ Date ________ First Middle Name or Initial Last Address ______________________________________________________________________
City _________________________________ State ________________ Zip _______________ Social Security # (mandatory) __________________________________________________________________________
Cell Phone ___________________________ Business Phone __________________________
Home Phone: _________________________ E-mail Address: __________________________
Date of Birth __________________________________________________________________
Special professional training, skills, hobbies: _________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ Community affiliations (Clubs, Service Organizations, etc.): _____________________________________________________________________________ Previous volunteer experience (including baseball/softball and year): _____________________________________________________________________________
1. Do you have children in the program? Yes No If yes, list full name and what level? __________________________________________
2. Special Certification (CPR, Medical, etc.)? Yes No If yes, list: _____________________
3. Do you have a valid driver’s license? Yes No Driver’s License#: _________________________________ State ________________
4. Have you ever been charged with, convicted of, plead no contest, or guilty to any crime(s) involving or against a minor, or of a sexual nature?
If yes, describe each in full: ______________________________________ Yes No (If volunteer answered yes to Question 4, the local league must contact the Little League International Security Manager.)
5. Have you ever been convicted of or plead no contest or guilty to any crime(s) Yes No If yes, describe each in full: _________________________________________________ (Answering yes to question 5, does not automatically disqualify you as a volunteer.)
6. Do you have any criminal charges pending against you regarding any crime(s)? Yes No If yes, describe each in full: _________________________________________________ (Answering yes to question 6, does not automatically disqualify you as a volunteer.)
7. Have you ever been refused participation in any other youth programs? Yes No If yes, explain: ___________________________________________________________
Little League® Volunteer Application - 2020 Do not use forms from past years. Use extra paper to complete if additional space is required.
Please list three references, at least one of which has knowledge of your participation as a volunteer in a youth program:
Name/Phone _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________