Post on 29-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. PA Licensure in SC
2. LLR Website
- 1. Print form for either permanent or limited licensure
- Limited allows you to work before you have passed the PANCE, but without prescriptive authority.Cost = $25.Must go online and have NCCPA people email/ mail letter of eligibility to take the PANCE to SC BME attn: Brenda Eason
- Permanent -can not be granted until you have passed the PANCE Cost = $102.SC BME must receive notice from NCCPA that you have passed the PANCE
- It costs $102 to upgrade from limited to permanent, so this way can allow you to practice faster for only $25 more.
- Temporary: allows a PA to practice with his supervising physician in the interim before he is able to meet with the board
4. What you will need
- Three letters of reference
- 2 from physicians
- 1 from a PA or other professional
- Copy of Diploma
- NCCPA certificate (for permanent)
- Signatures from ALL your supervising and alternate MDs
- Recent photograph- passport photo best
- Scope of practice guidelines must accompany your application
- Certification of PA school education- to be completed by MUSC, or other PA school office.
- Completed 12 question exam- found in the application.
6. Prescriptive authority
- Physician Assistant Applications
- Prescriptive authority application
- Must also register with DHECandDEA BEFORE you can prescribe any controlled drugs!
- The entire procedure is listed in the Members only section of the SCAPA Website.
7. DHEC Registration
- Application form at:http://www.scdhec.gov/administration/drug_control.htm
- $125 fee
- Expires April 1 stof each year regardless of when you register (read webpage carefully)
8. DEA Registration
- Chose apply for new application for registration online
- DEA -224 form
- Must have your DHEC # before you can complete this application
9. NCCPA Info Release
- To get NCCPA to notify BME of your eligibility to take the exam or your score:
- Go to websitewww.nccpa.net
- Sign in
- Chose Info Release tab
- Chose desired action
- Send info to:
- SC Board of Medical Examiners
- Brenda Eason
- You can actually turn in your limited license application before graduation; it just wont be considered complete until they receive the seal form the school.However, this allows them to get a head start on your application.
- With limited, must get NCCPA to send PANCE exam results to BME before you can upgrade to permanent
- Questions/Problems- Contact BREDNA EASON at SC BME at 803-896-4514
- PLEASE be VERY nice to Ms. Eason as she is a HUGE help to us, and we want only GOOD interactions with the SC BME!
- Once your application is complete Ms. Eason will contact you with the name of the BME interviewer in SC that you and your supervising have to meet with for a personal interview.Then you contact that person to arrange a time.
- If this interview time is not suitable, Ms. Eason can give you the contact #s of other interviewers in the state that you and your supervising could drive to meet to obtain an earlier/more convenient appointment!
- Good luck everyone
- As you go through this process, please be sure to inform the entire class by email if you encounter problems, or even better find solutions!