humanities and technology unite
out of 26
Post on 22-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSlides from the "Humanities and Technology Unite" event at the Museum of the City of New York http://m.mcny.org/programs/Humanities-and-Technology-Unite A special evening to celebrate the NEH Grant awarded to MCNY and Tagasauris, a NYC Technology start-up, to annotate the Museum's archives using crowdsouring and semantic web technologies.
- 1. Crowdsourcing Quality Management and other stories Panos IpeirotisNew York University & Tagasauris
- 2. Amazon Mechanical Turk
- 3. Tagging patent pending
- 4. But what if MTurk workers submit incorrect tags? patent pending
- 5. Voting
- 6. VotingBut what if MTurk workers also vote incorrectly?
- 7. VotingBut what if MTurk workers also vote incorrectly?Redundancy: 5+ votes per tag
- 8. But my task is Describe thisnot just right or wrong Creation HIT (e.g. describe the image) Improve HIT Compare HIT (voting) (e.g. improve description) Which is better?
- 9. version 1: A parial view of a pocket calculator together with some coins and a pen.version 2: A view of personal items a calculator, and some gold and copper coins, and a round tip pen, these are all pocket and wallet sized item used for business, writting, calculating prices or solving math problems and purchasing items.version 3: A close-up photograph of the following items: A CASIO multi- function calculator. A ball point pen, uncapped. Various coins, apparently European, both copper and gold. Seems to be a theme illustration for a brochure or document cover treating finance, probably personal finance.version 4: Various British coins; two of 1 value, three of 20p value and one of 1p value. version 8: A close-up photograph of the following items: A CASIO multi-function, solar powered scientific calculator. A blue ball point pen with a blue rubber grip and the tip extended. Six British coins; two of 1 value, three of 20p value and one of 1p value. Seems to be a theme illustration for a brochure or document cover treating finance - probably personal finance."
- 10. New York: Old and New http://newyorkoldandnew.blogspot.com/ An engagement experiment:Search the NYPL digital library for anold photo of New York, and then find a photo of the same location, today
- 11. 1935
- 12. 2007
- 13. 1933
- 14. 2007
- 15. 1890
- 16. 2007
- 17. 1890
- 18. 1900
- 19. 1976
- 20. 2008
- 21. The incomplete knowledge graph [Harsen Homestead, 72nd Street, ca. 1888.]
- 22. The incomplete knowledge graphHarsen Homestead ???
- 23. The incomplete knowledge graph Jacob Harsen, a farmer who started Harsenville, a village spanning 68th Street to 81st Street between Central Park West and the Hudson River.Source: http://www.oneshermansquare.com/HistoryofShermanSquare.aspx
- 24. The incomplete knowledge graph Crowd not only annotates historical archives but also contributes back to the knowledge graph [allowingeasier annotation in the future]
- 25. New York Times, 1911
- 26. The incomplete knowledge graph Crowd participation not onlyannotates historical archives but also contributes back to the knowledge graph [allowing easier annotation in the future]
View more >
Unite Training Day 16 - Tech'N' Unite 2016 - Training Day Welcome to Unite Training Day 2016 • Take…
Wi l Wireless AiAccessories - ?· ReSound Unite™ Contents ReSound Unite ReSound Unite™ Tests –General…
unite WOR Unite polKicy conferSence 2016 - Unite Conference 2016... · UNITE ON YOUR SIDE unite WORUnite…