london trip diary

of 12 /12

Upload: education2011

Post on 18-Dec-2014




2 download

Embed Size (px)


school trip to London from 25 to 29 January 2012


Page 1: London trip diary
Page 2: London trip diary

We met at the Zaragoza airport at 11.30 a.m. to take the plane to London Stansted. When we arrived at the airport, our British guide was waiting for us and we took the coach. It took us an hour and a half to get to the hotel.

Page 3: London trip diary

We left our luggage in the rooms and we walked a long way through Hyde Park to Buckingham Palace, the Queen’s home. We went back to the hotel on the tube and had lovely macaroni for dinner. After dinner some of us went out with a teacher to the pub to see the Madrid-Barça football match.

Page 4: London trip diary

we went to Camden Town for shopping. We bought souvenirs, sweaters and caps. We had lunch at a Fish and Chips shop nearby. In the afternoon we went off to The City and visited St. Paul’s Cathedral. We also saw the “Occupy London” tents camped opposite the cathedral.

Page 5: London trip diary

On the way to the Tate Gallery we crossed the Millennium Bridge, walked past the Globe- a reconstruction of Shakespeare’s original theatre- and “The Clink” prison museum, a notorious and old prison. We learned from the guide that “clink” means “prison, jail” in informal English. We also saw the replica of the Golden Hind, Sir Francis Drake’s Galleon.

Page 6: London trip diary

We also crossed the London Bridge back to the Monument, a memorial to the Great Fire which destroyed the city in 1666, and we climbed up the 311 steps to the top from where we enjoyed a wonderful view of London.

We took the tube back to Central London and walked along King’s Road up to Sloane Square where we entered Peter Jones’s store. Rich people live in this area because the houses and the cars were big and expensive. In the evening we ate dinner out and then we went to see the musical “Billy Elliot” at the Victoria Theatre.

Page 7: London trip diary

Friday 26th January

We visited the Chelsea Stadium “Stamford Bridge” and its museum. The guide was fun and we enjoyed the tour very much.

In the afternoon we visited two emblematic sights: The Tower of London and the impressive Tower Bridge. After that, we had a great time at the London dungeons. It was very scary but we had a good laugh.

Page 8: London trip diary

In the evening we went to Trafalgar Square and visited the National Gallery where we saw some of the most famous pictures in the world such as “The Sunflowers” by Van Gogh or “The Arnolfini Portrait” by Jan Van Eyck. Later we went shopping in the busy Regent St., Oxford St and Piccadilly Circus.

we walked to the Notting Hill market, a very long street full of stalls. It was very busy and lively.

Page 9: London trip diary

In the afternoon we went to the Science and Natural Museums. They are very interesting with lots of things to see and play with.

Next we walked down the street to see the Albert Memorial. The guide told us that it was built by Queen Victoria after her husband’s death. We also saw from the outside The Royal Albert Hall, a beautiful building for concerts of music, ballet, cultural exhibitions and special ceremonies.

Page 10: London trip diary

After so much learning , it was time for fun and so we had a ride

on the London Eye, the big wheel from which the view of London at night is spectacular.

Finally, we saw the Parliament and its high bell “Big Ben”,

Westminster Abbey and Downing St, British Prime Ministers’ home.

Page 11: London trip diary

we packed and left our luggage in the TV room and went off to Covent Garden, an ancient vegetables market where we could listen to classical music and opera. Two of us took part in a street show too. Then we went to Leicester Square, but we couldn’t see it very well because of the works for the Olympics that will take place in the summer.

Page 12: London trip diary

We went back to Trafalgar Square to see The Chinese New Year Celebration, but it was packed and we saw very little of the show but we enjoyed the atmosphere.

We went back to the hotel to get the coach to the airport. The security control in the customs was strict, but in the end we didn’t have any problems to get the flight back to Zaragoza. Finally, we arrived in Zaragoza on time safe and sound and our families were waiting for us.