its shawn's pursuit of happiness
out of 12
Post on 30-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is my PowerPoint on my Pursuit of Happiness.
- The author of the Declaration of Independence is Thomas Jefferson. He got all of his inspirations from the Enlightenment Period, with Johne Locke. Being one of the authors of the Declaration of Independence, he also became the Third President of the United States of America.
- The Pursuit of Happiness is based on the writings of the English philosopher Johne Locke, who expressed that no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions.
- To me, the Pursuit of Happiness means the journey that one takes to get to their goals in life.
- As of right now, Im going to Calvine High School. It seems pretty good to me. The students seem pretty cool. The teachers are really cool. Theyre laid back. They have a closer bond to their students, especially since there arent almost 40 students to one classroom. They classes arent 90 minutes like all the other schools, so it makes it easier for students to concentrate on their work and what the teacher has to say.
- There are multiple things that I like to do. On some of my spare time, I love to play Guitar Hero. In fact, Ive gotten too much free time, since I can get a 97% or higher on ever song. Officially, no life.
- On other times, I do a lot of drawing and listening to music. Art is a way to express ones self without words, but to be able to bring it to life. I can describe something to you, yes, but if I were to draw it, youd have a better understanding of what I would be saying, and I love to do things like that. Its a stress reliever for me, and a passion. I find that the best time to express myself is when its raining outside, and Im listening to classical music. I have nothing and nobody to bother me, I get a sea of ideas flowing through my head, and its when I can get most of my work done.
- I would have to say that the best thing about me would have to be my since of humor.
- If I was to run for president, my first concern would probably be health care. Why cant we be like England and make everyone have it, for free?! It just makes no sense to me.
- I would say that the most important individual right would be theFourth Amendment: Protection from unreasonable search and seizure .
- The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
- Citizens should work towards the bettering their community through economic participations, public service, volunteer work, and other such efforts to improve life for their families, and other citizens.
- People can make the world a better place, by actually trying to save the economy instead of complaining about it, helping the environment, again instead of complaining, and helping others more often that need it.
- In five years, I see myself in a nice restaurant, going towards being a head chef. I want to be big in the culinary world, but not to famous to where it goes to my head. The only way I can get there is by working hard and pushing myself further than I ever have.
View more >
and the Pursuit of Happiness - iea.org.uk Pursuit of... · and the pursuit of happiness about the authors…
In Pursuit of Happiness: the Cultural Psychological web.ba.ntu.edu.tw/luolu/In Pursuit of Happiness…