lola's cupcakes - reinvigorating the cupcake marketplace
out of 33
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. LOLAS CUPCAKES Reinvigorating the cupcake marketplace.
- 2. The upmarket cupcake category is becoming dull.
- 3. Although youre still ahead of the pack, other cupcake brands are now copying you.
- 4. Consequently, upmarket cupcake brands are beginning to look the same.
- 5. Category conventions have emerged. Almost all brands are going for a 50s kitsch / ice-cream parlour look using pastel shades.
- 6. This is even more problematic because most cupcake brands products look the same.
- 7. Therefore, cupcake businesses need to differentiate their brand more than ever to stand out.
- 8. Lolas Cupcakes needs to continue to remain exciting, different and relevant.
- 9. Lolas Cupcakes needs to continue to remain exciting, different and relevant. To do this, it needs to push its branding to new frontiers to breathe new life again into cupcakes.
- 10. Lolas Cupcakes has one highly marketable x-factor that its competitors dont have:
- 11. Stalls in Topshop and Selfridges on Oxford Street - the epicentre of UK and international high-street fashion.
- 12. Lolas long-standing presence within these stores has associated it with fashion.
- 13. Lolas presence within these stores has associated it with fashion. Lolas can therefore credibly draw upon this world to differentiate itself - and to take cupcakes into a whole new place.
- 14. Lolas Cupcakes has one highly marketable x-factor that none of its competitors have; stalls in Topshop and Selfridges on Oxford Street - the epicentres of both UK and international high-street fashion. It really makes sense to draw more upon this fashion link. Topshop is one of the most popular brands with women this era
- 15. and Selfridges is the coolest clothing retailer. Whatever Selfridges is selling is cool, purely because its in Selfridges. Lolas Cupcakes has one highly marketable x-factor that none of its competitors have; stalls in Topshop and Selfridges on Oxford Street - the epicentres of both UK and international high-street fashion. It really makes sense to draw more upon this fashion link.
- 16. And this move towards fashion resonates with your major audience: women.
- 17. And this move towards fashion resonates with your major audience: women. When eating a cupcake, women treat it as a visual experience as much as a culinary one.
- 18. This also links with a new broader digital phenomena that has arisen through social media: food as a fashion accessory.
- 19. This approach is not unfounded either. Fiats recent campaign targeting female drivers didnt talk about its function but its style.
- 20. Comparatively, this was a different approach for a car brand in the highly conventional car category. The result is a highly standout campaign that breathes new life into the category.
- 21. So how can Lolas Cupcakes use fashion in a relevant way in its communications? My answer is simply the following:
- 22. To create a campaign that style-matches Lolas Cupcakes with the latest fashions.
- 23. This idea is also great because its flexible. It can work to any scale and budget you wish.
- 24. The campaign can fit according to your budget. It could work by posting the idea through your social media pages or be delivered on billboard posters.
- 25. The campaign also has room to grow. You could simply run it as a one-off campaign, but it could go much further.
- 26. It could run seasonally constantly creating new collections.
- 27. You could get a fashion blogger with a big fan base to choose the outfits.
- 28. You could collaborate with Topshop and/or Selfridges to do a photo shoot matching their clothes to your cupcakes.
- 29. Or you could take a street style approach by matching up the well dressed on the street with your cupcakes photographing them on the way.
- 30. You could collaborate with young designers for London Fashion Week to create clothing inspired by your cakes. (These students always get a lot of press).
- 31. Fashion is constantly changing. It is constantly moving forward and creating new styles and looks. By moving with this Lolas will continue to stay fresh.
- 32. Drawing upon fashion will also mean that it will also inevitably inspire and innovate within Lolas. Who knows what fashion will do to the cupcake?
- 33. I hope you find this idea exciting. It has never been done before in your market. It breathes new life into the cupcakes. It has the potential to move and grow in multiple and rich directions. Ultimately, it will ensure that Lolas continues to move forward and adapt in a highly fast-paced and food market both in London at the moment.
View more >