increase fan engagement on facebook
out of 13
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSlides from my presentation at PodCamp Pittsburgh 7 in October 2012. Tips for small businesses, bloggers or other fan page admins on increasing fan engagement with stylish and effective content.
- 1. SO YOU CREATED A FAN PAGEThe essentials Name your Page Profile Picture Cover Image Customize your URL
- 2. NAME YOUR PAGEUse a name that someone could easily use in a a sentence. This will make it easier for fans and other pages to tag you in posts.EX: Headed to a Pittsburgh Steelers game! Headed to a The Pittsburgh Steelers OFFICIAL PAGE game!Usually good to leave off LLC, Inc., OFFICIAL PAGE, etc.
- 3. PROFILE PIC & COVER IMAGEChoose striking, highly visual images that make the most of your web real estate.Profile Pic: 190px X 190pxCover Image: 851px X 351px Choose a profile pic that is moregraphic, like a logo, that will look goodin thumbnail format. Adjust your Cover Image to reflectseasonal trends, events or promotions.
- 4. CUSTOM URLA customized URL makes it easy to include your fan page in print ads, flyers, in-store signage, or any other imagery.It makes your page easy for fans to find. Go to www.facebook.com/username Select your page, and pick an available username.
- 5. NOW LETS ADD SOME STYLE!Create some original content Photos Video Personal Insight Youre an expert, share that knowledge with your fans and become indispensible!
- 6. PHOTOSUpload original photos as often as you can (once a week) Take photos that are simple and show off what youre trying to highlight Of course, keep it professional Make the photos as current as possibleYou can now customize how photosappear on your fan page.
- 7. VIDEO Keep it short and simple less than 1 minute. Why not record a quick video to show fans and customers your latest shipment? Show fans how you create something Respond to fan questions with a video Above all provide valuable information to your fans
- 8. NOWGET YOURSELF OUT THERE!Its called Social Media, you should interact with your community.Connect with Real Life connections like neighbors, non-profits you support, vendors, bloggers, etc. Like their pages Comment on and like their posts This gets your name out there to potential fans and customers
- 9. MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIMEYour time is valuable, dont get stuck in a Facebook time warp!Facebook posts get the most clicks: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1pm-4pm However, you should experiment to find the most responsive time for your fansScheduling!
- 10. BONUS TIPSCustomize your settings Manage Permissions
- 11. BONUS TIPSCustomize your settings Featured Likes
- 12. QUESTIONS?Think of a great question later? You can always reach me: Twitter: @tmistick www.torimistick.com
View more >