i warn you through my servants the prophets email@example.com
out of 14
Post on 17-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- I warn you through my servants the prophets Khinckley1@yahoo.com
- Slide 2
- Patron Letters to Church Family History Dept. I have had a hard time finding myself in London. If I was from there, I was very small and cannot be found. Enclosed please find my grandmother. I have worked on her for fifty years without success. Now see what you can do. My Grandfather died at the age of three. Source of information: Family Bible in possession of Aunt Maime, until the tornado hit Topeka, Kansas. Now only the good Lord knows where it is. I would like to find out if I have any living relatives or dead relatives or ancestors in my family.
- Slide 3
- President Lorezo Snow
- Slide 4
- President Spencer W. Kimball April 1978 Priesthood Session Dont kill the little birds I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ lives, said John Taylor my predecessor, for I have seen him. I bear his testimony to you brethren
- Slide 5
- Amos Chapter 3, JST Can two walk together, except they be agreed? Will a lion roar in the forest, when he hath no prey? Will a young lion cry out of his den, if he have taken nothing? Can a bird fall in a snare upon the earth, where no gin [bait, lure] is for him? Shall one take up a snare from the earth, and have taken nothing at all? Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not known it? Will the Lord do anything until he reveals it to his prophets? Hebrew word for Secret: intimate, private counsel
- Slide 6
- Orson F. Whitney "The need for prophecy must be evident to any pious and reflective mind. Prophets are as watchmen on the tower, noting the time of night, telling of the approaching dawn. 'Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.' This means, as I interpret it, that the all wise Dispenser of human affairs will neither cause nor permit any event to take place, concerning which the world need to have fore-knowledge, until he has communicated with his chosen servants, his oracles among men, and has given them due notice of its approach." (Saturday Night Thoughts, p15)
- Slide 7
- Section 132 7 And verily I say unto you, that the conditions of this law are these: All covenants, contracts, bonds, obligations, oaths, vows, performances, connections, associations, or expectations, that are not made and entered into and sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, of him who is anointed, both as well for time and for all eternity, and that too most holy, by revelation and commandment through the medium of mine anointed, whom I have appointed on the earth to hold this power (and I have appointed unto my servant Joseph to hold this power in the last days, and there is never but one on the earth at a time on whom this power and the keys of this priesthood are conferred), are of no efficacy, virtue, or force in and after the resurrection from the dead; for all contracts that are not made unto this end have an end when men are dead.
- Slide 8
- Amos 8 Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail, 6 That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; [yea], and sell the refuse of the wheat? 7 The LORD hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob, Surely I will never forget any of their works. 8 Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein? and it shall rise up wholly as a flood; and it shall be cast out and drowned, as [by] the flood of Egypt. 11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: 14 They that swear by the sin of Samaria, even they shall fall, and never rise up again.
- Slide 9
- Lebanon Assyrian Empire
- Slide 10
- Spencer W. Kimball.. and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts. (Malachi 3:5.) And to me that means, woe unto them who will rationalize, who will explain away their errors in these matters, who justify their oppressions. Farm hands, domestic help, and unprotected people are often oppressed, when economic circumstances place them in the position where they must accept what is offered or remain unemployed. And we sometimes justify ourselves in underpaying and even boast about it: And then there are those of us who require excessive compensation for services and who fail to give "value received" and who give no loyalty with their insufficient and inefficient service. And as we look about, we see many who are greedy for excessive wealth, and especially that which comes with sharp practices and at the expense of strict honesty and complete integrity. It is hard to satisfy us. The more we have, the more we want.
- Slide 11
- Pres. Kimball Continues Having food and raiment let us be therewith content."-Why another farm, another herd of sheep, another bunch of cattle, another ranch? Why another hotel, another cafe, another store, another shop? Why another plant, another office, another service, another business? Why another of anything if one has that already which provides the necessities and reasonable luxuries? Why continue to expand and increase holdings, especially when those increased responsibilities draw one's interests away from proper family and spiritual commitments, and from those things to which the Lord would have us give precedence in our lives? Why must we always be expanding to the point where our interests are divided and our attentions and thoughts are upon the things of the world? Certainly when one's temporal possessions become great, it is very difficult for one to give proper attention to the spiritual things. Question: Why do we do these things?
- Slide 12
- Heber C. Kimball One day, Salt Lake City will be classed among the most wicked cities of the world. A spirit of speculation and extravagance will take possession of the Saints and the result will be financial bondage Persecution will come next. The Saints will be tested to the limit. Many will apostatize and many will be still and not know what to do. Before that day comes, however, the Saints will be put to a test that will try the integrity of the best of them. They will cry unto the Lord day and night until He comes.
- Slide 13
- Saints in Africa
- Slide 14
- Elder Jeffrey Holland Wherever you live, and at whatever point in age or experience you find yourself, I declare that God has through His Only Begotten Son lifted the famine of which Amos spoke. I testify that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Bread of Life and a Well of Living Water springing up unto eternal life. I declare to those who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and especially to those who are not, that our Heavenly Father and His Beloved Firstborn Son did appear to the boy prophet Joseph Smith and restored light and life, hope and direction to a wandering world, a world filled with those who wonder, Where is hope? Where is peace? What path should I follow? Which way should I go?
View more >
SERVICE GUIDE For WARN PULLZALL 120Vac - ?· SERVICE GUIDE For WARN PULLZALL 120Vac ... 987604A1.doc…
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON INDENTURED SERVANTS pickett ?· BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON INDENTURED SERVANTS…
Wisconsin Agro-Security Resource Network. Agenda What is WARN Why Prepare and What to Protect WARN History and Purpose WARN Structure WARN Resources Incident