Instructions - ?· Web viewbilkent university. application for professional. leave. of absence supported…
Post on 27-May-2019
Embed Size (px)
APPLICATION FOR PROFESSIONAL
LEAVE OF ABSENCE SUPPORTED BY UNIVERSITY FUNDS
APPLICATION FOR FACULTY LEAVE
1. The Faculty Member is requested to complete sections I through V and submit the completed form to Department Chair for initial review
2. The Department Chair reviews the application and forwards it to the Dean with a recommendation
3. The Dean reviews and brings the application to the Faculty Executive Board for their recommendation
4. The Dean submits the entire application with own recommendation to the Provosts Office for consideration.
SUMMARY OF ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Approval of an application for a professional leave of absence supported by university funds is subject to the discretion of the department chair, the dean, and the provost based upon a variety of factors, including the merits of the project to be undertaken by the faculty member and the resources of the department, faculty, and university.
Generally, university supported professional leave may be taken for up to one academic year at full salary. A faculty member who receives leave supported by Bilkent funds must make a commitment to return to the university for at least one year following the leave and agree to reimburse the university if he/she does not return.
Faculty members are encouraged to review the Policy on Faculty Leaves for details concerning the terms and conditions of the leave of absence. Faculty may also wish to review:
Policy on Faculty Leaves http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~provost/FacultyHandbook/index.html
SECTION I: FACULTY PROFILE
Date of First Appointment & Rank (as a regular Assistant Prof or higher):
Current Faculty Rank:
SECTION II: LENGTH OF LEAVE
Period of Requested Leave:
|_| Fall Semester of 201|_| Spring Semester of 201
|_|Full Academic Year 201-201|_| Other (specify) [Leaves may not start or end during a semester]
Provide the desired start and end dates of the leave:
Start Date End Date
Dates and types of previous leaves:
University Supported Leave:
SECTION III: FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Requested Support from the University:
Fall 201 SemesterSalary: 100% Benefits:Full-Time Benefits
Spring 20 SemesterSalary: 100% Benefits:Full-Time Benefits
Other Sources of Support:
Specify source(s) of support other than the University
SECTION IV: PLANNED ACTIVITIES
Please attach a detailed description of the project(s) and academic activities that you wish to undertake. Include the following:
1. Description of planned activities (one or two pages).
2. Where it is to be done (attach supporting invitation letters, if applicable).
3. What you consider to be the value of the proposed work to Bilkent, to yourself, and to your professional field.
4. Provide a brief (one or two sentence) description of the leave, which may be used for internal purposes. This statement may be announced in Bilkent News.
SECTION V: INTENT TO RETURN
[A separate contract will be signed.]
I understand that if this leave of absence is granted, I am committed to returning to the faculty of Bilkent University for one year, and if I should decide not to return, I will reimburse Bilkent University for the full amount of any financial support provided during the leave.
Faculty Member SignatureDate
Faculty members are requested to reflect back on their leave and briefly describe their accomplishments during the leave and share their experiences with colleagues.SECTION VI:
The above referenced department is supportive of Professor ______________________s request for a leave of absence as described in the attached application.
Please describe how the teaching responsibilities of the applicant will be covered.
Department Chairs SignatureDate
Approval by the Faculty Executive Committee [Attached]
Approval by the University Executive Committee
Upon approval, please send a copy of this form to the Personnel Office, and the above referenced faculty and department.
4 | Page