jon's blt guide - linkedin
Post on 22-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
Linked...Jons guide to
optimising your LinkedIn profile
Why optimize your profile?Increase the traffic your professional website receives from search enginesLinking company websites to employees LinkedIn profile improves page rank and search engine rankBecome indexed/listed in search engines, build your own brand.
What steps can you take to optimise your profile?
Heres what you can do...Enrich your profile with relevant keywordsMake sure you make full use of your professional headlineCreate a unique URL for yourselfCreate unique and dynamic anchor links to your websiteAnswer questions and partake in discussions
1. improve your profile with keywordsInclude true to life information about yourself, leveraging the SEO keywords your team is using.
DescriptionCurrentSummarySpecialities1. Enrich your profile with keywordsProfile Edit profileSmall edit buttonFill out as much as possible, focus key words in the following sections:
1. Enrich your profile with keywords
2. make full use of your professional headlineProfile Edit profileCurrent
2. make full use of your professional headline
screenshotsInstead of something basic like:
3. Create a unique URLThis makes it more likely for your profile to show up in a search for your nameHow?
3. Create a unique URLProfile Edit profileChange public profileEdit public profile urlChange to your nameSet address
3. Create a unique URLYou can see how:Is easier to find/write than:
4. Create custom anchor linksRather than generic my website name. Create custom text anchor linksGoogle will think your page is a good match for these words when searched.How?
4. Create custom anchor linksProfile Edit profileScroll to website EditDrop down other fill out keywords then enter url
4. Create custom anchor links
5. Answer questionsAs well as building your professional reputation and credibility. Answering questions increases direct links to your profile. Strengthening visibility
5. Answer questionsMore Answers Browse then answer. Simples
More tipsKeep building connectionsParticipate in discussionsLink other social sites to your profileRequest recommendations
This will all improve your visibility online