look, lead, love, learn: four steps to better business, a better life, and conquering complexity
out of 35
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONFrom the 2014 AICPA E.D.G.E. Conference: It's a new world in the workplace. Groundbreaking shifts in regulation, demographics, leadership and technology mean that "business as usual" doesn't cut it anymore. Success today depends on our ability to collaborate, connect, innovate and inspire.
- AUG. 6 9, 2014 THE RITZ-CARLTON, NEW ORLEANS Session No. 13: Look, Lead, Love, Learn Aug. 7, 4:20 to 5:35 p.m. Bill Sheridan, CAE
- #AICPA_EDGE 2 The U-505 252 feet long Nearly 31 feet high 880 metric tons Sank eight ships before the U.S. Navy captured it in the south Atlantic on June 4, 1944. One of only four World War II-era German U-boats in existence as a museum ship.
- #AICPA_EDGE 3 View the full video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUuQIpVuhCg
- #AICPA_EDGE 4
- #AICPA_EDGE 5 (Free today on Amazon.) Shameless plug warning: Get it cheap after todays session.
- #AICPA_EDGE 6
- #AICPA_EDGE 7
- #AICPA_EDGE 8 Innovation is the creation of new forms of value in anticipation of future demand. -- Andrew Zolli
- #AICPA_EDGE 9 The world according to Peter Sheahan 1. Question all assumptions. 2. Be a driver of change. 3. Overcome the gravity of success. 4. Beware of specialization. 5. Action before clarity.
- #AICPA_EDGE 10
- #AICPA_EDGE 11
- #AICPA_EDGE 12 Be relevant. Improve. Learn. Adapt. Help your clients adapt. Look.
- #AICPA_EDGE 13 Engaged people will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Engagement comes from conversation about the task at hand. Those conversations lead to dreams of what could be, which lead to talk of what must be done. -- Emmanuel Gobillot
- #AICPA_EDGE 14
- #AICPA_EDGE 15
- #AICPA_EDGE 16 1. Dont hire unhappy people. 2. Smile. 3. Be relevant. 4. Be generous. 5. Be empathetic.
- #AICPA_EDGE 17 Meet Seth.
- #AICPA_EDGE 18 If you create something that somebody would pay for, but you give it away, not only are you building trust and a debt of gratitude but you shock them into sharing it. They share not only the asset itself, which is inherently valuable to the brand, but they share the fact that they are surprised that a brand would just give it to them and not try to sell them along the way. Joe Chernov, Kinvey
- #AICPA_EDGE 19
- #AICPA_EDGE 20
- #AICPA_EDGE 21 An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. -- Jeff Magee
- #AICPA_EDGE 22 Change
- #AICPA_EDGE 23
- #AICPA_EDGE 24 Q.E.D.
- The Look, Lead, Love, Learn Book Club Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder, by Arianna Huffington A More Beautiful Question: The Power of Inquiry to Spark Breakthrough Ideas, by Warren Berger Things A Little Bird Told Me: Confessions of the Creative Mind, by Biz Stone The Art of the Idea, and How it Can Change Your Life, by John Hunt
- The Look, Lead, Love, Learn Book Club Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It, by Mitch Joel The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change, by Adam Braun The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies, by Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew McAfee You Are Now Less Dumb: How to Conquer Mob Mentality, How to Buy Happiness, and All the Other Ways to Outsmart Yourself, by David McRaney
- The Look, Lead, Love, Learn Book Club "Resilience: Why Things Bounce Back," by Andrew Zolli and Ann Marie Healy "Flip! How to Turn Everything You Know On Its Head and Succeed Beyond Your Wildest Dreams," by Peter Sheahan "Leadershift: Reinventing Leadership for the Age of Mass Collaboration," by Emmanuel Gobillot "Follow the Leader: The One Thing Great Leaders Have That Great Followers Want," by Emmanuel Gobillot "Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?" by Seth Godin
- The Look, Lead, Love, Learn Book Club "The Likeability Factor," by Tim Sanders "Today We Are Rich," by Tim Sanders "Love is the Killer App," by Tim Sanders "Escape Velocity: Free Your Company's Future from the Pull of the Past," by Geoffrey Moore "I Love You More Than My Dog: Five Decisions That Drive Extreme Customer Loyalty in Good Times and Bad," by Jeanne Bliss "Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success," by Adam Grant
- The Look, Lead, Love, Learn Book Club "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Won't Stop Talking," by Susan Cain "Flash Foresight: How to See the Invisible and Do the Impossible," by Daniel Burrus "The Silent Language of Leaders," by Carol Kinsey Goman "The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and in Business," by Charles Duhigg "Positivity: Groundbreaking Research," by Barbara Fredrickson
- The Look, Lead, Love, Learn Book Club To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others," by Daniel Pink Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, by Daniel Pink A Whole New Mind: Why Right- Brainers Will Rule the Future, by Daniel Pink Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, by Simon Sinek Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Dont, by Simon Sinek
- The Look, Lead, Love, Learn Book Club The End of Competitive Advantage: How to Keep Your Strategy Moving as Fast as Your Business, by Rita McGrath Discovery-Driven Growth: A Breakthrough Process to Reduce Risk and Seize Opportunity, by Rita McGrath and Ian C. Macmillan The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey Lifes Golden Ticket: An Inspirational Novel, by Brendon Burchard Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, by Sheryl Sandberg
- #AICPA_EDGE 32 Download these slides at Slideshare.net/BillSheridan
- #AICPA_EDGE 33 Questions?
- #AICPA_EDGE 34 Follow me: MACPAs blog: CPASuccess.com Facebook.com/BillSheridan LinkedIn.com/in/BillDSheridan Twitter.com/BillSheridan Gplus.to/BillSheridan YouTube.com/BillSheridan SlideShare.net/BillSheridan Flickr.com/photos/Sheridan
- Thank You Copyright 2014 American Institute of CPAs. All rights reserved. Thank You Copyright 2014 American Institute of CPAs. All rights reserved.
View more >