lean launchpad tucson - what to expect
out of 29
Post on 21-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. An experiment in copying Steve Blank Hands-on Outside the building
- 2. Weekly Topics Typical Agenda Ground Rules What Makes A Good Team Mentors Teams Networking Homework
- 3. 5/19 First Pitches 5/26 Experiment Day 6/2 Customers, Users, Payers 6/9 Value Propositions 6/16 Distribution Channels 6/23 Customer Relationships 6/30 Revenue Models 7/7 Partners 7/14 Key Resources & Costs 7/21 Lessons Learned Presentations
- 4. Pitch Practice Short Topical Lecture Hands-on Exercise(s) Coaching & Mentoring Homework
- 5. Extreme pitch Investors Local government Celebration
- 6. Skills Visionary Hacker Hustler Designer Passion Curiosity Resilience Agility
- 7. Getting to know each other
- 8. Name Business Name What you hope to get out of this class One thing that really upsets you
- 9. 130+ years of experience
- 10. Andrew possesses 30 + years of combined experience as an architect, business and ITconsultant. He combines his experience building collaborative teams with lightweight projectmanagement tools and Building Information Modeling to create and integrated and efficientprocess for building projects.Andrews experience with data and graphic systems began in 1984 at the advent of GIS andbuilding informatics at McDonnell Douglas AEC group. He continued via a consultancyassisting clients like Greiner Engineering (now URS), HNTB Engineering, and Dallas Area RapidTransit System implement advanced systems. Andrew led his firm as an early adopter of Revitin 2000 to advance collaborative practice methods. Currently he is an Adjunct Lecturer at theUniversity of Arizona College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture on topics ofCollaboration, Professional Practice and BIM.At the forefront of integrating professional design with construction and operations, Andrewblends his 30 years of combined architectural, construction and IT experience. He works withprofessionals from research, finance, design, construction, fabrication, maintenance andoperations. Andrew reduced overhead and increased productivity up to 50% at three designfirms by combining BIM and lightweight project management and collaboration as strategicbusiness tools.
- 11. Aaron Eden is the director of Gangplank Tucson, co-founder &CEO of Webglimmer Internet Solutions, founder of Garious andVice President of Atrevete, Inc. For more than 20 years, Aaronhas utilized his passion for innovation, entrepreneurship andcustomer empathy to start over 10 businesses in industriesranging from information technology, real estate, onlinecontinuing education, family entertainment and consulting.In addition to his entrepreneurial ventures, Aaron works as aproduct manager at Intuit, Inc. with specific focus on helpingemployees grow their careers inside the company. Aaron useshis design thinking skills daily to find ways to create innovationsacross the entire enterprise in order to improveproductivity, profits and customer focus company-wide.
- 12. Rick Gibson has had a 34-year career building businesses. He founded and co-founded severalsuccessful technology companies and has advised over (75) others. He is 57-years old. Since2000, Rick has served as Managing Director of HOTventures, a "mentor capital fund" for theSouthwest U.S., which invests in and advises fast-growth companies, specializing inInformation Technology, BioSciences "light", GreenTech and Media. As an investor andentrepreneurial activist, hes totally immersed in early-stage growth companies...finding themand making them great.Rick has been an investor, advisor or board member in: AquariusWater, Avisere, Beamz, CopperKey, Flypaper, Funding Universe, High ThroughputGenomics, HighSpirits, Humshakal/Chakraa, Medipacs, Medsphere, MSDx, Octopi, Regenesis, StrongWatchand World Wide Wheat. He is a limited partner in Solstice Capital II (one of the largest venturecapital funds in Arizona).In Tucson, Rick is on the Executive Board and Screening Committee of the Desert Angels andon the board of UAs Arizona Center for Innovation (AZCI). For several years, was AdjunctInstructor and then Practitioner Faculty for UAs Eller School Entrepreneurship Program, andalso served on the MBA Advisory Council.
- 13. Joann is a successful technology entrepreneur and executive with over 20years experience in leadership, strategic planning, innovation, and newproduct development and commercialization. She is also an award-winningeducator with10 years of experience in higher education as a faculty member,administrator, and education entrepreneur.Prior to assuming leadership of the Arizona Center for Innovation, Joannserved as President of Cortiva Institute, Program Director and Honors Fellowwith the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Arizona,and Vice President for Client Services at the Tucson Technology Incubator. Herstartup portfolio includes website translation, discrete event simulation,software design, network hardware and software, home automation, andstrategy consulting. She has twice been an incubator client.Joann holds an MBA in International Business from Edinburgh University,Scotland.
- 14. Dr. Patrick Marcus is the president of Marcus Engineering, LLC, an electronics engineeringfirm, in Tucson, AZ. His company supports product development, project management andinstrumentation development for a variety of industries with a preferential focus on medicaldevices and medical instrumentation.Dr. Marcus background includes founding and growing high technology companies and he iswell versed in operations, infrastructure development, IT, and managing engineeringorganizations in small companies. He also has extensive experience in electronics, scientificimaging, biotechnology, neuroprosthetics and solar.Patrick teaches, mentors, and servers on advisory boards for the University of Arizona, Collegeof Engineering, Arizona Center for Innovation, and SALSA (Southern Arizona Limb SalvageAlliance) in the Department of Surgery at U of A. Dr. Marcus is passionate about the success ofhis community and enjoys rich involvement in AZBio (Arizona Bioindustry Association), BioSA(Bioindustry Organization of Arizona), AOIA (Arizona Optics Industry Association), and theArizona Technology Council. Patrick is also a proud graduate of the prestigious Flinn /BrownArizona Civic Leadership Academy and is a member of SALC (Southern ArizonaLeadership Council)
- 15. Justin Williams is founder of StartupTucson.com and a PhD candidate in the MIS Departmentof the UA Eller College of Management. Justin also serves as Executive Emeritus with theArizona Technology Council. He joined the Council and established the Tucson office as partof its 2008 merger with AMIT Tucsons Aerospace, Manufacturing and InformationTechnology Cluster, where he served as founder and Executive Director since 2005.Prior to his tenure with the Council, Justin worked for over 10 years with high-tech firms inSouthern Arizona including Electronic Data Systems, Intuit, and Ventana Medical Systems. Hehas worked with numerous small technology companies helping to commercialize universityresearch including Ridgetop Group, Ardext Technologies and Selectioneering.Justin obtained a certificate from the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship in May of 2000.He was graduated from the University of Arizona in December 2000 with a B.S. in SystemsEngineering and in 2003 with an M.B.A. in Marketing and Finance.Justin currently serves on the industry advisory board for both the UA College of Engineering.In 2011, Justin was named as one of Tucsons 40-Under-40 by the Arizona Daily Star. Hesbeen married to his wife Dawn for 13 years and is a father to his 4 year son J.J.
- 16. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @AaronEden Cell: 520-360-7193
- 17. Read pages 22-84 of Startup Owners Manual Read pages 14-49 of Business ModelGeneration Review i-Corps team presentations First draft of your business model canvas 3 minute presentation of BMC
View more >
Texas Instruments LaunchPad Ecosystem ?· Texas Instruments LaunchPad Ecosystem ... •HW Debugger ...…
2016-03-07 Hyundai ?· Tucson Tucson Premium Tucson Premium Tucson Elite Tucson Executive Tucson Elite…
Tucson - Hyundai South ??Tucson Premium 2016 Tucson Premium 2016 Tucson Elite 2016 Tucson Executive 2016 Tucson Elite DCT 2016 Tucson Executive 2016 Tucson Elite 2016