kalayaan celebrates its 35th founding anniversary
Post on 31-Dec-2016
Embed Size (px)
Kalayaan Celebrates its 35th Founding Anniversary
by: Cha T. Magdayao
Mayor Jun Bito-onon as he delivers his welcome address during the Opening of the 35th Founding Anniversary of the Municipality
Salute to Tomas Cloma and former President Ferdinand E. Marcos! For without Clomas exploration and effective oc-cupation in 1947 and Marcos issuance of PD 1596 on June 11, 1978, Ka-layaan may not be part of the Philip-pine territory. The successful conduct of various activities had opened the avenue of friendship, camaraderie, enjoyment and assessment of what been accomplished by todays admin-istration. The theme Kalayaan @ 35: matuwid na pamahalaan, matatag na bayan, masiglang pamayanan had showcase what is the present status of Kalayaan in terms of how it operates as an administrative unit, and how could the community be described.
1. With the conduct of turn-over ceremonies of the newly-rehabi-lated Municipal Hall and Munic-ipal Disaster Operation Center, the newly-constructed Municipal Engineering/warehouse building, newly-completed installation of solar street lights has proved that government funds are used to bring infrastructure development in Pag-asa that would improve ser-vice delivery of the government;
2. Dialogue with the residents of Pag-asa with the Municipal may-or together with the department heads resolved the issues and concern about utilities, basic ser-vices , housing, and other issues regarding labor and employment;
3. The 1st ever commencement ex-
ercises of Pag-asa Elementary School was a historical landmark. It will prove to the world the ex-ercise o f sovereignty over the Philippine territory. Four kinder-garten were confirmed graduates.
4. The groundbreaking ceremo-ny for the construction of el-ementary school building, a project donation of Ten-moves Foundation acquired through WESCOM Commander LTGen Juancho M Sabban had assured the schoolchildren that they will have their home to learn and to becoming successful graduates of the first ever ele-mentary school in the Spratlys;
5. The conduct of sports activities such as basketball, billiard, ta-ble tennis, volleyball brought more excitement to the resi-dents, employees and military personnel as they participate and partake the prizes at stake;
6. GAD-initiated activities such as Gupit and manicure training sem-inar, orientation on basic herbal medicines, and organization of womens association had im-proved the awareness of the wom-en residents about the services of the government by making them (See page 2 / Kalayaan.)
Volume 1 Issue No. 2013-01 June 2013
Kalayaan... from page 1
partners of development;7. The CapDev Workshop conduct-
ed to island-based COS revealed attitude problems among them towards work and responsibil-ities, lacking office tools, ma-terials, equipment and system operation. Water, power, hauling equipment and communication system are among the major problems that are currently ex-perienced. During the objective tree analysis, it was found out that almost all of the priorities or major problems identified have been addressed already under the 2013 annual investment plan;
8. Orientation on Batas Pambansa or the Omnibus Election Code was very timely. Participants were able to understand the prohib-ited acts during election period and the corresponding penalties;
9. Public hearing on the Revised revenue code and the Citizens charter was used as a tool to get the publics view on the proposed code and charter;
10. To equip the residents with knowledge and consciousness on disaster preparedness, basic life support and first aid and water safety orientation were conduct-ed. The MDRRM office also fa-cilitated the conduct of the first triathlon challenge in the island;
11. Team building activities were conducted that made the anniver-sary more fun and enjoyable. The first ever amazing race challenged group efforts to participants to finish the race made of both mind and physical challenges. Cheer-dance competition likewise tested the capability of the group to pre-pare coordinated works and dance steps, and lastly, individuals and groups were given opportunity to
showcase their talents with priz-es at stake during the Kalayaan Got Talent Season 2 Edition.;
12. Four couples officially received the blessing of matrimony. The first Kasalang Bayan solem-nized by the Municipal Mayor;
13. The success of peaceful elec-tion is also among the reasons to celebrate the 35th foundation year of the Municipality. People were gathered at night of May 14, 2013. Dinner was served before the Cheerdance competition, fol-lowed by the awarding ceremony. Winners of different sports and team-building activities received their cash prizes from the Honor-able Mayor Euegnio B. Bito-onon, Jr. As per election results he has to served for another three years.
Got Talent... from page 4
Prize na nagkakahalaga ng Dalawang Libong Piso. Tunay nga na mas lalo pang pinaganda at pinaghandaan ang KGT Season 2 ng mga kalahok dahil sa ibat-ibang talento na ipinamalas nila. Napagkasunduan naman ng management ang lalo pang pagpapa-ganda at paghahanda para sa KGT Season 3 na inaasahan ang mas main-it na labanan ng mga contestants.
Ang Kalayaan Got Talent Show ng Munisipyo ng Kalayaan ay nagsimula noong June 2012 sa Isla Pag-asa, Kalayaan. Ang kau-na-unahang nagwagi sa talent show na ito ay sina Mr. Louie Tabangay at Mr. Ryan Generato
The Judges (KGT Season 2)Hon. JB Bito-onon
Pink Team tinanghal na kampeon sa Basketball Competition
Hindi kumpleto ang pagdiriwang pag walang basketbol. At syempre hindi rin mas-aya ang laro pag walang kantyawan, salamat naman at walang pikunan na totohanan!
by: Cha T. Magdayao
Pink Team in action during their basketball against the Blue Team Pink Team receive their cash prize during the Award-ing Rites at the closing of 35th Founding Annniversary
Sa pagbubukas ng sports competition ay bida ang basketbol. Apat na grupo ang naglaban-laban. Naunang makuha ang ikahuling pwesto ng Green team sa ilalim ni Coach Lt. Cedeo. Nasa iaktlong pwesto naman ang blue team ni Coach Admin MJorge Misajon. Para malaman kung sino ang karapat na maging kampe-on, ay naganap ang final match sa pagitan ng lavender team na pinangungunahan ng playing Coach na si Engr. Arnel Esller at ng Pink team ni Coach Japoy Esller noong ika-12 ng Mayo. Dumadagondong ang hiyawan sa dami ng supporters at fans ng lavender team ngunit nanatiling underdog ang pink team. Maagang na-penal-ty ang kupunan ng lavender team na sinamantala naman ng pink team upang maisagawa ang mga fast break plays. Hindi nagkaron ng pagkakataon Si BJ Piring, Juanito Camo at Judy Masagnay na pigilan sa pag score sina Mewin Dela Torre, at Gng. Nangit ng Philippine Navy. Sa score na 66 at 69 ay tinanghal na kampeon ang ku-punan ng Pink.. Naipanalo ng batang Esller ang kanyang kupunan. Ang Pink Team ay tumanggap ng premyong nagkakahalaga ng tatlong libong piso. Ang Pink Team din tinanghal na kampeon sa cheerdance competition.
LT Janjoe SaquibanEngr. Arnel V. Esller
Ms. Dina M. BalofiosMs. Ma. Carmela Bundal
The HostMs. Cha Magdayao
Bagong Engineering Warehouse pinasinayaanby: Mark Ryan Tolosa
Si Engr. Arnel V. Esller, Municipal Engi-neer ng Munisipyo, ang nanguna sa pag-papasinaya ng bagong Engineering Ware-house sa Bgy. Pag-asa, Kalayaan, Palawan. Photo by: Documentation Committeee
Kasabay ng pagdiri-wang ng ika-35 anibersaryo ng Kalayaan ay ang pagpapasinaya ng Municipal Engineering Build-ing/warehouse na nagkakahala-ga ng P1.250 milyong piso. Ito ang kauna-unahang konkretong gusali na naitayo sa Munisipyo
na pinondohan ng pamahalaang bayan mula sa tinatawag na 20% Development Fund. Naitayo ang
nasabing gusali sa pamamagitan ng Municipal Engineering Office na pinamumunuan ni Engr. Arnel V. Esller. Ayon kay Engr. Esller, kundi dahil sa konstruksyon ay matagal na sanang nakumpleto ang nasabing proyekto. Gayunpaman, maituturing na malaking accom-plishment ito para sa opisina ng engineering dahil ito ang magsis-ilbing kanlungan ng mga kagami-tang (See page 5 / Engineering...)
Ang Alamat ng Saging
by: Dianne Melanie W. Pesito
Sa isla kapag ikaw ay pumunta, malalayo ka sa iyong pamilya.
Makararanas ng lungkot, minsan ikaw ay nag-iisa
Kung ikaw ay nababagot at wala talagang magawa
May isang lugar na sa palagay ko ikaw ay mapapasaya.
Sa lugar na ito ay may mga saging na nakatanim
Na kahit wala itong gawin, mapa-patawa ka nang nag dadaing
Dahil sa karatulang nasa saging, tiyak mawawala ang iyong
from page 7 / Mayor Jb...
Sa susunod na tatlong taon ng kanyang muling panunungku-lan ay marami pa ang inaasahan kabilang na dito ang partisipasyon at pangunguna sa pananatil-ing pagkakatayo ng bandila ng Pilipinas sa kabila ng hamon sa kasalukuyang henerasyon.
Kauna-unahang Amazing Race dumag-dag kulay sa ika-35 anibersaryo ng Kalayaan
by: Judith A. Macmac
Tagisan ng diskarte, lakas at teamwork! ito ang hamon ng kauna-unahang Amaz-ing Race na nilahukan ng mga grupo ng lavender team na pinan-gunahan ni Sgt. Lloyd Calvo, Pink Team ni Japoy Esller, Blue Team ni A1C Jassany Manongcarang, Green Team ni LT Edward Cede-no. Sa gitna ng napakalak-as na buhos ng ulan ay sinimulan ang kumpetisyon sa pamamagitan ng chant ng magkakatunggaling grupo. Sa pamamagitan ng ma-susing pagsunod sa mga panuto at matagumpay na pagsasagawa nito ay naghihintay ang kasunod na pagsubok upang matagumpay na matapos ang walong mga challeng-es na sumusukat sa pisikal at men-tal na galing at diskarte. Ang mga masayang panoorin ay ang paghu-li ng kambing habang nakatali sa bawat isa, pagpapatulay ng bola sa kawayan, pagpap