Post on 02-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONReport on Jesus' Last Supper with His Disciples
- 1. JESUS LAST SUPPER WITH HIS DISCIPLES LAST SUPPER; TODAYS EURCHARIST Michael Server Patricia Javar Adriane Nava Alexa Gutierrez Ronald Espinosa Danielle Viola
- What is a PASSOVER MEAL?
- Is a family meal often celebrated by family members whose main presider is the father of the family.
- The LAST SUPPER was named __________.
- The New Passover
- What are the SYNOPTICS?
- Matthew, Mark, and Luke.
- What is the most important FEAST in Jewish tradition?
- The Passover Meal.
- The very FIRST MASS ever celebrated is?
- - The Last Supper.
- 3. WHAT IS THE LAST SUPPER?
- 4. THE LAST SUPPER WAS A PASSOVER MEAL
- Passover Meal
- A Passover meal is a family meal , and a joyful celebration . It celebrates the liberation from the Egyptians in the time of Moses. It is celebrated with family.
- The Synoptics (Such as the book of Mark ) discuss the process of Passover.
- (Mark 14:12) And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
- 5. THE PASSOVER
- 6. FEAST PREPARATION
- MATZO (Unleveled Bread)
- Eaten to remember the Israelites time of Exodus , where they did not add yeast to their bread.
- THREE MATZAS: The Holy Trinity ( FATHER, SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT)
- BITTER HERBS
- Eaten to remind them of the bitterness of slavery .
- Foreshadows Jesus Christ
- THE CHOSEN PURE LAMB: Jesus as the CHOSEN ONE .
- SACRIFICING THE LAMB: Crucifixion of Jesus, SACRIFICING HIMSELF FOR GOD .
- 4 glasses of wine to symbolized the 4 times God promised his people freedom and joy.
- 7. PASSOVER FEAST
- 8. THE NEW PASSOVER MEAL THE LAST SUPPER
- 9. THE LAST SUPPER WAS NAMED AS THE NEW PASSOVER. IT WAS A MILESTONE IN CATHOLIC HISTORY BECOMING THE FIRST MASS
- 10. LUKE 22:7-23 Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover. Where do you want us to prepare for it? they asked. He replied, As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, and say to the owner of the house, The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples? He will show you a large room upstairs, all furnished. Make preparations there. They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover. When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. And he said to them, I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God. After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes. And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me. In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table. The Son of Man will go as it has been decreed. But woe to that man who betrays him! They began to question among themselves which of them it might be who would do this.
- 11. THE HOLY EUCHARIST AND THE LAST SUPPER
- 12. THE LAST SUPPER AND MASS
- THE LAST SUPPER WAS KNOWN AS THE FIRST MASS, AND ITS TRADITIONS ARE STILL CARRIED ON TODAY .
- Jesus solemn actions are still alive in the Catholic church today.
- THE SOLEMN ACTIONS
- He TOOK the bread- Presentation of gifts
- BLESSED it- Eucharistic prayer
- BROKE it- Breaking of the bread
- and GAVE it to his disciples-Communion
- BREAD AND WINE
- BREAD : Staff of Human Life
- Symbolic for purity and newness
- A symbol of the Torah, the Rule , or Gods Law .
- In the Old Testament, it was used to gladden mens hearts; to make them joyful.
- Related to Israel; where Yaweh (God) planted vines with choice grapes.
- 13. THE LAST SUPPER AND COMMUNION
- JESUS WORDS FROM THE LAST SUPPER ARE STILL CARRIED ON TODAY AS PART OF COMMUNION.
- This is my body : Jesus identified Himself with the bread that is to be shared by all.
- This is my blood : He was giving up His life on the cross for the sake of many people.
- Blood gives life to human beings.
- Therefore, when He offered His blood, He desired life for us all.
- The early community of faith used the words and gestures of Jesus to remind them of His self offering, His memory and His love and to pass this beautiful memory to the present generations and the generations to come.
- Do this in memory of me
- not looking backward to recall past events, but rather a making present the great acts of the past which God had worked.
- Do this to remember me
- Challenges the faithful to make Christ present today.
- The Mass or the Holy Eucharist has been deemed to be the highest form of worship by the Catholic faithful. Let us then enjoy some of its effects to us by responding faithfully to the mandates of Christ for us.
- Pray and be united with Christ through the Eucharist
- Accept Christs challenge Do this to remember Me
- Be reconciled
- Be proclaimers of Christs words and deeds.
- Christs statement Do this to remember me does mean to participate in the mass everyday. It has to be clear that He wanted to be remembered in the hearts of persons who love and understand each other. In this way, the spririt of the LAST SUPPER truly happens today.
15. Last Try!
- STUCTURE OF THE EUCHARISTIC CELEBRATION
- Introductory Rites
- Liturgy of The Word
- Liturgy of The Eucharist
- Communion Rite
- Concluding Rites
View more >