inspired with these amazing 8 small business success stories
out of 15
Post on 19-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. INSPIRED WITH THESE 8 SMA LL BUSINESS SUCCESS STORIES
- 2. CITIKITTYINCC A T S C O U L D B E A G O O D S O U R C E O F I N S P I R A T I O N FOUNDER REBECCA RESCATE
- 3. REBECCA RESCATE moved into a tiny apartment and had to squeeze everything into that place, when she realized that she had no place for her cats litter box. She decided to toilet train her cat, but could not find an easy and cost- effective toilet training kit. In order to simplify the process, CitiKitty Inc. was formed and is now available in more than 1,000 stores and the business has peaked to about $1 million in annual sales.
- 4. LEE ZALBEN YOURCOLLEGESTUDY BREAKHANGOUT
- 5. Lee Zalben came up with the idea for his business in collegebut not sitting in any classroom. As Lee and his friends studied for finals, they developed a fun competition to hold during those much-needed study breaks: who could create the craziest but best-tasting peanut butter sandwich. Fast-forward to post-graduation when Lee saw an empty storefront in the Greenwich Village area of New York City and thought it would be an ideal locale for a peanut butter sandwich shop. In 1998, The Peanut Butter & Co. Sandwich shop opened. Offering gourmet peanut butter sandwiches as well as desserts, milkshakes, and smoothies, the company has grown quickly, selling its varieties of all-natural peanut butter in more than 15,000 supermarkets and specialty food stores.
- 6. SafetyBunns Fall Prevention Pants for Hospital Use
- 7. A nurse for 35 years, Barb Przybylowicz, saw first-hand how some patients, especially those she worked with in independent and assisted-living homes, often need a more secure way of sitting in chairs. "The day came when a resident kept 'slip-sliding' from her chair," says Przybylowicz. That is when she came up with her idea: pants designed with a non-slip area on the buttocks to keep people safe from slipping or sliding regardless of where they sit. No longer in the nursing field, Przybylowicz continues to help others with her invention.
- 8. My kids are slobs and when they come home, they throw their backpacks against the foyer wall, kick off their shoes into my white moldings, and generally destroy the place, says Debbie Wiener of Slobproof! My oldest son Sam came home from college for Thanksgiving and saw me on my hands and knees, filling in the dings and dents on my baseboard molding with crusty cans of white paint. Without moving an inch from the TV, he asked, Hey Mom, isn't there a better way for you to do that? From that one statement, Wiener developed the Slobproof! PaintPen, a vacuum-sealed paint pen that can be filled with any color paint for touch-ups. Slobproof!
- 9. InspiredbyAn AnnoyedDad BigHotDogwasthebrainstormof DanAbbate,daBossofBigHotDog, duringafamilyBBQ.Hisdad,Denny, gotannoyedwhenregularhotdogs wouldrollontothegroundwhich gaveDantheideatocreateahotdog thatwouldntroll.
- 10. VERY SPECIFIC SLICE OF BROWNIE THELOVEOF
- 11. One day I was eating a corner brownie, and realized that I loved the corner the best...but never really talked about it. Then I realized that was probably true for lots of people, says Matthew Griffin, President and CEO of Baker's Edge. Griffin decided to invent a pan that only made edge pieces, resulting in the Edge Brownie Pan, which won the Grand Champion prize for the Visa/MSN Ideas Happen contest. Along with their other products, the Edge Brownie Pan is sold online at their web site and Amazon.com, as well as retailers like Sur La Table and Solutions.
- 12. PROFESSIONAL GAMES INC. NEED FOR A FATHER'S DAY GIFT
- 13. T I N A N E L S O N When my children were two, four and five years old, I thought [a great Fathers Day gift] would be a game to teach them what Dad did after he left for work each day. He's a lawyer, and I found no game fitting that description. "On Father's Day, I always give my husband homemade gifts: the kids' feet imprinted on a t-shirt, a matching game using their photos, ceramic pieces with my kids' artwork, a laminated keepsake box with their photos on it," So, she created her own game Lawsuit! which has won Game of the Year by Creative Child magazine five years in a row.
- 14. W A T C H I N G A F R I E N D P I C K U P A G I R L I N S P I R E D B Y
- 15. A few years ago, I was out to dinner with a friend, and I had excused myself from the table. When I returned, my handsome dinner date had scribbled on the back of his business card, Want to have dinner? As we were leaving the restaurant, he slid that card to an attractive woman at a nearby table, says Lori Cheek. This gesture made her realize how many folks want to connect with someone they see in real life, but dont necessarily want to hand over a business cardwith so much personal informationto a stranger. In May 2010, she launched Cheekd.com, combining the use of real cards and the technology to safely connect with each other online.
View more >
NORDIC STORIES - ?· Nordic Stories is inspired by the textural landscape, geological extremes, folklore…
Strange But True Stories: King Tut's Curse, Amazing ... But True Stories: King Tut's Curse, Amazing Athletic Feats, Monster Or Myth? and More, 2006, 75 pages, Janice Greene, 1599050145, 9781599050140,
Amazing PPM Stories - Country Aircheck - October...Amazing PPM Stories ... In that case, the Meeker Clause can be invoked. ... participating in Oct. 29’s 2nd Annual Dunkin’ Donuts/Baskin-Robbins Family Day In
? Web viewCreepy Tales with Helena Duggan & Christopher Edge. Get telling your own scary stories inspired…