make an impact through effective communications
out of 14
Post on 19-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONToday's inundation of communication options leaves most people under-nourished and over-saturated. The results? Wasted time reading through "fluff". Learn proven techniques to sharpen your team's focus and move the ball towards the team's goals.
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e MAKING AN IMPACTTHROUGH EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATIONS Because life is too short for trial and error.
- George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, political activist (1856 - 1950) The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
- ELIMINATE NOISELET PRIORITIES RISE TO THE TOP When lower priorities compete for your attention, your communication will suffer. Give it the time & attention it deserves. If you arent clear about what you need, how can anybody else? s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e 1
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e BE A CREDIBLE AUTHORITY KNOW YOUR TOPIC Use the most resourceful person on the team to communicate team goals and needs. Save time, energy & resources by delegating others to lead the discussions when they know more. 2
- TAILOR YOUR MESSAGETO YOUR UNIQUE AUDIENCE Whether communicating with your team, clients or potential clients, make sure your message is direct and uniquely relevant to them. If not, your message is just an unwelcome interruption. s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e 3
- CONNECT ENGAGE& KNOW YOUR AUDIENCES NEEDS People hear what they want to hear. When people listen or read, they are filtering out content for their needs. If you know those needs, you will have their attention and inspire action. s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e 4
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e OFFER A WIN-WINNOBODY WILL ACT JUST FOR YOU Connect members personally to the team goals. We can inspire people with fear or hope, but the most reliable, effective & sustainable method is to inspire people to act on their own behalf. 5
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e ASK QUESTIONSLISTEN TO NEEDS Ask questions to seek clarity and listen not only to the words a person says but the way they say them. Be keen and grasp the spoken and unspoken needs that they are communicating. 6
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e INFORM INFLUENCE& MAKE YOUR COMMUNICATIONS COUNT Each time you reach out to your team about a project, maximize your teams effectiveness by only communicating what is needed to clarify and/or advance the team towards the goals. 7
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e USE THE BEST MEDIUMMINIMIZE OVER-USE OF EMAIL Emails are horrible for intra-team communication - piling up and working against us. Take time to explore other available and effective tools that move you and your team faster to your goals. 8
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e GET CONFIRMATIONMOVE AHEAD TOGETHER AS A TEAM To move ahead smoothly, it is important to summarize what was agreed upon as a team. Follow up verbal communication with written to use as a guide and source of reference. 9
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e TRUST YOUR TEAMADAPT WHEN NECESSARY&10 Once youve communicated, trust that you have the best people in the right roles to move towards the goals. If communication is a recurring problem, make personnel adjustments.
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e LEARN MORE TODAYJOIN US FOR FREE 11 Join us on facebook.com/lifemapp and lifemapp.com. Self-study for FREE or group study with a coach/mentor for only $39/month. Grow with us and find your Opportunities/Significance.
- s u r v i v a l t o s i g n i f i c a n c e THANK YOU!12 Copyright 2003-2014, LifeMAPP, LLC. All rights reserved. Published in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, US LifeMAPP titles may be purchased in bulk for educational, business, fund-raising or sales promotional use. For information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more >
DELIVERING EFFECTIVE INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS WITH EFFECTIVE INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS WITH MOBILE ... Delivering effective internal communications with ... According to the Towers Watson Communication ROI
Make your communications more accessible ?· Make your communications more accessible i Make ... More…
Effective Communications for People with Disabilities ... Communications for People with Effective Communications