Post on 11-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONJob readiness - Life Skills
- 1. ABC 2 TOJOB READINESS
- A = ATTITUDE
- B =BEHAVIOUR
- C= CHARACTER GROWTH
- C= CULTIVATION OF LIFESKILLS
- Self-evaluation and Goal Setting
- Problem Resolving
- Self Discipline
- Career Management
- Customer Service
- Value-added Employee Contribution
- Stress Management
ABC 2 TOJOB READINESS 3. A=ATTITUDE
- Beingpositiveorassertiveis expressing ones needs, desires and feelings in a manner that is honest, open, appropriate and direct. POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Attitudecan make all the difference to a successful and fulfilling career and life!
- Attitudebreeds self-esteem and confidence!
- Attitudedetermines our approach to our careers and life!
- Attitudeallows anyone to steer a ship but it takes a Visionary to chart the course!
- Attitudedetermines our relationship with the key to understanding people!
- Attitudeis often the difference between success and failure!
- Attitudedrives activity which does not always equal accomplishment!
- Attitudetowards a task can affect a successful outcome!
- Attitudecan turn problems into Blessings!
- Attitudecan reward us with a Pronounced Positive Perspective!
- People who compromise their values compromise their goals !
- People naturally follow others stronger than themselves!
- People see what people do!
- The measure of a person is what they do with their power!
- Stay focused with your mission and stay flexible with your methods!
- Remember you will Bruise before you Cruise!
- Never prioritise your schedule rather schedule your priorities!
- Ignore previous trophies, just focus on future goals!
- Plan Ahead and Stay Positive: P= Predetermine course of actionA= Allow time for acceptance L= Lay out goals. H= Head into action A= Adjust priorities. E= Expect problemsN= Notify people in your lifeA= Always re-visit successes D= Review progress daily
- Self-motivation minus Organization = Frustration!
- Play to your Strengths (70%), Areas of improvement (25%), and only 5% to Areas of weaknesses!
- Positive people See it, Say it and Show it before they Seize it!
- Remain positive as this allows us to do what is right even if difficult!
- Positive people exhibit: Passion plus clear Vision = Focused Action!
- Positive people exhibit Confidence, Conviction, Connection and Compassion!
- Positive people see the glass as being half Full, not half Empty!
- What the mind of man can Conceive and Believe it can Achieve!
- We are as Powerful as our Thoughts allow us to be!
- HUMBLE ATTITUDE Begins with Knowledge, moves to Understanding but results in Application
- When we remain humble we can always learn to progress and develop.
- Cure any reluctance to learn stop Training and your DevelopmentReverses.
- Trade in your pride and just admit you do not know everything!
- Remain open and teachable as this stimulates us to grow and achievemore.
- Character begins at Home then goes Public.
- Outward Public reform begins with Inward personal renewal!
- Control your tongue, listen and you will control your life!
- Do not go until you know Listening always precedes Speaking!
- To connect with hearts use your ears.
- Firstly learn it, then live it and finally, loan it!
- HUMBLE ATTITUDE
- Successful people remain teachable But choose their counsellorswisely!
- Travel on the inside first!
- Success only comes after being a good follower!
- Only with humility can we serve others No task is too small and we never stop learning!
- You can be robbed of your possessions, but never of your Knowledge!
- A hunger for knowledge is a pre-requisite for success!
- To admit that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge!
- PASSIONATE ATTITUDE
- Develop a sense of Destiny, Family Responsibility and Determination to pay the price to get the job done!
- Touch a Heart before asking for a Hand!
- Passion accelerates our achievements and as it increases willpower,changes us and makes the impossible happen!
- The process of passion :
- Perceive a need!
- Possess a gift!
- Parade your passion!
- Pursue your passion!
- Persuade others with emotion!
- When your Passion helps you Connect with Individuals you Gain
- the attention of the Crowd!
- Passionate people share their Hearts, Wisdom and Resources.
A=ATTITUDE 9. B=BEHAVIOUR ASSERTIVE/OBJECTIVE BEHAVIOUR
- Assertive Behaviour Respects the Rights and Values of OthersWithout Sacrificing ones own Rights in Return
- A bright and promising future motivates us faster than a fond andmemorable past!
- Testing times always precede promotion and promotion demandssacrifice! Sacrifice = we give up to get it right!
- Thetruth of our Commitment is Action!
- Most people need a catalyst before they do anything risky!
- Self-motivation comes before Mobilisation!
- The greater the Preparation, the easier the Motivation and achievement of your goal!
- Commitment separates the doers from the dreamers!
- People whothink biginclude others in the mix!
- Visionis essential You cant Seize what you cant See!
- People only do what youInspectnot what youExpect !
- People prefer to See than just to Hear Actionsspeak louder than words!
- Objectivepeople are not satisfied with todays results and keep onimproving !
- Achievers do not allowcompromiseto dilute their cause!
- Perseveranceis essential to finish well!
- An early fall-out often occurs before the real battle begins!
- Achieversknow it is easier to drift when there is economic stability!
- Ignore short cuts everything valuable has a price!
- The law of legacy:Success without a successor means failure !
- Partnershipsallow us to achieve much more!
- Ambitiouspeople evaluate quickly,realisepossible solutions to achieve buy-in and thenimplementchange!
- The measure of ourCommitmentisAction !
- Freedomlies in being Bold!
- Assertivepeople areCommittednot just Involved. Remember eggs and bacon
- (The chicken was just involved but the pig was definitely committed).
B=BEHAVIOUR ASSERTIVE/OBJECTIVE BEHAVIOUR 11.
- CHARACTER : (Develops daily, not just in a day)
- How we deal successfully with life circumstances as we grow and develop
- The Pillars of a Good Character :
- Handles adversity head-on withCourage !
- Contributes much more than talk through effectiveCommunication !
- Talent is a gift remember!
- Evolves as aChoice !
- Enjoys lasting success with people viaInfluence !
- Lastingcommitmentto Friends Healthy and Proven Beliefs!
- Followsmoralandethicallifestyle compliant with Truth and Regulations!
- EarnsCreditability !
- HarboursRespect !
- Earnstrustthrough sharing risks!
- CreatesConsistencyandProvisionfor others!
- Depth of character determines level ofAmbitionandSuccess !
- Recognisedas a Solid Citizen andProvider
- COURAGE Courage and Cowardice are both contagious!
- WithoutCourageit does not matter how good your intentions are!
- OnlyCouragewill allow you to do what you are afraid of doing.
- Couragemakes people uphold justice not distort it.
- WithoutCouragewe are slaves to our own Insecurity and possessiveness.
- Courageelicits commitment.