jaguar land rover: an overview
out of 32
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis document is designed to provide you with an overview of the Jaguar Land Rover Group and an insight into the global Jaguar brand.
- Jaguar Land Rover:An overviewNovember 2010 Ventura blvd.
- ContentsJaguar Land Rover Group Current CommunicationOverview 04 Agency relationships 22Philosophy 05 Advertising 23Global network 06 Digital 24Financial information 07 Social Media 25Key people 08 Sponsorship 26Brand & product framework 09 Environment 27The Jaguar Brand AppendixHeritage 11 Media coverage 29Current line-up 13 Bibliography and links 30 About William 31The MarketplaceCompetitive landscape 16Comparative sales figures 17-19
- Jaguar Land Rover Group
- JLR Group: Overview Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) is a business built around two great British car brands that design, engineer and manufacture in the UK. Jaguar, founded in 1922, is one of the worlds premier manufacturers of luxury sports saloons and sports cars. Land Rover is a world- renowned manufacturer of premium 4x4s based in the UK. JLR is owned by the Indian firm, TATA Group, who bought the firm from the Ford Motor Company in 2008 for a reported $2.5bn. Employing nearly 15,000 people with a large manufacturing base and headquarters in the Midlands, JLR is an employer of choice supporting a large number of supplier organisations across the UK and Europe. At present all Jaguar and Land Rover models are built in the UK (with the exception of the left-hand-drive Land Rover Defender which is produced in Spain). JLR operates a complex and costly export model to distribute products to markets across the world. Because of this TATA announced in May this year it has plans to open a Chinese manufacturing plant for Jaguar Land Rover.
- Our philosophy is about creating cars that are as great as they possibly can be. This ethos extends to our people. From the heart of our engineering operations to the glamour of our showrooms, our people are at the heart of our success and its their ideas, beliefs and ambitions that truly drive us. Jaguar Land Rover Careers
- JLR Group: A global network Jaguar Land Rover operates in 172 countries 2,238 franchised dealers globally 153,247 vehicles sold last year
- JLR Group: TATA Motors financials Revenue Quarter ending June 2010: 2.26bn Quarter Profit: 399m (Boosted heavily by Jaguar Land Rover sales)
- JLR Group: Key peopleTATA Mike Wright Kenneth Gregor Carl-Peter Forster Executive Director CFO CEO Jaguar Land Rover Jaguar Land Rover TATA Motors Jeremy Vincent David Betteley CIO Director of Financial ServicesJLR Group Jaguar Land Rover Jaguar Land Rover Phil Popham Des Thurlby Phil Hodgkinson Director of Global Sales & Opps, HR Director Director of Product Dev. Jaguar Land Rover Jaguar Land Rover Jaguar Land Rover Mike ODriscoll Colin Green Managing Director Managing Director Jaguar Land Rover Ian Callum Adrian Hallmark John Edwards Design Director Global Brand Director Global Brand Director Jaguar Jaguar Land Rover Jonathan Carrier Victoria Morris Gerry McGovern Global Product Strategy & Global Comms Director Design Director Market Research Manager Jaguar Land Rover Jaguar
- JLR Group: Brand & Product Framework XF XFR Saloon High-performance Saloon Freelander Range Rover Evoque Compact 4x4 Out 2011 XK XKR Coupe & Convertible High-performance Coupe & Discovery Range Rover Sport Convertible Midsize 4x4 Luxury Midsize 4x4 XJ XJR Flagship Luxury Saloon Out 2011 Defender Range Rover 4x4 Flagship Luxury 4x4
- The Jaguar brand
- The Jaguar brand: Heritage Jaguar is a British car brand that operates on a global scale. Encompassing a rich history in motorsport and in popular culture, Jaguar is considered by many to be quintessentially British. Founded in the 20s, Jaguar is marks its 75th anniversary this year. Its likely Jaguars British image stems from a long-standing relationship with both the Royal Family and the British Government. The XJ model in particular, has long being a favourite of British politicians, with current Prime Minister, David Cameron most recently taking delivery of the all new XJ.
- Where Jaguar sat in the 60s with its purity and beauty, the world today is visually very aggressive - Jaguar cant afford to be too subtle. Ian Callum, Jaguar Design Director
- The Jaguar brand: Current product range Award-winning sporty saloon, High performance coupe and Luxury flagship saloon, starting starting from 29,900 convertible starting at 62,500 from 53,900
- With 22,000 XFs on theroad in the UK, thegrowing popularity speaksfor itself at the end of2009 our order book wasnearly full with customerswanting an XF. Jaguar UK
- The Marketplace
- The Marketplace: Competitive LandscapeLocal Domestic Brands The Incumbent RivalsIn the US, Jaguar faces some competition Jaguars closest rivals bothfrom domestic premium brands including on price and product areFords Lincoln and GMs Cadillac. German brands BMW, Mercedes and Audi, competing on a global scale.The Challenger Brands Super Luxury British BrandsJaguar faces increased pressure from newer luxury In terms of brand image and positioning,brands from Toyota, Nissan and Honda who undercut Jaguar also competes with more high-endon price and exceed in reliability surveys. Lexus and British luxury brands such as Bentley, AstonInfiniti are particularly prevalent in the US and Russian Martin and Rolls-Royce.markets, and Nissans Infiniti brand has recentlylaunched in the UK and Europe.
- The Marketplace: Quality, not quantity in UK? Jaguar may have the smallest monthly sales figures, 2,929 but they have the smallest product range but command the highest average price. 15,889 14,426 18,673 0 5,000 10,000 15,000 UK Sales Figures (September 2010) Source: SMMT
- The Marketplace: Sales weaker in the U.S. 1,295 8,128 19,076 19,272 0 5,000 10,000 15,000 U.S. Sales Figures (October 2010) Source: SMMT
- The Marketplace: Sales growing rapidly in China up 129% up 45% xxx up 177% xxx up 38% Source: Reuters
- We believe that as the society here matures, the Chinese luxury market has a very bright future. Lorenz Glaab, Jaguar China
- Current communication
- Current communication:Agency relationshipsGlobal ATL advertising agency Media planning, buying & sponsorshipEuro RSCG won the global Jaguar account from Most recently implemented Sky cricketY&R in 2005. The account is run from both London sponsorshipand New York and covers the European and NorthAmerican markets.DM & BTL agencyWunderman provides for the strategic developmenta
View more >