How to succeed at Kickstarter and Crowdfunding PR
out of 21
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. |1@DivertingLifeHow (Not) To #FundingFailHeather DelaneyHead of Consumer Tech and Kickstarterat Dynamo PRheather.firstname.lastname@example.org@DivertingLife
- 2. |2@DivertingLifeIntro to Crowdfunding
- 3. |3Technology26%@DivertingLifeReality Check - Kickstarter Edition176,866 projects42% success rateAverage raised $14,826$77,735
- 4. |4Gaming34%@DivertingLifeReality Check - Kickstarter Edition176,866 projects42% success rateAverage raised $14,826$62,045
- 5. |5Chanceofamillion?@DivertingLifeReality Check - Kickstarter Edition0.05%
- 6. Dynamo has now raised over $9 millionRaised $9,163,077 from 15 campaigns in 18 months|6@DivertingLife
- 7. |7@DivertingLifeHow To #FundingFail
- 8. |8@DivertingLife#FundingFail #1 - Expect Riches"My idea is going to raise $5,000,000!"
- 9. #FundingFail #2 - Put It ALL In Your Video|9@DivertingLife"Everyone loves videos and I simply cannot explaineverything in less than 8 minutes!"
- 10. #FundingFail #3 - Keep It Secret. Keep It Safe."I don't want anyone talking about my project yet, so I am|10@DivertingLifegoing to surprise them when it's live!"
- 11. #FundingFail #4 - Hurry Your Launch"I heard there might be a competitor launching soon, I have|11@DivertingLifeto launch before anyone else does!"
- 12. #FundingFail #5 - You Are Not Prepared To Deliver"I have spoken to one manufacturer/developer. I got this! "|12@DivertingLife
- 13. #FundingFail #6 - Take A Break After Launch"I have launched my project, now it's time to sit back and|13@DivertingLifewatch the money roll in!"
- 14. |14@DivertingLife#FullyFunded
- 15. #FullyFunded #1 - Keep It Simple Stupid|15@DivertingLifeWould your mother understand your sales pitch?
- 16. |16@DivertingLife#FullyFunded #2 - Creativity Is KeyPledge levels must be interesting, think carefully.
- 17. #FullyFunded #3 - Give Them Something To WriteBy having your content ready ahead of time you give press|17@DivertingLifeeverything they need without having to wait.
- 18. #FullyFunded #4 - Give Press a Chance|18@DivertingLifeGive press time before launch to write an article, they willthank you for it.
- 19. #FullyFunded #5 - Provide Relevant InformationUpdate your backers with relevant news on your project and|19@DivertingLifeproduct.
- 20. |20@DivertingLife#FullyFunded #6 - Be ResponsiveRespond to every comment.
- 21. |21@DivertingLifeThank You!Session Q & AHeather DelaneyHead of Consumer Tech and Kickstarterat Dynamo PRheather.email@example.com@DivertingLife
View more >