make your event a hit! marketing tips for a successful turnout
Post on 31-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAre you hosting Fall and Winter events like socials and parties, classes, workshops, demonstrations or tastings, conferences or award nights? Do you need a fast and easy way to get your customers to attend, but want more than just a Yes or No? See how others are creating compelling invitations and using social media to get customers to their events. Get your event noticed by communicating event details with attendees and accept registrations online - all in a single tool!
- ONLINE EVENT MARKETING FOR BUSINESSTO CONSUMER Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc. 1
- Agenda Making the most of your event Promote & Communicate Engage with attendees Measure your success Worksheets 2Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR EVENT Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc. 3
- Making the most of your event Ease the burden of event management by going online! Keep registration open, even when youre not. Offline management: Online management: Time consuming manual list Easily manage all information management online Less efficient registration Self-serve 24/7 online methods registration Cumbersome spreadsheet Efficient tracking and reporting tracking and reporting Custom registration= Guessing what is wanted Information you need and want from the event 4Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Making the most of your eventWant specifics to be the Event of the Season? take 2-minutes to ask! Learn what your attendees desire: What events of ours have you attended in the past? Include a do you attend events? Why link to a survey in your regular email. of events interest you? What types What social media networks do you use? Ask the uncomfortable question about a previous event: What didnt you like about our last event? Things to keep in mind: An event invitation and website provide all Time of Day What is ideal? the information needed for attendee to Location understand the value of the event and Traffic? successfully attend. Adequate parking? Driving directions? WIFI provided? 5Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Event success Countax Their challenges: Attendees had to call or fax RSVP Inaccurate information on name badges Confusion over event time and location With Event Marketing their results: It saved us hours and hours of work. We still took some registrations over the phone, but simply typed them straight into the online sign-up form then and thereand then being able to display the directions to the venue was a great help. -Jef ORiley, Marketing Manager, Countax 6Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- PROMOTE AND COMMUNICATE Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc. 7
- Are you promoting to the right people?Who do you want to come? Create an ideal attendee profile: People new and/or familiar with you? What makes them the same / different? Influence in networks (local and social)? Where are they finding out about events? Online? Offline? Advertising? 8Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Event experience starts with your invitationA professional looking invite encourages registration and attendance Advertising on an invitation is not professional looking. Ad free invites, registrat ion and homepage Over 140 themes Customizable 9Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Foundation from those who know you Get their attention with customizable email invites Brand is important; show your personality -79% of respondents said they hit the "report spam" button when they dont know who the sender is. -Email Sender and Provider Coalition UseSubject Lines and headlines that get you opened Personalize message to recipient the same invite does not need to go to everyone on your list 56% of consumers consider marketing messages from known senders to be Spam if the message is just not interesting to me. -Q Interactive 10Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Good Invitations cause interest and action Do your invites do more than ask people to come? Must have shareworthy content: Provide information about why they should attend List activities to improve attendance: Topics Lessons Speakers Engage with video Add list of upcoming events Today, 71% of the U.S. online audience watches video on the internet, and the number of streams consumed should more than double by 2013. Forrester Research Video in email can increase click-through rates by as much as three-hundred percent. Forrester Research 11Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Success with Event Invitations Business Victories Their challenge: Promoting weekly teleseminars which educate customers and prospects Boosting teleseminar attendance "Weve seen registration go up 30% to With Event Marketing their results: 40%, and its consistently growing each week, undoubtedly because weve started using Event Marketing.- Cheri Ruskus, Business Victories 12Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Does this invite work? What works: Headline captures attention and sense of urgency Visuals match event theme Why it does not work: No way to RSVP on line! Created sense of urgency but no way to take immediate action Unclear how to sign up for event No personalization No map for directions on how to get there No way to share Missingout the power of word of mouth and social media marketing 13Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Beyond the one eventShare upcoming events in your emailinvitations to increase awareness Attend My Events button appears in the Insert menu Clicking this option will feature: Event Name Start/End date and time Event Description (if given) Location Track which readers are interested in what events 14Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Leverage Social Media for your inviteExpand the reach of your invitationthrough Social Media Use Simple Share to promote the event on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn at the same time! Customize the message for each site Include an image (optional) Easily share to all your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles 15Copyright 2011 Constant Contact, Inc.
- Create buzz in Social Media about the event Get more attendees by sharing the event on Facebook & Twitter Whether you send an invite or not, promote the event on Social Media! Heres how: Establish a hashtag (e.g. #B2Bevent) to track buzz around the event. Tweet your event and watch how your followers retweet t
View more >