laser acne skin rejuvenation facials - pre- acne skin rejuvenation facials - pre-treatment 1. ......
Post on 10-Apr-2018
Embed Size (px)
LASER ACNE & SKIN REJUVENATION FACIALS - Pre-Treatment
1. You may be asked to stop any topical medications or skin care products 3-5 days prior to start of your first full treatment including Retin A and Tretinoin.
2. RECENTLY TANNED SKIN CANNOT BE TREATED! If treated within 4 weeks of active (natural sunlight or tanning bed tanning, you may develop hyper/hypo-pigmentation (dark or light spots) after treatment and this may not clear for 2-3 months or longer. Hyperpigmentation of the skin may be permanent.
3. We recommend waiting 2 weeks following antibiotics before treatment. If you start an antibiotic, please speak with one of the nurses prior to any treatment.
LASER ACNE & SKIN REJUVENATION FACIALS - Post-Treatment
1. Immediately after treatment, there may be mild erythema (redness) and mild edema (swelling) at the treatment site which may last 20 minutes to 2 hours and can last up to 2-3 days. The treated area may feel like a mild sunburn for a few hours after treatment.
2. Immediately after treatment, you will be asked to apply sunscreen.
3. Avoid Sun Exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation.
4. Use SPF30+ (UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum with a physical barrier) at all times throughout the course of your treatment. We recommend Elta MD.
5. It is recommended that you do NOT apply any cosmeceuticals (acne treatments, makeup, etc.) to the treated area for 48 hours. If you must apply makeup, wait at least 30 minutes following treatment.
6. There are no restrictions on bathing. Treat the skin gently, as if you had a sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
7. If you experience increased discomfort, swelling or blistering, or if you have any questions, please call us at 505-888-1185.