Click here to load reader
Post on 16-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONBetter ICT for Volunteer Managers (19 Feb 09) - Youthnet and VBase 3 by Felicity Jones
- 1. Felicity Jones Membership Services Manager
- YouthNet is the UK's first exclusively online charity. Itwas set up in 1995 by the broadcaster Martyn Lewis.
- We guide and support young people, enabling them to make educated life choices, participate in society and achieve their ambitions.
- We do this through two award winning websites: TheSite.org and do-it.org.uk
- YouthNet aims to create a socially inclusive environment where young people living in the UK are engaged, informed and inspired to achieve their ambitions and dreams. We deliver high-quality information, signposting and frontline emotional support primarily through the internet.
3. What is TheSite.org? askTheSite Q&A service 400+ questions answered monthly Launched in 1996 by YouthNet, TheSite.org is an expert guide to life for young people from 16 to 25 years old 500,000+ unique visitors per month 2,000+ fact sheets and articles +local advice finder Discussion boards with 20,000+ members 4. What is do-it.org.uk? Volunteering made easy Launched in 2000 by Tony Blair UKs first, and only, national volunteering database that you can view online Over 75,000 unique visitors per month 1 million opportunities to volunteer 300,000+ registered users 5. How do-it works: Searching The basic search allows you to search for volunteering opportunities by your interests, and in an area that is convenient to you 6. How do-it works: Advanced search Search by postcode or town as well as how far you want to travel to You can also search by the type of activities that interest you as well as what volunteering role you would like to undertake Searches can also be narrowed by the times you are available 7. How do-it works: Search results Search results show brief details about the volunteering opportunity and its location. By clicking on more information and contact details you can find out more information about the role, time commitment, location, skills etc.The next step is to register and apply for the opportunity. 8. How do-it works: Registration The easy and quick online registration form allows you to fill in as much or as little information as you want Once the registration process has been completed the form is then sent to the opportunity provider 9. How do-it works: Confirmation The quick and easy online registration form allows you to fill in as much or as little information as you want Volunteers get an immediate confirmation of their application with contact details should they wish to get in touch with the opportunity provider 10. How do-it works: Confirmation A confirmation is then sent to the organisation who advertised the opportunity to let them know someone has applied or enquired about the volunteering role.This includes an attachment containing the volunteers details which can then be imported into V-Base 11. More than just a database We have made do-it the website of choice for volunteers. The want to volunteer? and about volunteering sections provide information and advice about how to get started with volunteering and what to expect when you start volunteering. 12. The do-it newsletter 13. The Homepage 14. Employee Volunteering ServicesIf you are a company and want to provide opportunities for your staff to volunteer do-it has easily understandable information about how to put an employee supported volunteering service in place 15. do-it Magazine We have a range of blogs written by current volunteer about their experiences as well as features on different areas of volunteering to help you understand the areas you might want to get involved in. 16. How do-it works: Alerts Volunteers can choose weekly or monthly e-mail alerts to highlight new volunteering opportunities which match their search criteria 17. How do-it works: Syndication We have XML feeds of volunteering opportunities on a number of high profile websites 18. do-it.org.uk Partners do-it has over 450 V-Base users mostly Volunteer Centres and vinvolved Teams There are 120National and Regional Charities using the Online Poster System. 25 Partners have syndication feeds of content onto their own website. 19. * *PREVIEW*V-Base 3*PREVIEW* 20. Opportunity Skills/Requirements/Benefits 21. Opportunity Location 22. Opportunity - Location Wizard Step 1 23. Opportunity - Location Wizard Step 2 24. Organisation Activity Log 25. Organisation Policies & Procedures 26. Volunteer Monitoring 27. Volunteer Commitment 28. Volunteer Skills 29. Lookup Management 30. Query Builder 31. Felicity Jones Membership Services Manager [email_address] 020 72505724