Embed Size (px)
PRESENTED BYSK. FAHAD
DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAGNETICALLYLEVITATE AN OBJECT
• Mechanically constraint
• Diamagnetic levitation
• Rotational stabilization
• Servo stabilization
• Also known as pseudo Levitation.
• Two magnets are mechanically constrained along a single vertical axis, this will act to levitate one of the magnets above the other.
• Diamagnetic materials repel a magnetic field.
• Less than ZERO magnetic permeability.
• By surrounding a diamagnetic material with a magnetic field, it can be held in a stationary position.
• Superconductivity is a phenomenon of exactly zero electrical resistance and expulsion of magnetic fields.
• Superconductors works on the principle of Meissner effect.
Maglev, or magnetic levitation, is a system of transportation that suspends, guides and propels vehicles, predominantly trains, using magnet.ELECTROMAGNETIC SUSPENSION
Industrial equipment such as pumps, generators, motors use levitation to support moving machinery without physical contact.
• Levitation melting
Levitation melting works on the principle of Induction heating.
Maglev elevator works on the principle of EDS (Electrodynamic suspension).