idioms!! idioms are things you say that you don’t really mean literally, like put a sock in it, it...
out of 5
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- IDIOMS!! Idioms are things you say that you dont really mean literally, Like put a sock in it, it doesn't actually mean put a sock in your mouth, it just means to be quite.
- Slide 2
- Friends Thoughts about Idioms 0 Sally: An Idiom is something that you dont really mean. 0 Daniel: An Idiom is a saying 0 Chloe: An Idiom is a phrase or a sentence that doesnt really make sense. 0 Jarred: An Idiom is something that you say, but dont really mean it.
- Slide 3
- Examples of Idioms 0 Brake a leg 0 Put a sock in it 0 Hold your horses 0 Back in a second 0 In a drop of hat 0 Go over it fine tooth comb 0 Like a fish out of water 0 Youre a couch potato
- Slide 4
- Hold your Horses Hold your horses does not mean hold your hoses, it means calm down, just wait.
- Slide 5
- Break a Leg When we say break a leg, it doesnt mean go and break your leg it means to try your hardest.
View more >
Put in practice or effect, SOLVED IDIOMS - Idioms from 1971 to 2015...آ 1971 1- Carry out Accomplish,