lords supper oct06
Post on 11-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSermon Army Military Chaplain
- 1.The Lords Supper
2. The Lords Supper
- Worship is a way of gladly reflecting back to God the radiance of His worth.
- --John Piper
- The Lords Supper should not be taken lightly but with all of the honor and dignity expected at the remembrance of Christs Death on the Cross.
The Lords Supper 4.
- 1 Corinthians 11:27
- Page ????
The Lords Supper 5.
- He first tells then to not take the Lords Supper Lightly.
The Lords Supper 6.
- 27Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
- (1 Cor 11:27, NIV)
The Lords Supper 7.
- Paul teaches that the Lords Supper should not be taken unworthily.
The Lords Supper 8.
- The Westminster Shorter Catechism;
- The chief end of man is
- to glorify God
- and enjoy Him forever.
The Lords Supper 9.
- Paul then tells the Corinthians that they need to examine themselves before you take of the Lords Supper.
The Lords Supper 10.
- 28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.
- (1 Cor 11:28, NIV)
The Lords Supper 11.
- The Lords Supper is a time of examination of our own spiritual life.
The Lords Supper 12.
- Paul then says that the Lords Supper is a community affair.
The Lords Supper 13.
- 33So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for each other.
- 34 If anyone is hungry, he should eat at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment.
- And when I come I will give further directions.
- (1 Cor 11: 33-34, NIV)
The Lords Supper 14.
- We are to come together for the Lords Supper.
The Lords Supper 15.
- Jesus on the cross paid the penalty for our sinwe should be willing to be servants to the world as well.
The Lords Supper 16.
- 23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said,
- This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.
The Lords Supper 17. The Lords Supper
- 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,
- This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.
- 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lords death until he comes.
- (1 Cor 11: 23-26, NIV)
The Lords Supper 19.
- Take the Lords Supper seriously,
- Examine ourselves before the Lords Supper,
- Remember that the Lords Supper is a community affair
20. The Lords Supper