louis vuitton slideshow
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.Louis Vuitton By: Chandler Carlson
2. Biography of Louis Vuitton
- Louis Vuitton Malletier
- Born August 4,1821 in Jura, France
- Because he lived so long ago, no one knows much about Louis parents
- I am assuming Louis Vuitton did not make it past grammar school because he traveled by foot to Paris when he was only fourteen years old
- It was then that he started to recognize the necessities in a suitcase or trunk
4. Social Aspects
- Vuitton married Emilie Clemence Pariaux in 1854, then three years later, their son Georges Vuitton was born.
- In 1860, Vuitton was forced to relocate his factory to Asnires where he expanded due to increasing demand. Seven years later, Louis Vuitton won a bronze medal at the Worlds Fair. This boosted Vuitton's already booming fame, as the company gained international exposure. Soon after, he began receiving orders for his luxury trunks from Dukes, Kings and other people of nobility.
- The beginning of
- THE Louis Vuitton
- What is known of Young Louis Vuitton is that after he went to Paris, he became an apprenticelayetier,or luggage packer, to the prominent households of Paris. At this time in history, journeys took many months and required endless changes of wardrobe. He established such a reputation in his work that he was appointed by the Emperor of France, Napoleon III, as officiallayetierto his wife, the Empress Eugenie.
- Vuitton acquired expert knowledge of what made a good traveling case and started to design luggage, opening his workshops to the general public in 1854 to provide luggage suitable for a new age of travel. Vuitton designed the first flat trunks that could be easily stacked in railway carriages and in the holds of ocean liners.
- Counterfeiting has been a huge problem for the Louis Vuitton luxury handbag company since it first began growing.
- In 1876 Vuitton responded to the imitators by changing the canvas to a striped design in beige and brown. The problem, however, persisted and in 1888, Vuitton adopted another canvasa checkerboard pattern with the words "Marque depose Louis Vuitton" interwoven through the material.
- Still today counterfeiting is a huge problem with high-end designers, so Louis could have never really avoided this problem
7. Louis: In the NOW
- After Louis Vuittons death, his son, Georges, then his grandson, Gaston-Louis Vuitton, took control of the company
- Now, Bernard Arnault is the President of Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs is the Art Director in which he comes up with new designs and incorporates old ones into the companys luggage and handbags.
8. Business Organization
- The Louis Vuitton luxury leather goods company is a sole proprietorship because Vuitton started it by himself.
- Since Vuitton first started making luggage in his humble workshop, his first and foremost priorities were to make quality luggage that were highly functional.
- The company was just named after the founder Louis Vuitton
11. Around the World
- Now, Louis Vuitton has over 322 stores in 52 countries around the world and still opening more!
12. Interesting fact
- A vintage Louis Vuitton trunk can run up to$75,000
13. Pics 14. 15. Bibliographies
- "Louis Vuitton."Wikipedia . 7 Apr. 2010.
- "The World of Louis Vuitton."
- Louis Vuitton . 6 Apr. 2010..