ict center presentation
Embed Size (px)
Information & Communications Technology CenterMattru Jong, Sierra Leone
Twenty-First Century African Youth Movement
Abu-Hassan “Askia” KoromaCEO & Founder
Urgent Need to Connect Mattru Jong to the Digital Economy
• Along with many small towns in Sierra Leone, Mattru Jong is facing a vexing problem of unemployment and illiteracy.
• Studies have proven that broadband exhibit dramatic economic and social results in developing countries
Establish a Sustainable and Self Funded Information & Communications Technology Center that Connects Mattru Jong to Global e-Commerce Economy
1. Provision of better training & education to the community.2. Improvements in financial inclusion & access to new markets.3. Provision of real-time market prices & meteorological reports for
farmers and fishermen, reducing occupational vulnerability and improving resilience.
4. Improvements in local healthcare & reduction in pathogenic incidence.
5. More effective communications.
Sustainable Long Term Business Model
VSAT is the Only Viable Broadband Solution in the Near Term
The ICT Center In Mattru Jong
Adopt a Phased Approach Building on the Success of the Community Center
Established in 2013
Building on a Strong Community Relationships and Foundation
ICT Center Services Built Around Three Pillars
Economically Viable if All Users Share the Costs to Operate the ICT Center Forecasted at $55K per Year
Investments Required for ICT Center to Become Self Sufficient
~ $175K Required Over 3 Years to Fund Upfront Investments and Operating Expenses
• VSAT Equipment & Installation• Onsite ICT Staff of 4 FTE• 25 PCs, Printer and Projector• Upgrade Existing Generator• AYM Staff for Oversight and Aligning Stakeholders
• UN Volunteers & NGO Partners for Training Content Leveraging Massive Open Online Courses
Call to Action
Please Help Establish a Sustainable ICT Center in Mattru Jong Providing a Wonderful Opportunity to Improve the Lives of ~ 10K People