i phone tri-apps-1
Post on 26-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Our mission is to aspire and enrich peoples lives worldwide. By working for AT&T, the worlds premiere voice and data Communications Company, we are aiding a business dedicated to providing their customers with the most exciting and useful communications means. Again, as a team we are looking to stimulate new priorities that will spark motivation and enable consumers to optimize their potential of giving back to the environment, as well as their neighbors. AT&T runs the world's largest, most sophisticated communications network and the largest digital wireless network in North America; thus, we are confident our efforts will touch the lives of people indefinitely.
Lauren Sieber Melissa Raffaele Amanda MarcusonEnyaMceice Lisa YounesRuixue Yao
2. Team Topic Statement
Applications for mobile devices are rapidly evolving and empowering our lives in response to our needs and wants as consumers. In order to appeal to the masses and keep pace with the technology wave, we are developing a mobile application package deal consisting of three applications for AT&T customers. These three applications will: show you local sites in need of volunteers, give you locations and helpful information about recycling sites, and the third will keep you up to date on the charity of your choice.
3. AT&T's Commitment to Social Responsibility:
The AT&T Foundation is the philanthropic arm of AT&T
Established in 1984
Invests globally to address a range of public concerns
4. AT&T Supports:
Education: donated $51.5 million
Volunteerism: collected 75 tons of food and raised $20,000 to fight hunger
Workforce Diversity: ranked #2 in "Top 50 Companies for Diversity" by DiversityInc
Protecting the Environment: "Environmental Leadership Award" from Automotive Fleet for use of alternative-fuel vehicles
*All statistics reported by AT&T for 2009
5. What Could Be Improved:
AT&T clearly has a commitment to philanthropy and giving back to communities
They are the official service provider for the iPhone, which offers 100,000 apps (software programs)
Why not combine their support for social responsibility with the popularity of iPhone apps to help millions of iPhone users give back with the ease of using their phones!
6. 7. We all want to do our part to make this world a better place. Recycling is one of the easiest ways to do this. Unfortunately some of us get lazy and just throw things away. Some of us dont know what can be recycled or where. The new app for the iPhone will tell you how and where.
The recycling icon will bring you to a page where you can locate recycling centers based on what your looking to recycle and/or where your located. It will even tell you the locations where you can get money for recycling.
For example when you click on the recycling icon in the Tri Giving Back homepage
8. Tri Giving Back
I would like to recycle:
Enter Zip Code:
9. In addition to recycling centers the app will also give you access to a variety of different ways to recycle such as:
Fun recycling arts and crafts for kids.
Ex .Tissue box guitar
Ex. Decorating cardboard house
Interesting recycling facts for those who thrive on information.
Next Page ->
10. Recycling Facts
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours -- or the equivalent of a half a gallon of gasoline. 11. There is not limit to how many times an aluminum can can be recycled. 12. If every American recycled just one-tenth of their newspapers, we would save about 25,000,000 trees a year. 13. Recycling plastic saves twice as much energy as burning it in an incinerator. 14. Every month, we throw out enough glass bottles and jars to fill up a giant skyscraper. All of these jars are recyclable! 15. An estimated 80,000,000 Hershey's Kisses are wrapped each day, using enough aluminum foil to cover over 50 acres of space -- that's almost 40 football fields. All that foil is recyclable, but not many people realize it.
Next Page ->
16. Recycling Recap:
If your city, town or waste hauler accepts it, recycle it. Paper, plastic, glass and metal; recycling it means it wont end up in the landfill and could somehow be used again.
Trashing your old electronics send them right to the landfill, even though most of the time they can be reused, refurbished, or at the very least recycled.
Dont just mindlessly throw things in the trash. Learn how and where to properly get rid of batteries, light bulbs, paint, prescription medications and pesticides.
17. 18. Choose a Charity:
Search more charities:
19. About Us
News and Events
Refer A Child
20. 21. Volunteering Application:Help Give Back to Your Community
Volunteering is one of the most fulfilling ways to fully enjoy and take part in this exciting city.
In Manhattan alone, there are hundreds of non-profit and volunteer organizations that offer all sorts of fun and meaningful projects.
Whether you have one hour of time to donate or one year, are interested in teaching kids, restoring community gardens, or helping the homeless, there is a project thats right for you.
This application will locate you by your zip code and list programs and opportunities around your given area where you can help.
22. New York Cares offers a vast assortment of daily, weekly, and monthly projects such as soup kitchen services, youth basketball clinics, adult literacy classes, and even senior citizen dance-a-thons. There is no commitment, you can literally go anytime you feel like donating your time to others.
Another program is Big Brothers and Big Sisters of NYC. This program gives kids the chance to see the city through your eyes. Big Brothers and Sisters schedule trips to museums, plays, etc., or you can simply just tour the city.
The NYC Parks Department also offers great volunteer work that involves spending quality time with Mother Nature. You can help plant trees, flowers, clean up the lawn, pick up garbage, etc.
23. 24. The iPhone offers over 100,000 apps, most of which are there because we get bored or we want to make our lives easier. There's nothing wrong with that, why not make our lives more convenient? But while were at it, why dont we also help others make their lives better
25. There are over 6 billion people in this world. Imagine the difference we could make if even ten percent of us give back, thats 600 million people. We are all capable of helping out, unfortunately we just choose not to. The Tri-Giving Back application pack gives people a way to help out and give back to their communities or help save the planet, in a quick, simple way.
26. For just $19.95 you can help make this world a better place. Learn more about giving back to your community, helping those in need, and sustainability.
27. We have to power to help out the world at our fingertips.