Leadership Ms. Morris. Objectives Discuss leadership List traits of effective leaders Explain leadership style Name three misunderstandings about leadership.
Post on 21-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Leadership Ms. Morris
- Slide 2
- Objectives Discuss leadership List traits of effective leaders Explain leadership style Name three misunderstandings about leadership Contrast leadership with power and management
- Slide 3
- Leadership Leadership is a relationship where influence is given to meet individual or group goals
- Slide 4
- Leader - person who helps an individual or a group of individuals in achieving their goals Does not always have to be an elected leader May be an active leader of the group Follower - individual who follows the ideas, goals, or tasks of a leader
- Slide 5
- REMEMBER If there are no followers, there are no leaders
- Slide 6
- Traits of Effective Leaders Know strengths and weaknesses Hard working Self confidant Speak effectively in front of people Follow directions Think logically Make decisions Solve problems Trustworthy Listen effectively Understand the needs of others Respect people of other backgrounds
- Slide 7
- Leadership Styles Autocratic Style Laissez-faire Style Democratic Style
- Slide 8
- Autocratic Style Directive Makes decisions for an individual or group Does not mean the leader is coercive or a dictator Usually provides direction and make decisions
- Slide 9
- Laissez-faire Style Gives others a major role in making decisions Recognize that involving group in the decision-making process is important Often realize that group members are in a better position to make a decision
- Slide 10
- Democratic Style Style between autocratic and laissez-faire Democratic leaders recognize the importance of participation by members, but retain part of the decision-making responsibility
- Slide 11
- Six Misconceptions Leaders are born, not made Leadership comes from positions in the group Leaders make all decisions for the group All leaders are popular and charismatic Leadership is power Leadership is management
View more >
EFFECT OF LEADERSHIP STYLE ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE . Key Words: leadership style, ... charismatic leadership, transactional leadership, transformational leadership, visionary ... Effective leadership and employee job satisfaction are two factors that have been ...
Fundamentals of Leadership LtCol J.G. Davidson AGENDA Primary Objectives of Leadership 14 Leadership Traits Leadership Principles Leadership Styles What.
LEADERSHIP STYLES Amir Akbar. LEADERSHIP CONTINUUM Classical Leadership Style Leadership behavior can be classified in terms of how much involvement leaders.
The impact of transformational leadership style on ... impact of transformational leadership style ... and describe the impact of transformational leadership on ... leadership theory. Transactional leaders ...
THE DETERMINANTS OF EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP STYLE STYLE.pdfVarious studies conducted on leadership styles identified three basic styles, namely: ... 2.7 Determinants of effective leadership style - - - - 19
Leadership Style What is Leadership Style? What is Leadership Style? Sources of your leadership style? Sources of your leadership style? You: your personality.
1. Leaving a Legacy Learning Objectives Review Leadership Lessons Review 5 Traits of Good Leaders Learn Greatest Leadership Secret.
DEFINITION OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ROLES OF A LEADER FACTORS OF LEADERSHIP PRINCIPLES OF LEADERSHIP LEADERSHIP TRAITS.
Transactional Leadership THE TRANSACTIONAL – TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP TYPOLOGY AND TRAITS OF TRANSACTIONAL LEADERS.
The Air Force Leader 1. Overview Leadership Defined Traits of Effective Leaders Responsibilities of Effective Leaders Preview of Leadership Topics 2.
A Toolkit for Volunteer Leaders Leadership Toolkit for Volunteer Leaders Leadership ... non-directive leadership. Leadership will be most effective if a leader can look at a situation, decide what style of
Defining Leadership. Leadership What is leadership? Essential leadership traits and skills Characteristics of leadership What leaders are successful?